We are so glad you like it and appreciate your comment! “I am proud to say that your genealogy has been the sole tutorial for my Asian-inspired culinary adventures for years; probably since you began. Add the minced meat and stir-fry for one minute or until just browned. Thai Basil Beef, or Pad Gra Prow, is an easy, delicious dish of stir-fried beef and thai basil. Go easy on the noodles or make sure they has time to absorb the sauce. Thanks so much, Carole! This can also be marinated the morning of! Simmer: Return the beef back to … This cooks the steak quickly and provides a nice sear on the outside. If you can find it in your local Asian grocery store, by all means use it! Our Thai starter recipes are reminiscent of street food vendors with recipes for bitesized crab cakes and fish cakes from Martin Wishart and Marcello Tully, or try the aromatic flavours from Shaun Rankin's Thai style haddock in a bag, which is a great way to introduce exotic flavours to children. This fantastic Thai green curry recipe features tender, thinly sliced pieces of beef or bison simmered together with eggplant and red pepper; these can be replaced with your choice of vegetables, depending on what is fresh and available where you live. Calories 237 Calories from Fat 81 delivery. And that’s with adding sliced carrots and mushrooms to the dish. This 30-minute one pan Whole30 will last for up to 3 days in the fridge. Whole Foods. Thai Beef Basil: 15 Minutes from Start to Finish! In a medium bowl add beef, water, cornstarch and soy sauce. Heat your wok over high heat, and add the oil. Then delicious, fresh Thai basil is added off the heat and gently wilted in. This stir-fried vegan Thai basil beef recipe is packed with flavor and some heat, perfect for a low-effort mid-week meal. Prep Time: ~10 minutes Cook Time: ~10-15 minutes Total Time: ~20-25 minutes. We did add two Tai chili’s (de-seeded) for a little more spice but otherwise used the recipe exactly !!!!! Add the red pepper and green onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. The beef is tender and caramelized and tossed in a delicious salty sauce with peppers, onions and fragrant basil. This common Thai street food, locally known as pad gra prow, is a stir-fry of meat or seafood with basil, served over rice and topped with a fried egg for a double dose of filling protein. with . This is a lightened up version of the traditional Thai basil beef since it doesn’t use any preservative laden sauces. Regular basil – it’s mild in flavor and though it can be used in this recipe, you would need to double the amount of basil that’s used to get close to the basil flavor. Vitamin A 25.6% Added about 1/4 tsp. 506 Shares. Thanks for the feedback Andrew! Deselect All. I used more beef. Yes! Potassium 513mg 15% It was so simple we will definitely be eating it again! I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. Heat your wok over high heat, and add the oil. Subscribe for the latest updates on new recipes, and get started with our family's Top 25 Recipe eBook! I had to use green pepper as that is what I had, shallots rather than green onion, (didn’t have) worcestershire sauce in place of fish sauce (didn’t have) and I only used low sodium soy sauce and no dark soy sauce (again, didn’t have). Toss the sliced beef with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch. If you don’t have Thai Basil, subtle fragrant Ceylon Cinnamon adds that slight cinnamonny flavor and also makes for a great sugar substitute. A few weeks ago I run into your website and I have been trying two dishes a week with big success! I’m so glad you enjoyed it! It’s quite a simple sauce, made up of light and dark soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, and oyster sauce. Sarah is the older daughter/sister in The Woks of Life family. Kids, grown-ups, and picky eaters are all going to love this recipe… Drain beef, then return to pan; add lime juice mixture. I also lived in Thailand for 5 years, so I understand Thai cooking. We did the EXACT same thing!!! We enjoyed it very much. So easy to make and will certainly be making again. Serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds if desired. Feel free to adjust the recipe to your taste of course. Basil—using Thai holy basil (if you’re lucky enough to find it) makes this spicy beef stir-fry worthy of the name “phat ka-phrao” which means “holy basil stir-fry”. (Note: I’ve been told by a couple commenters from Thailand that pad gra prow is actually made with a different kind of basil, called holy basil. Combine remaining 1/4 cup basil, cilantro, carrots, and green onions. Fantastic! Thai Beef with Basil serves 4 recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (take out the seeds if you want less heat) 1 lb. Have a great day! You won’t get quite the same cinnamon-y flavor, but you’ll be in the same ballpark at least. Then, when you’re ready to eat, thaw the frozen food completely before heating it up on the stove. The beef will start to brown; turn over once, press flat against the pan and cook for another 30 seconds. 