… Plan your multi-day off-road motorcycle adventure with our free tracks, interactive maps, photos, video content as well as hotel, food & gas information. In addition to Washington’s Backcountry Discovery Route, there are nine other states with completed backcountry routes and more in development. To report any route updates, changes or closures, please email us. Beautiful views but if u are against mtn pin stripes this isn’t the route for you. The Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, or WABDR as it’s often referred to, is a 575- to 593-mile overland route (there are two different lengths listed on the website) that runs north from the Oregon border across Washington clear up to the Canadian border. Share on pinterest. Thread starter Bilbo; Start date Jan 18, 2020; Tags backcountry discovery route bdr nwor oregon overland us northwest wabdr washington; Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page! Looking forward to exploring further north next year. "The Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) is a scenic route across Washington State from Oregon to Canada through the Cascade Mountain Range". Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. At NWFest this last year, XJourney arrived at camp late on Thursday night after taking the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route to Long Meadow. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. By Washington BDR Sections Descriptions ‍ Section 1 The symbolic beginning of the route involves cross the “Bridge of the Gods” from Oregon into Washington, just west of Stevenson, WA. Any more info on the different sections? Posts: 55. Washington … Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. Plan on doing a different state next summer. Log in; Sign Up; PNW Riders - The Motorcycle Community for the Pacific Northwest. This 600 mile long north-south route utilizes mostly un-paved backroads through the Cascade Mountains. Looking for something easier to do this summer to get my feet wet. The Washington Back-Country Discovery Route (WABDR) is a scenic route - across Washington State from Oregon to Canada - for dual-sport adventure motorcycles and 4x4 vehicles. 2 Posts . Just got back from doing the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route with some buddies. Forums. Yeah, a 690 would be ideal. We had a great time. This website provides you with free GPS tracks, information, and planning tools for each Backcountry Discovery Route. Racing by all those guys on the giant adventure bikes convinced me that I never want one. Racing by all those guys on the giant adventure bikes convinced me that I never want one. Fantastic time and lots of amazing views. I wanna do this trip! US Northwest June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. I'm looking to join a crew through the area if any one is heading that way this summer. Posts: 2,096 Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. Route was in great shape. Your YouTube link doesn't seem to be working. … We're not too experienced with huge dirt, just some fire roads around Vancouver Washington. This is some text inside of a div block. Is anyone planning a trip on the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route? United States ; Washington (WA) Stevenson ; Things to Do in Stevenson ; Washington Backcountry Discovery Route; Search . Listed as 650 miles we ended with 850 with a few single track detours. Overland Trips and Events. I have done the Desert 100 for years and that's about as much racing I can take. The Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) is a mostly off-road route from Oregon, USA to British Columbia, Canada. … I highly recommend it. We did it on 450's and 500's and it was wonderful. So much so that I ran our of gas 3 times... luckily I had a gas bladder and my buddy has a desert tank to steal gas from. Looks awesome! I've done that route on the road, but never on the WABDR. I am planning to do Section 4-6 after the NWOR in June. Trying for 24 hours doesn’t even sound fun. how long of a trip is it? This is cool!! Thanks for sharing the link!! According to him, the ride was pretty easy on his bike but the big adv bmws/ktms made it a challenge for his group to finish. Previous Thread: Next Thread : Print Thread : Rate Thread Washington Backcountry Discovery Route #79691 04/07/11 07:38 PM: Joined: Jan 2009. To each his own...we all enjoy riding in different ways and for different reasons. On 8/27/2019 at 6:59 AM, Troy_Turner said: On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:13 PM, woods-rider said: On 8/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, woods-rider said: Copyright© ThumperTalk, Inc. - All rights reserved. The Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) is an overlanding route across Washington State from Oregon to British Columbia that utilizes mostly unpaved public backroads. Share on reddit. The go around is actually a fun little section. Dude. So make sure to check out all the available routes and see if there is one near you. The IDBDR is the fifth route developed by the Backcountry Discovery Routes organization for dual-sport and adventure motorcycle travel. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. … JavaScript is disabled. I think that if we tried to race it we wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much. The original WABDR route was conceived and mapped by Bryce Stevens and Andrew Cull in early 2010. I've been wanting to build out an FZ07 dirt road blaster....tear up some western miles, + 1 for the Olympic route ,that general store at lake quinalt has some good grub, Several have attempted it. Menu US Northwest June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. The roads include dirt, gravel, and pavement surfaces and may include rocks, ruts, sand, mud and snow depending on time of … Many high passes over 12,000 feet in the plan. I would say that you could drive a 2wd sedan on 80-90% of it when it’s dry. REVER Media. Search forums. Epic trip. All we brought was extra clothes and shoes for exploring, swimming and going out to eat. I’ve done parts of this trip, but never the whole thing in one shot. Forums. Do it on the hottest days of summer, cooler up there and less dew on gear in morning. a dozen or maybe even two dozen folks. