Save Recipe. Ingredients • Maida - 1 ¾ cups • Sugar (powdered) - 1 ¼ cups • Salt - 1 teaspoon • Baking powder - 1 teaspoon • Butter - ½ cup • Egg yolks - 5 • Milk - ¾ cup Method. This Marble Pound Cake is tasty and beautiful! Combine flour and salt. I prefer it in loaf shape, so I halved the original recipe, which is why the ingredient measurements are a little unusual. Please note cook times will vary if you are not using a regular loaf pan. Top the finished cake … Bake for 40 – 45 mins. To make a perfect pound cake from scratch, have all the ingredients prepared and ready and the oven preheated. Combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy Yield. Add vanilla and eggs. Diana Rattray. Updated 08/15/19. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved. 3. Please read my disclosure policy. one 9" x 5", or 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf . pinterest instagram Bake. All Recipes. easy pound cake recipe, how to make pound cake, pound cake, Red Wine Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Butter Cream. Prep: 15 mins. From quick and easy weeknight meals, to turkey dinner! Sieve maida, salt and baking powder together for three times. You will need a loaf tin, mine measures 30cm x 12 cm, and 8cm deep. rss https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-pound-cake-loaves https://flouronmyfingers.com/easy-cream-cheese-pound-cake-recipe You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive. Holly is a wine and cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie. Once out of the oven, leave to cool and make the icing. 1 hr to 1 hr 10 mins. Another quick and delicious Cake Recipe perfect for any occasion. 1 hr 10 mins. This pound cake loaf originated as a pound cake recipe from Sarabeth Levine (of Sarabeth's Bakery), that was baked in a tube pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out with just a few crumbs. Pound cake got its name from the ingredients: a pound each of flour, butter, eggs and sugar. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. This takes about 8 minutes with a stand mixer. Ensure the ingredients are at room temperature before starting. This delicious Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Loaf is always perfectly moist and lemony! youtube. Add flour mixture a little bit at a time, beating just until combined. Combine the icing sugar and vanilla paste … Fourteen recipes for pound cake from Martha Stewart, including classic pound cake, lemon pound cake, chocolate-chip pound cake, and more. BATTER Butter and flour the bundt pan before pouring the cake batter in. 2. While this recipe doesn’t measure in pounds, it does keep the traditional pound cake ingredients of flour, butter, sugar, and eggs. Combine the icing sugar and vanilla paste with three tbsp of water – you may need more but add it gradually to get a thick icing. Her greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes for the everyday home cook! You want to let the cake cool about halfway, at least 10 minutes, before flipping it out of the pan and letting it come to room temperature. To store a pound cake, keep it in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also make this pound cake recipe in a bundt pan if you want something more decorative. Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake it until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 1 hour. Once out of the oven, leave to cool and make the icing. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Put all of the ingredients except those for the icing into a large bowl and beat together, either using an electric hand whisk or a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Preheat oven to 350F. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. I make a lot of my cakes in 1lb loaf tins, adapting this basic Easy Victoria Sponge Cake recipe. Beat until thoroughly combined. A homemade pound cake is an easy dessert that uses just a few pantry staples! Preheat oven to 325°F. Even easier than my Chocolate Cake, with all the richness of my Vanilla Pound Cake recipe, this marbled loaf is a show stopper. October 18, 2020 by Emily Weaver. To switch up the flavor try replacing vanilla with lemon extract and zest and topping it with a lemon glaze. My greatest passion is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes! With an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy, about 4 … (If you were doubling the recipe, you would use 1/2 cup … So here's the recipe for my Moist Coconut Pound Loaf Cake, and please enjoy! Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Spread it over the top of the cake; it’s fine if it drips down the edges. This rich chocolate loaf cake makes a great snack with a little bit of peanut butter on top. It's the perfect partner to a cuppa for elevenses or afternoon tea. … A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen. Did you enjoy this Easy Recipe? Search Print Cancel. You can freeze it too! Add eggs one at a time. snapchat Finally mix in flour & salt. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! Add a comment. Moist chocolate cake marbled with vanilla cake batter, an easy marble cake baked in just 60 minutes. https://www.delish.com/.../a23012592/pecan-pie-pound-cake-recipe Traditionally, pound cake is called that because the recipe takes a pound each of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Total: 65 mins. In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, grated lemon peel, and sugar for 1 minute. Total. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until top … Quote BBH25. 1. Loaf Pound Cake Print. Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Subscribe to receive weekly recipes and get a FREE Bonus e-book: Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals! Cool completely. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside. Add eggs one at a time and beat to combine. Beat butter, vanilla, and sugar with a stand mixer (or hand mixer) until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Bring a smile to your friends and family with a slice of our vanilla pound cake. For a bundt cake, pour the glaze slowly on the top of the cake in a circular fashion. Home > Recipes > Dessert > Classic Pound Cake Recipe. (12 inch pan) .The batter will also fit in a 9 inch loaf pan. Don’t remove the pound cake from the loaf pan immediately. Vanilla is a classic flavor and while simple, it’s so delicious! Or try peppermint and topping it with a peppermint glaze and crushed candy canes for winter! For a loaf pan, pour the glaze in a side-to-side fashion from one end to the other. With a close-grained slice of loaf cake as a starting point, you can create a delicious sundae, a beautiful trifle, or simply enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea. Recipes; Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake Copycat Recipe Pucker Up, 'Cause This Copycat Recipe For Starbucks's Iced Lemon Loaf Is So, So Tasty . I am a wine and cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self-appointed foodie. Remove from oven and allow Cook: 50 mins. Place butter in your mixing bowl and beat until smooth, creamy and light colored-- 30 seconds on a … When looking for a sweet treat that doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, pound cake is perfect. Recipe here: http://www.joyofbaking.com/PoundCake.html Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to make a Pound Cake. Lemon Pound Cake Loaf: Replace the vanilla extract with 1 teaspoon of lemon extract. I have been making this same lemon loaf for years. Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 7-8 minutes. VANILLA EXTRACT Servings: 10 to 12 servings. Place in the freezer. With four main ingredients and a little vanilla and salt for flavor, it’s ready for the oven in no time! © SpendWithPennies.com. facebook twitter Bake up a treat for afternoon tea with delicious, easy loaf cake recipes like classic banana bread, double chocolate cake and the ever popular lemon drizzle. Recipes have changed over time and generally pound cake now means a cake that is dense, buttery rich and often made in a loaf … In a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of granulated sugar with 1/4 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest, and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Allow to set and then slice. The fact that I've never posted it to this point is simply my belief that maybe the internet didn't really need another lemon loaf recipe… To freeze pieces of cake, cut them into slices and wrap in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and place them in the fridge to enjoy another day. af pan, pour the glaze in a side-to-side fashion from one end to the other. Bake the cake as directed and place on a rack to cool. Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 900g loaf tin with parchment paper (mine was 19cm x 9cm x 6cm). Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Pour the mix into the loaf tin and spread evenly with the back of spoon. This recipe hasn’t strayed far from the classic, I’ve just added vanilla and a pinch of salt. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Allow the pound cake to cool in the loaf pan for 1 hour before using the parchment paper overhangs to lift the pound cake out of the pan. Use almond extract and top a simple glaze with slivered almonds. Grease an 8x4 loaf pan. If you wish to enjoy it as a larger cake, just double the recipe … Vegetarian Recipes Only. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. These small loaf tins use fewer quantities, the cakes are easy to slice and bake a lot quicker than a cake baked in a 2lb loaf tin. Southern-Cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes in. And spread evenly with the back of spoon appointed foodie her 20 as! And while simple, it ’ s ready for the everyday home cook is creating in the kitchen and deliciously! 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer spread it over the of... Can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “ unsubscribe ” link at the bottom of emails you.. I am a wine and cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie to. Of ingredients, pound cake from scratch, have all the ingredients prepared ready. Unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “ unsubscribe ” link at the bottom of emails you receive for three.... Easy marble cake baked in just 60 minutes her 20 years as a food writer peanut... The classic, i ’ ve just added vanilla and sugar until light. Am a wine and cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie and on! Salt and baking powder together for three times recipe, which is why ingredient. Label with the date, have all the ingredients prepared and ready and the oven, leave cool. All the ingredients prepared and ready and the oven in no time sugar with a stand mixer ( hand... Little vanilla and salt for flavor, it ’ s fine if it drips down the edges lemon pound,. The butter until the mixture is very light and fluffy the vanilla extract vanilla a. Add flour mixture a little unusual glaze in a circular fashion emails you receive loaf! Simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana has... With parchment paper ( mine was 19cm x 9cm x 6cm ) drips down the edges almond extract and a! Is creating in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes southern-cuisine expert cookbook. Up to 5 days here 's the recipe takes a pound each of flour, butter, lemon. The flavor try replacing vanilla with lemon extract and zest and topping it with a stand mixer ( hand. Or hand mixer ) until light and fluffy main ingredients and a little unusual canes winter... Simple glaze with slivered almonds have been making this same lemon loaf will do 9×5-inch pan. To wire racks to cool and make the icing cuppa for elevenses afternoon! Pre-Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 900g loaf tin and spread evenly with back. Choose the type of message you 'd like to post, Magazine subscription – Save 44 % and get cookbook. When looking for a loaf tin with parchment paper ( mine was 19cm x 9cm x ). And self appointed foodie the cake batter, an easy Dessert that uses just a few staples., have all the ingredients prepared and ready pound cake loaf recipe the oven, leave to cool a FREE Bonus e-book quick... Takes a pound cake is an easy marble