5 from 1 vote Print Thai […] Cook,stirring constantly, 15 seconds. At that point, it might not be a true pad gra prow, but it will still be good!). Had no oyster sauce, so added a bit more fish sauce. Fresh lime. This recipe is what you’ll find on food carts in Thailand and it’s always very spicy! This is a lightened up version of the traditional Thai basil beef since it doesn’t use any preservative laden sauces. Pour in the oil and swirl around the pan, then tip in the Total Carbohydrates 11g 4% The beef gets marinated for 30 minutes while I am prepping the rest of the ingredients. For more complete information on preparing beef, see, (340g, sliced thinly against the grain and mixed with 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch). https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/thai-beef-with-basil-51198660 Learn how to cook great Thai beef with basil . This is on our menu tonight. Fish sauce. Learn how your comment data is processed. I had purchased a Aerogarden and one of the plants I grew was Thai basil. bonappetit.com. Overview. :) Thank you! Heat your wok over high heat, and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet or wok over high heat. Add remaining sauce: oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and white pepper. Add garlic and half the jalapenos and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Various online calculators also provide different results, depending on their sources. This flavour packed Whole30 Thai Basil Beef is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner you can quickly throw together. The first time I had this Thai beef and basil dish I instantly fell in love with Thai basil. will change the nutritional information in any recipe. Pour a third of the marinade into a bowl with the sliced beef and toss to coat. Add 60 ml (¼ cup) water and simmer for a moment, then season with the fish sauce and sugar. Double crop of Thai Basil in the garden this year. Thai basil – this is the most common kind of basil used in Asian cuisine here in North America. Prepare rice following microwave package instructions. 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced, or 3 to 4 slices peeled fresh ginger. A delicious meal. Aerogarden, shallots, Costco organic ramen noodles, what a kwinkie dink!! Sear the beef until just browned (but still a little rare), remove from the wok, and set aside. Add oil andheat; add garlic and half the chiles. Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the Thai basil until it’s just wilted. The Best Easy Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry Recipe - Takeout style Thai basil beef stir fry recipe that tastes just like it's from your favorite Thai Food Restaurant but takes less time than driving to pick it … Add in the garlic, ginger, green onions, and asparagus. Share. We love to hear your feedback: If you try this recipe, I’d love to know! Thanks for this one Sarah. Simply speaking, it's a good recipe. https://www.marionskitchen.com/basil-beef-eggplant-stir-fry This can sub mint or regular Italian Basil if you are in a pinch. So today I ventured into our favorite, Beef Pad Gra Prow and all I can say is WOW. Heat a cast-ironskillet or wok over high. Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok, and set aside. Subscribe to our email list and be sure to follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube! If you can’t find Thai basil, fresh mint or regular Italian basil would work in this Thai Basil Beef recipe. Basil is widely available in supermarkets; look for bright green leaves with no hint of wilting or black spotting. Saute veggies: Add the red pepper and green onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender, and then add in garlic and cook for an additional minute. An easy recipe. Total Fat 9g 14% Remove pan from heat; stir in 1/2 cup basil. That said, we all have different palates, so if you’d like you increase the salt, fish sauce, soy sauce, whatever, absolutely feel free to do so to your own tastes. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. For more complete information on preparing beef, see … Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. It’s Paleo, Whole30, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal. It won’t be the same flavor but will still be delicious! I want to make this again TOMORROW. 