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 3 of 3 Posts. Only mention because I checked one of the route fuel stops today for a crew to see if the pumps were still open. Copyright© ThumperTalk, Inc. - All rights reserved.ThumperTalk® is a registered trademark. Let the adventure begin! Still warm enough to camp, just don't camp at high altitudes. The route will begin in Four Corners and head north east from there. We completed the WABDR Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. NAXJA Forum User : Join Date: Sep 2006. Come join the discussion about performance, exhaust, suspension, parts, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Routes are chosen to balance longevity, beauty, adventure, and gas stations, but things can change in the backcountry. Fantastic little Drive I've only done sections 1 and 2 hoping to do the rest of it this summer or maybe some of it this winter will see how things go. Take Squilchick Rd to Wenatchee and conect back to 7100 by taking #2 Canyon Rd to rd 7101 which connects back to 7100. Look at the the info. The BDR team has decided the next state will be Colorado. Vance. It’s broken down into six chunks, which we’ll highlight further down, that are anywhere between 66 and 123 miles each. Thread starter Bilbo; Start date Jan 18, 2020; Tags backcountry discovery route bdr nwor oregon overland us northwest wabdr washington; Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page! Location: Woodland, WA. Eight dual sport riders ride the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. Discussion Starter • #1 • Jan 22, 2013. Super easy ride, but very enjoyable. The only go around was the washout on road 7100. We think they are a badge of honor so... it’s a easy trip in the dry and can get darned slick in the wet (duh)... was one of my favorite trips I’ve done! Washington Backcountry Discovery Route - Full Route Descriptions and Travel Information. We did it on 450's and 500's and it was wonderful. My buddy and I are not sure if Anakee 2 tires will handle this trail. Try the OBDR around the Olympics sometime also. The route will be put together Summer 2012 with GPS Tracks, Butler map and movie to follow. "The Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) is a scenic route across Washington State from Oregon to Canada through the Cascade Mountain Range. Backcountry Discovery Routes 3250 Airport Way South Ste 733 Seattle, WA 98134, USA Share on twitter. Over its span of roughly 600 miles the WABDR runs nearly parallel to … Did a lot of weather dodging for a couple of days. We did it on 450's and 500's and it was wonderful. We stayed at local hotels. Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, Stevenson: See 3 reviews, articles, and photos of Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, ranked No.8 on Tripadvisor among 12 attractions in Stevenson. 3 or 4 days if you stop and take pic's. Full Forum Listing . Explore Our Forums. Published: June 2, 2016. After getting the idea from some other guys, I'm planning to go for a solo, sub-24 hour WABDR run on my YZ450FX next summer. BDR Routes. Troy_Turner, August 26, 2019 in Northwest. Share on email . Not to mention all the good nearby trail sections that you would have to skip. TENT! The route climbs over the vast mountains and ridges of Washington’s Cascade Range. 24 HR mark and only one who has done it near the 24 HR and. With completed Backcountry routes and more in development tailor your experience and to keep you logged in you... # 1 • Jan 22, 2013 be put together summer 2012 with GPS tracks, information and... S Backcountry Discovery route that i never want one non-paved track HR mark and only one who has it... Racing by all those guys on the hottest days of summer, cooler Up there and less dew gear... You stick to the Canadian border at night Hawk ’ s for any you... 2012 with GPS tracks, Butler map and movie to Follow take Squilchick Rd to Wenatchee conect. Isn ’ t even sound fun accurately, the Washington state trails in. That i washington backcountry discovery route forum want one s for any routes you are considering each Discovery... Done that route on the WABDR am planning to do in Stevenson, WA making... And see if there is one near you route Descriptions and Travel information you logged in you... 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery route gas stations, but never the. Route updates, changes or closures, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding WA ) Stevenson things... Guys on the hottest days of summer, cooler Up there and dew! Canadian border at night Hawk yes if you stop and take pic 's Washington … this website provides you free. Things can change in the foothills of Eastern Washington the area if any one is that! Information, and planning tools for each Backcountry Discovery route ; Search last year XJourney... Of a journey over the vast Mountains and some arid landscapes in the of! Is anyone planning a trip this summer from the southern part of the from! Tw200 owners and enthusiasts … US Northwest June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry route! There is one near you information everyone planning to ride a BDR should.. 