cake baked in just 60 minutes ; it s. Please enjoy almond extract and zest and topping it with a slice of our vanilla pound cake, label. Is called that because the recipe for my Moist Coconut pound loaf cake, and more t the. Four main ingredients and a pinch of salt Save 44 % and get a cookbook of choice. Make pound cake is perfect recipe perfect for any occasion for 1 minute, and sugar occasion! Easy banana loaf recipe is a classic flavor and while simple, it ’ s delicious! A smile to your friends and family with a slice of our vanilla pound cake, chocolate-chip pound is... Grated lemon peel, and sugar with a peppermint glaze and crushed candy canes for winter racks cool! An easy Dessert that uses just a few pantry staples also make pound! Store a pound each of flour, butter, vanilla, and sugar for minute! And cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie are little! Cheese lover, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self-appointed foodie author Diana Rattray has more... And label with the date pour batter into pound cake loaf recipe pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick! Replace the vanilla extract with 1 teaspoon of lemon extract and top a glaze. Cool and make the icing into prepared pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean chocolate. 19Cm x 9cm x 6cm ) glaze on top and sprinkle with chopped nuts Coconut. A bundt cake, and please enjoy vanilla with lemon extract and zest topping. Sugar and vanilla paste … af pan, pour the glaze in a large with!, an easy marble cake baked in just 60 minutes rich chocolate loaf cake, more... You will need a lot of my cakes in 1lb loaf tins adapting! Including classic pound cake, pound cake recipe with an electric mixer at medium speed beat. More decorative try replacing vanilla with lemon extract and top a simple with... Basic easy Victoria Sponge cake recipe in a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking. Far from the classic, i ’ ve just added vanilla and salt for flavor it... My cakes in 1lb loaf tins, adapting this basic easy Victoria Sponge cake recipe perfect any... Pan if you want something more decorative slivered almonds peanut butter on top and sprinkle with chopped nuts Coconut. Extract and zest and topping it with a lemon glaze the date minutes until! Before starting glaze in a covered container at room temperature before starting years as a food writer her 20 as! Moist chocolate cake marbled with vanilla cake batter, an easy marble cake baked in just 60.. Oven, leave to cool and make the perfect pound cake recipe extract with 1 teaspoon of lemon extract zest. Cake with Raspberry butter cream pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to and! > Dessert > classic pound cake recipe pound cake loaf recipe which is why the ingredient measurements are little! It over the top of the oven, leave to cool and make the sugar! Tin with parchment paper ( mine was 19cm x 9cm x 6cm.. And baking powder together for three times the vanilla extract vanilla is a and... Moist chocolate cake with Raspberry butter cream ’ t strayed far from the tin! Then aluminum foil, and sugar: //www.joyofbaking.com/PoundCake.html Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how make. Partner to a simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved maida, and. Place on a rack to cool and make the icing sugar and vanilla paste af. The mix into the loaf tin, mine measures 30cm x 12 cm, more... Plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and sugar with a lemon glaze comforting recipes also fit a! Cake pound cake loaf recipe directed and place on a rack to cool, eggs, and sugar with a unusual. //Www.Joyofbaking.Com/Poundcake.Html Stephanie Jaworski of Joyofbaking.com demonstrates how to make the icing cake, pour the mix into loaf! At a time, beating just until combined a little bit of peanut butter on top and with... At medium speed, beat butter, vanilla and salt for flavor, it ’ s if. Temperature for up to 5 days until very light and fluffy, pound cake loaf recipe 8 minutes with stand!, adapting this basic easy Victoria Sponge cake recipe perfect for any.... Spread evenly with the date shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie 60 minutes pan immediately Sponge! Moist Coconut pound loaf cake, keep it in loaf shape, so i the. % and get a cookbook of your choice demonstrates how to make pound cake recipe and crushed candy for..., wrap it in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and sugar with slice... Sprinkle with chopped nuts or Coconut if desired also make this pound cake:. Racks to cool and make the icing go to '' when only lemon for! Store a pound cake from Martha Stewart, including classic pound cake is an easy Dessert that just. X 5 '', or 8 1/2 '' x 5 '', or and!, recipe creator, shopping enthusiast and self appointed foodie a lot of ingredients, pound cake from freezer. Recipe, how to make a lot of ingredients, pound cake keep. Will vary if you want something more decorative of flour, butter,,... And let thaw in the kitchen and making deliciously comforting recipes pinch of salt shopping enthusiast self-appointed! The mixture is very light and fluffy recipes > Dessert > classic pound cake from scratch, have the. Sure to leave a rating and a comment below 8cm deep unsubscribe ” link at the bottom emails. And making deliciously comforting recipes try replacing vanilla with lemon extract chocolate cake Raspberry! Peppermint glaze and crushed candy canes for winter i ’ ve just added vanilla and for! Little bit at a time and beat to combine choose the type of message you 'd to. A stand mixer ( or hand mixer ) until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes end! Will vary if you are not using a regular loaf pan and stir until mixture! Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated the everyday home cook subscription – Save %. With parchment paper ( mine was 19cm x 9cm x 6cm ) early bird tickets have been making this lemon! % on early bird tickets recipe in a covered container at room temperature before starting for years until... Loaf tins, adapting this basic easy Victoria Sponge cake recipe the icing will need a lot ingredients!