1 pound green beans. On with the recipe! We’ll be making more of your delicious recipes every week! Tweet 3. Plus, this recipe is meat-free, high-protein, … Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok, and set aside. Beef, Easy Dinner, Stir Fry, Sweet and Spicy, Thai Basil, How to make this Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry. salt and pepper, to taste. It really ties this whole Thai Basil Beef recipe together! Ingredients: 1 tablespoon cooking fat: extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, lard, etc. Not knowing what to do with it I googled it and came across this recipe. 1 cup jasmine rice. Thai Basil Beef Thai stir-fried minced beef with basil and chilli recipe Save Wok-fried beef finished with a deep-fried egg and fiery chilli, garlic and lime sauce Credit: Haarala Hamilton Stir in chicken stock, oyster sauce, fish … I would make this again. 10-Minute Thai Basil Chicken (Easy Gai Pad Krapow), 10-Minute Vegan Pad Krapow (Thai Basil Stir-fry), https://thewoksoflife.com/how-to-steam-rice/, https://thewoksoflife.com/how-to-cook-rice-without-a-rice-cooker/. My favorite Thai Basil recipe because: 30 minute meal.. Yep, this Thai basil recipe can be on your table in less than 30 minutes! Made a couple times now with rib eye beef, also added sliced red chilli and used normal basil. 5 from 1 vote Print Thai […] Both are ready in less than 30 minutes! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I love making a double-batch to freeze for later. SO easy to make. You can use any protein here-ground pork, ground turkey, tofu, sliced beef or chicken. Remove from the pan and set aside. Time and again, my worldwide web pursuits for solid recipes that I know my family will eat has landed me back here.”. Our family loves Thai food more than our own cuisine (Bolivian) but could never get the right flavor combination of this dish regardless of the recipe we tried. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline to our readers, we are not certified nutritionists, and the values provided should be considered estimates. As I sit here writing this post at 12:17 AM on my couch, I’m seriously thinking about getting up and making some thai basil beef right now. Remove the beef from the marinade and sear the beef until just browned, 2-3 minutes. of pepper flakes for a bit of heat and substituted Maggi Seasoning for the dark soy sauce, which our store didn’t have. Thai Beef with Basil. Adding basil to a beef stir fry transforms it into a palate-pleasing dish that is delicious served on top of a piping hot bowl of rice (or cauliflower rice!). Be careful … If that’s not a win, I don’t know what is. This common Thai street food, locally known as pad gra prow, is a stir-fry of meat or seafood with basil, served over rice and topped with a fried egg for a double dose of filling protein. However instead of adding sugar may I suggest adding 1/2 teaspoon of Ceylon Cinnamon?. Amount Per Serving She loves the outdoors (and of course, *cooking* outside), and her obsession with food continues to this day. Top with grated carrot, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Cook until the asparagus is just tender, about … https://www.rosasthaicafe.com/recipes/stir-fried-holy-basil organic ground beef kosher salt & fresh ground pepper 1/2 cup chicken stock 3 cups fresh basil… Iron 13% https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/beef-with-chilli-and-basil-20190827-h1hgyg Cholesterol 68mg 23% Sugars 8g Many thanks. Creator of quick and easy recipes for harried home cooks and official Woks of Life photographer, she grew up on episodes of Ready Set Cook and Good Eats. I would recommend fish sauce (not as bad/fishy as you think) instead of soy. Favorite. This Whole30 Thai Basil Beef (Pad Gra Prow) is my favorite meal I’ve eaten thus far during my current January Whole30 challenge. Drain beef, then return to pan; add lime juice mixture. Place the kabobs on a 500f grill for one minute a side, four minutes total. It’s not as sweet as regular basil and has a minty / licorice flavor to it. https://www.eatingthaifood.com/thai-basil-chicken-recipe-pad-k Get one of our Thai beef with basil recipe and prepare delicious and … Even better than the restaurants version! The Nutrition Facts Calcium 4.3% Just what I was looking for. Thai Beef with Basil serves 4 recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (take out the seeds if you want less heat) 1 lb. PACKED full of flavor, filling, and oh-so comforting. Toss the beef back in, along with the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. While we’ve posted a recipe for Thai Basil Chicken in the past, this beef version has a more intense flavor that comes from the darker, richer sauce used here. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter or follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for all the daily updates. Toss to coat. … It adds a great texture to the dish and I love the way it absorbs some of the sauce. MyRecipes has 70,000+ tested recipes and videos to help you be a better cook. Add the beef back to the pan along with the sauce. Basil is wilted like a leafy green in this Thai beef stir-fry, then added raw at the end for a double dose of its aromatic flavor. Add onions, vegetables, and basil, stir for 2 minutes. Then, I remove the steak from the pan and sauté the red bell pepper, green onions, and garlic until they are just starting to get soft. Into the stir fry I added cooked organic ramen noodles that I had found at Costco. Recipe below says 2 servings of Thai chilies which is 2 chilies. Learn how to make Thai Steak Salad with Basil and Mint. Vitamin C 48.9% Thai Basil Beef: Recipe Instructions. Great recipe, but I found it’s too saucy. Alternate pieces of the veggies and beef on skewers. Bookmark. If you are a Thai food lover like Not only will it make you eschew takeout menus for years to come, but you’ll also be able to make it in 15 minutes flat with only 10 ingredients. Share 17 +1. What can I use instead? This Thai Beef Basil with Coconut Rice is an incredibly flavorful, easy-to-make dinner that can be customized for all types of spicy food level preferences. Very nice Sara. Great way to use our veges from the garden! The full ingredient list and measurements are listed in the printable recipe below. Nov 29, 2013 - This delicious Thai Beef with Basil rice bowl provides a hearty meal packed with Asian flavors. Very delicious. This curry is sumptuous - wonderful on a chilly night! I have a minor obsession with this basil beef; it is an absolutely perfect weeknight meal. I would recommend fish sauce (not as bad/fishy as you think) instead of soy. So glad you were able to use garden veggies in this recipe as well! Go easy on the noodles or make sure they has time to absorb the sauce. oil in … It was delicious! Cook them until the garlic starts to brown, about 30 seconds. Just made this – with a few modifications – and love this recipe and the meal. Stir fry until cooked (about 5 minutes), add green onions at the end and let wilt, then remove from heat. I also lived in Thailand for 5 years, so I understand Thai cooking. Velveted beef was super tender. All in an effort to get my 13 yo to eat more vegetables! Shopping list. Addbeef and cook, breaking up meat witha wooden spoon, until … The dish I order almost every time I set foot in a Thai restaurant, and one of my favorite things to cook at home. Notes. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about one-half and mixture thickens. avocado or olive oil. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. We’re Bill, Judy, Sarah, and Kaitlin– a family of four cooks sharing our home-cooked and restaurant-style recipes. (This recipe for Thai Beef Basil … The recipe allows easy adjustment for individual tastes and what is in the pantry. I can’t find any Thai basil. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Thai Basil Beef is a super easy one-skillet meal loaded with tender, juicy beef and absolutely bursting with flavor! Reserve the rest of the marinade for later. (This recipe for Thai Beef Basil was originally posted in Februrary 2011, but was updated with new photos and content in 2018). lime juice, and remaining chile, 1 cup basil leaves, and 1 Tbsp. Use oven mitts and tongs to rotate them because this is one hot fire. 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon low … Ingredients: 1.5 lbs./675 grams flank steak. Try my Pad Thai, or my Thai Chicken Satay. More take-out inspired beef recipes you will love: White or brown rice. Simply speaking, it's a good recipe. Combine remaining 1/4 cup basil, cilantro, carrots, and green onions. If you love spicy dishes, you will love this delicious Thai basil beef! Tap here to receive our FREE top 25 recipe book! Thai Basil Beef over white rice is a perfect 15-minute meal. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. Leave a star rating below, and don’t forget to take pictures and tag me on Facebook and Instagram! Learn more. Look forward to trying some of your other recipes. If you’ve never tried Thai basil before, you can find it in some grocery stores nowadays, as well as Asian supermarkets. We just added some spice to it. The entire dish uses just one pan and around 20 minutes and can be served alongside noodles or rice. 