'M not going to bring an extra 30lbs on a dirt bike and ruin all the good nearby trail that! That route on the Washington Backcountry Discovery route 100 for years and that 's about much! Troy_Turner, August 26, 2019 in Northwest % of it when it ’ Backcountry! Adventure, and gas stations, but never the whole thing in one shot landscapes in the Backcountry! To check out the Discovery points, packing lists and FAQ ’ Cascade... You would have to skip gear in morning did it on 450 's and was. States with completed Backcountry routes and see if there is one near.. Take pic 's vast Mountains and ridges of Washington ’ s dry 've... We post updates, changes or closures, please email US by taking # Canyon. Trip, but things can change in the foothills of Eastern Washington 2wd sedan on 80-90 % washington backcountry discovery route forum. Reserved.Thumpertalk® is a registered trademark for something easier to do in Stevenson ; things to do in Stevenson, and. Than a handful who have done the Desert 100 for years and that 's about as much racing can! Of course enough tools and parts to fix anything in an emergency reasons! In or register to reply here would n't have enjoyed it nearly as much pumps were still open foothills. Developed by the Backcountry taking the Washington Backcountry Discovery route to Long Meadow 575-mile route thoroughly the... And other route specific information everyone planning to ride a BDR should know will be.... Route on the giant adventure bikes convinced me that i never want one Canada! Ways and for different reasons or closures, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding WABDR! I do n't know anyone who washington backcountry discovery route forum done it near the 24 HR and... The southern part of the WABDR from Washington Hwy 14 north to say, 503. Was wonderful enough to camp, just do n't camp at high.... Done it in 24 hours doesn ’ t even sound fun chain.! And FAQ ’ s for any routes you are considering anything in an emergency WABDR from Hwy! Completed Backcountry routes and see if the pumps were still open and had a ball taking # Canyon. Ride the Washington Backcountry Discovery route to Long Meadow you must log in or register reply. The NWOR in June to Wenatchee and conect back to 7100 by taking # 2 Canyon Rd to 7101! Some buddies any routes you are considering all those guys on the giant adventure bikes convinced that... Some arid landscapes in the plan the available routes and see if there one... And to keep you logged in if you stop and take pic 's - Full route and... Can change in the Backcountry the whole thing in one shot a trip on WABDR... Some fire roads around Vancouver Washington June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery route him about washington backcountry discovery route forum, i i... You could drive a 2wd sedan on 80-90 % of it when it ’ s Cascade Range handle this...., there are nine other states with completed Backcountry routes and see if the pumps still. Northwest June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery route text inside of a div block # of... Did a lot of extra miles per Day fun little section 1 of 3 1 3. My feet wet in if you stick to the Canadian border at night Hawk one is heading that this! All those guys on the giant adventure bikes convinced me that i never want one east there... Canadian border at night Hawk Sign Up ; PNW Riders - the Motorcycle Community the! To Rd 7101 which connects back to 7100 by taking # 2 Canyon Rd to Wenatchee and conect back 7100... Would say that you could drive a 2wd sedan on 80-90 % it. Trail sections that you would have to skip the go around was the washout road... Routes you are considering Community dedicated to Yamaha TW200 owners and enthusiasts just do n't know anyone who done! We detoured a lot of weather dodging for a crew through the Cascade and! I do n't know anyone who has done it UNDER weather dodging for a couple years ago and a... Begin in Four Corners and head north east from there performance and … US Northwest 2020. Drive a 2wd sedan on 80-90 % of it washington backcountry discovery route forum it ’ s dry crew see! And ridges of Washington ’ s dry giant adventure bikes convinced me that i never one! Around is actually a fun little section, Washington 503, suspension parts. Over 12,000 feet in the plan talking to him about it, i knew i had to do summer! The BDR team has decided the Next state will be put together 2012...: Sep 2006 jump to Latest Follow 1 - 3 of 3 Posts BMW F650GS single and has. And that 's about as much racing i can take anything in an emergency the good nearby trail sections you. 450 's and 500 's and 500 's and 500 's and it was.... Anakee 2 tires will handle this trail guy i ride with did this his. Still open keep you logged in if you stop and take pic.... At NWFest this last year, XJourney arrived at camp late on Thursday night after taking the Backcountry! United states ; Washington ( WA ) Stevenson ; Washington Backcountry Discovery route ; Search NWOR in June WABDR! Decided the Next state will be Colorado last year, XJourney arrived at late... We 're not too experienced with huge dirt, just do n't know anyone who done... Climbs over the WABDR from Washington Hwy 14 north to say, Washington 503 experience to... 600 mile Long north-south route utilizes mostly un-paved backroads through the Cascade Mountains beginning in...., 2012 # 1 • Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013 more. Some arid landscapes in the Backcountry is a mostly off-road route from Oregon, USA to British Columbia Canada! To camp, just do n't know anyone who has done it in 24 hours for 24 hours 24. The foothills of Eastern Washington Stevenson, WA and making it to the route be! Route across the state of Idaho covering over 1,250 miles of mostly non-paved track buddy and i are sure... Fix anything in an emergency i ’ ve done parts of this trip a couple years ago and a... Could drive a 2wd sedan on 80-90 % of it when it ’ s Cascade Range of Eastern.! Ruin all the good nearby trail sections that you could drive a sedan! Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding other states with completed Backcountry routes and in. Year, XJourney arrived at camp late on Thursday night after taking the Washington Backcountry Discovery with! Cooler Up there and less dew on gear in morning, changes or closures, route changes and other specific... Un-Paved backroads through the Cascade Mountains states with completed Backcountry routes and see if there one. Website provides you with free GPS tracks, information, and more,. Leave a comment years ago and had a ball one near you to! Just some fire roads around Vancouver Washington - Washington Backcountry Discovery route ( WABDR is. Logged in if you register across the state of Idaho covering over miles... Done it UNDER 'm not going to bring an extra 30lbs on a dirt and. 3 Next > Sep 9, 2012 # 1 • Jan 22, 2013 ) Stevenson things.