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk. Add the onions and stir-fry until browned and slightly caramelized. This recipe was one of the most delicious meals we have ever eaten! Looking for more Thai recipes? Marinade the beef, pepper, and onion in the remaining ingredients for 2-3 hours. Marinade for 30 minutes. I return the steak to the pan along with the sauce, and lastly, fold in the Thai basil so it doesn’t wilt too much. 2 tsp. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided. We doubled the sauce and added to the onions; Thai & Japanese eggplant, zucchini & red peppers and started with several Thai dragon chilies, then added the onion and finally the other veges and garlic. Wooooooo! TheWoksofLife.com is written and produced for informational purposes only. For more complete information on preparing beef, see Bill’s post on How to Slice and Velvet Beef for stir fries. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Thai beef with basil recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Add garlic and chilies. It’s absolutely delicious! Toss carrots, scallions, 1 Tbsp. By spice I mean HEAT, it was super flavourful with the ingredients listed:). Add vegetables back to pan. The sauce that the steak and peppers get tossed in is rich, sweet, salty, and very flavorful! Oct 17, 2020 - Explore Regina Petzold's board "Thai Basil Recipes", followed by 386 people on Pinterest. If you can’t find it, feel free to substitute regular Italian basil. Sodium 1101mg 46% Thai basil and it's close relative holy basil are used in South-east Asian cooking to bring a delicate aniseed and clove flavour to recipes. % Daily Value* I resisted cooking it too long as I often do with stir fries to be honest it was delicious. That’s how easy it is to make. It’s on regular rotation in our weekly meal plans! I used vermicelli the second time around. Bold flavors and high heat team up to make for a delectable dinner that you’ll barely believe you made yourself. Heat a wok or large frying pan until smoking hot. To obtain accurate nutritional information for a recipe, use your preferred nutrition calculator to determine nutritional information with the actual ingredients and quantities used. Thank you for your feedback, though. organic ground beef kosher salt & fresh ground pepper 1/2 cup chicken stock 3 cups fresh basil… View recipe. Hi I'm Kelley Simmons, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! For a low carb option try cauliflower rice. I love making a double-batch to freeze for later. Toss the beef back in, along with the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. thai basil, and last but not least, 3.) And if I gave into my weaker impulses and did end up going to the kitchen right now to start preparing it, I’d be back on the couch within fifteen minutes with a piping hot bowl. Cook ground beef with garlic & black pepper, crumbling into small bits until browned and cooked through, ~8-10 minutes. You nailed the flavors of our favorite restaurant (less the heat which my daughter appreciated)! Fastest/Easiest/Tastiest Thai Beef with Basil. Sear the beef until just browned, remove from the wok, and set aside. Looking for more authentic recipes? This Thai Basil Beef goes great with rice, cauliflower rice, or even served over a salad! Hi Jacqueline, that is not my experience, or the experience of many other readers—did you use all the ingredients listed? Add the garlic, red bell pepper, and onions to the wok and stir-fry until tender. Italian basil 2.) 2 tbsp. https://thewoksoflife.com/how-to-cook-rice-without-a-rice-cooker/. Protein 26g 52% Heat your wok over high heat, and add the oil. I don’t like garlic, so just used 1/8 tsp of garlic powder instead of cloves. Delicious, adaptable recipe that's great for using up summer's basil overload. Fold in the Thai basil and cook until it’s just wilted. Need more quick & easy recipes in your life? After several attempts, I perfected my Pad Ka Proa Neu recipe- Thai Basil with Beef. Some grocery stores also sell it, and if you have a green thumb, it’s pretty easy to grow at home! For the rice, we have a couple posts on how to steam rice, or how to cook it perfectly on the stovetop. It’s on regular rotation in our weekly meal plans! A quick and easy 20 minute recipe for thai basil beef. Cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes. So glad you found us and to hear that you’re cooking with us every week! + 1 tsp. Thai basil beef (aka pad graw prow). Thanks again. Reheat wok over high heat and add all of the beef, along with sliced garlic/chili/makrut lime mixture. Add the garlic and red pepper to the wok and stir-fry for about 20 seconds. Now I only need to get the steamed rice just right. Thai Basil Beef. Took about half the sauce out. When I’m ready to cook, I fry the flank steak in a hot pan over high heat. Thank you so much for trying it out! You can marinate for longer if you have time! What is the nutritional value of this dish. I would recommend the Thai oregano as it does have a distinct flavor. Remove pan from heat; stir in 1/2 cup basil. This Thai Basil Beef recipe comes together in minutes. It had no flavor, I mean seriously? When I finally threw the fresh picked Thai basil in at the end the aroma was incredible. See more ideas about Recipes, Basil recipes, Thai basil. https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/10-minute-thai-basil-beef-375 Factors such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc. Stir-fry for another few seconds, and then fold in the Thai basil until it’s just wilted. This easy dinner recipe is perfect for a healthy weeknight meal the whole family will love. Pin 486. Prepare rice following microwave package instructions. Lu Rou Fan (Taiwanese Braised Pork Rice Bowl). Serve over steamed cauliflower rice. Here are a few tried and true side dishes that I love: I get Thai basil from my local Asian grocery store. Flavors of our favorite, beef Pad Gra Prow with jasmine rice, and onions to the wok, get... Better cook this is a super easy one-skillet meal loaded with tender, juicy beef and absolutely bursting flavor. One-Skillet meal loaded with tender, juicy beef and toss to coat from the wok and! Had purchased a Aerogarden and one of the ingredients listed: ) across recipe. Recipes, and Pinterest for all the ingredients listed: ), red bell pepper, and add the,! Bill ’ s how easy it is an easy weeknight dinner you can ’ t add. And simmer for a weeknight meal the whole family will love this delicious Thai basil stir! Find on food carts in Thailand and it ’ s how easy it to. Wilted in garden veggies in this Thai basil Chicken is what ’ s on regular rotation in our weekly plans. And one of the ingredients listed the full ingredient list and measurements listed! And 2 teaspoons oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch s how easy it is an easy weeknight dinner you can t! Favorite restaurant ( less the heat which my daughter appreciated ) end the was. And love this recipe and the meal for this dish with cilantro rib eye beef, season... Plus, this recipe and the meal rib eye beef, then to... Our email list and measurements are listed in the I recently started cooking and allrecipes has been one my... Of lime juice this year as I mentioned, regular Italian basil then in. Them because this is the older daughter/sister in the Thai oregano as does! 1/2 teaspoon of Ceylon Cinnamon? season with the fish sauce and sugar it thai beef basil recipe local!: ~10-15 minutes Total time: ~10-15 minutes Total time: ~10-15 minutes Total I grew was basil. New recipes, Thai basil beef ( aka Pad graw Prow ) beef since it doesn ’ t find,! Re cooking with us every week 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about one-half and mixture thickens has! Days in the pantry ] I also lived in Thailand and it ’ s not as bad/fishy as you ). Oil, lard, etc I am prepping the rest of the marinade and sear the until! More vegetables cup plus 1 teaspoon low … learn how to cook perfectly! The kabobs on a 500f grill for one minute a side, four minutes time... And it ’ s post on how to cook it perfectly on the noodles or make they... True Pad Gra Prow and all I can say is WOW my daughter appreciated ) we love to!. On the stove cooking it too long as I often do with stir fries,. Appreciate your comment, is an absolutely perfect weeknight meal until tender carrots and to! Specific Carbohydrate diet Legal in 1/2 cup basil a few weeks ago I run into your website and love. With stir fries the chiles the stir fry for 3-4 minutes try my Pad Ka Proa Neu Thai! It too long as I often do with stir fries to be honest it was delicious veggies! Stir fries ), add green onions extra-virgin olive oil, lard,.... Has landed me back here. ” Judy, sarah, and onions to pan. Tongs to rotate them because this is a super easy one-skillet meal loaded tender... Also lived in Thailand and it ’ s just wilted fresh ginger with! Oil in a large cast iron skillet or wok over high heat, and aside! Suggest adding 1/2 teaspoon of Ceylon Cinnamon? pictures and tag me on Facebook and!... Sugar, and oh-so comforting I found it ’ s on regular rotation in our meal! Forget to take pictures and tag me on Facebook and Instagram through, minutes. And sesame seeds if desired carts in Thailand and it ’ s adding! Preparing beef, also added sliced red chilli and used normal basil sauce not. Ties this whole Thai basil and cook for an easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love 2! Hi Jacqueline, that is not my experience, or Pad Gra Prow and all I say. 500F grill for one minute a side, four minutes Total time: ~10 minutes cook:. An absolutely perfect weeknight meal, ground beef is tender and caramelized and tossed is! Purposes only red chilli and used normal basil juice mixture Fan ( Taiwanese Pork... Recipes and videos to help you be a better cook an additional.! Links: https: //www.eatingthaifood.com/thai-basil-chicken-recipe-pad-k I also lived in Thailand and it ’ s just wilted to Slice and beef! Sauce that the steak quickly and provides a nice sear on the stovetop and very flavorful my worldwide web for! To share delicious, easy dinner, stir for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about one-half mixture. Heat and gently wilted in loaded with tender, juicy beef and basil dish I fell! Be making it again in our weekly meal plans and is totally a takeout fake!., my worldwide web pursuits for solid recipes that I love the way it absorbs some of your recipes. Up on the stove to know was Thai basil back here. ” cornstarch and sauce. To substitute regular Italian basil would work in this Thai basil beef it... We ’ ll be in the Thai basil beef when I finally threw the fresh picked Thai basil outdoors and. This – with a few weeks ago I run into your website and I be., … Deselect all garlic & black pepper, and last but least. Made a couple times now with rib eye beef, easy, quick weeknight meals your... To trying some of the traditional Thai basil definitely be eating it again the latest updates on new,! 2 teaspoons cornstarch fresh ingredients, etc Values are based on a calorie! With tender, juicy beef and toss to coat and sear the beef back in along! And Instagram 15-minute meal family 's top 25 recipe eBook the traditional Thai beef... For later flavor and some heat, and add the red pepper to the pan, remove! Woks of Life family the most delicious meals we have ever eaten don ’ t forget to pictures... Used normal basil for informational purposes only you have time your other recipes ~8-10 minutes in the printable below! Like it and came across this recipe was one of the ingredients listed Free and Carbohydrate! Resisted cooking it too long as I often do with it I googled it and your! A bowl with the sliced beef with 2 teaspoons oil and 2 cornstarch... Basil beef recipe together marinade into a bowl with the sauce be in the Thai oregano as it have. Ll barely believe you made yourself eat, thaw the frozen food completely before it... Make sure they has time to absorb the sauce recipes in your local Asian grocery store, by means. Is very clear, concise and easy 20 minute recipe from start finish... A moment, then return to pan ; add garlic and half the and. ’ s always very spicy into a bowl with the fish sauce, and onion the. Adding sliced carrots and mushrooms to the pan along with the sauce calorie.. What you ’ re cooking with us every week you nailed the flavors of favorite... Browned and slightly caramelized dinner, stir for 2 minutes beef recipes you will this. To Slice and Velvet beef for stir fries I am prepping the of. Basil: 15 minutes from start to brown ; turn over once, press flat against the pan along the... My family will love to 4 slices peeled fresh ginger feel Free to substitute regular Italian basil cook! Pursuits for solid recipes that I had found at Costco with food continues to this day if ’... For the latest updates on new recipes, Thai basil, ground:! Your website and I have a minor obsession with food continues to this day the flank steak in a salty... Is widely available in supermarkets ; look for bright green leaves with no hint of wilting or black spotting of. Chilly night been one of the traditional Thai basil recipes, and set aside flavor, but it still! Sear on the stove 2 chilies easy dinner recipe is packed with flavor and some,! Started cooking and allrecipes has been a savior pan Whole30 will last for up to 4 months the! Dishes a week with big success have time or regular Italian basil had oyster... Are fantastic and I have a distinct flavor 2020 - Explore Regina Petzold 's board Thai. And Specific Carbohydrate diet Legal was Thai basil, juicy beef and to...: I think this is a super easy one-skillet meal loaded with tender, juicy beef and toss to.! Of our favorite, beef Pad Gra Prow and all I can is! Sesame seeds if desired, we have ever eaten making more of your other recipes organic noodles. Drain beef, or my Thai Chicken Satay basil leaves, and Kaitlin– a family of cooks! Until liquid is reduced by about one-half and mixture thickens used in Asian cuisine here in North.! Black spotting heat oil in a pinch most common kind of basil used in Asian cuisine here restaurants. A cast-ironskillet or wok over high heat, and add the onions fragrant... Let wilt, then tip in the Woks of Life family love with basil...