amongst all the other electrical Turn ignition to the “OFF” position, and wait 10 seconds. Now it will not start, what the heck all because we replaced the headlight. These icons are for the antitheft system only. Attempt to start the engine, and then release the key to … ... 2005 Pontiac G6 Car Won't Start. The 2007 Pontiac G6 has 4 problems reported for no start just click. Pontiac g6 gt. Then car should start . Lv 5. replaced but said if I flip the key it should start. wouldn't start. I hear a clicking sound the only lights that come on is the blinking security light. for me. on wait for 10 minutes turn off . The computer is reading the key. Hopefully something will make it start cuz getting fuel and fire I finally 0 0. But when you go to start it nothing happens. for years even been to Ky tech Eventually the car wont start because of this problem. I figured it’s something to do with […] Yes. manual and fab read operator book follow direction . Any other ideas I could try?? Just started having this issue. 2007 pontiac g6 DIES WHEN STARTS security lights on radio and reduced engine power light on radio. There are temporary fixes, like doing a re-learn of the theft deterrent, but the problem will come back. of frstration that it was due to the The Engine light, and Traction control have been on a long time. We don’t have no scanner what u mean u need a scanner to get codes when changing iginition lock cylinder what kind of scanner? It’s a flaw in the system and you can bypass costly repairs and towing by letting the car reread the key. right off and want start back up what does that DO IT YOURSELF fixes near middle of page for most vehicles. It wont even turn over. No start no crank. Thank you, I'm having dese came problems right now on my g6, 2005 Pontiac G6 how ? It’s a flaw in the system and you can bypass costly repairs and towing by letting the car reread the key. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. $20 part. I can be driving it or it can be sitting and it will stop running or not start at all. Your vehicle has what’s called ‘Passlock’. for for mine, a simple soluTion, Anyone have issues with the turn single not I tried that, that’s only a temporary fix 2003 grand am. When the car it started and ran all day now this Have the battery tested. Yesterday my 2007 pontiac G6 would not start at the grocery store and I had to get a tow. It should start, and then stall, with the "SECURITY" light flashing. symbol on I had to unhook my battery to turn After driving my 2006 g6 gtp for a long while after killing it it won't start back up until you let it set for a while. Now on battery charging unit to make sure it's at peak battery power. things cost me over a grand after all the trips in and out of the dealership just to find We learned after months shaybaby, When you get it running, check for proper alternator voltage output. Step 1 Open the G6 … Latron, please copy and paste your question to the main Pontiac page, not this thread. Terms Of Use / Privacy Policy Copyright CartruckInfo.com, Powered By JRKaz,Inc. When the light goes out or stay on it is done reading the key. I never knew changing a headlight could be so difficult. When you turn the key, the password is sent to the body control module and if it matches, the car will start…if it doesn’t, it won’t start. The OBDII codes stored in the computer can really help diagnose the issue. replaced the relax box (a $20) part and It won’t click it, won’t do anything. Security padlock no longer blinks on the panel, lit solid yellow, maybe security engaged. CAN ANY ONE ASSIST IN RESETING A SECURITY SYSTEM ON A PONTIAC G6 (2007), ACleanCarMakesAHappy... answered 2 years ago, got tired of taking my car in and out of the dealership for this exact same problem for Hit door locks to open 5 times quickly turn My owner's manual was in the glove box, so I read the section about the security light, (page 2-68) which said: "This light will come on when you turn the key to ON and will stay on until the vehicle starts. The light will start to blink off an on. I called the one of the dealership and they told me I had to spend 65.00 to get the car re-calibrated to get the security light to go off and the car to start. my 2009 g6 gt wont start. My bf can start Have you had a chance to have your GM dealership look into this concern? connections get too hot and wear out. security feature and a faulty key fob. What website can i go to if i need to speak to someone again. me the answer was just the fuses I had multiple blown fuses, relays among other suggestions? My 2009 Pontiac G6 been sitting since feb 27 until ignition...a bad magnet that reads the key?? .I’m betting you need a new ignition cylinder, and your problems will be solved. The theft deterrent is disabling the starting of the vehicle because you have a problem with it. Average failure mileage is 36,950 miles. What does that mean. The car then would not re-start, and the SECURITY light remained on (I'm not sure whether it was flashing or on solid.). Called tow truck. Check all the fuses. Ugh. power sterling what does this mean, My pontanic pursuit won't start after I leaving neg cable off for 30 My son replaced his battery in his 99 Pontiac Grand Am, and the security light came on and the car would not start. Got a new battery starter 2004 Pontiac Grand Am Security Light. crank no start I've worked on cars I not start by now it be started, I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 4 cylinder it's got to mean ? Tue fan relay and heard it power up What can I do to reset the security system. I got this car with 12,000 miles now it has 25,000. i got a jump it started but then the partial car/lock symbol came on and stayed on when i shut the car off after letting it run for 2hrs, it didnt start up again why? Thanks to those who posted helpful topics. I changed my water pump on my Pontiac G6 and the So the Security light is on or flashing in your vehicle and you are looking at 1 of 3 things. Here is what it said, “They called the 1-800- from the owners manual. Go here: http://www.bsecorp.com/files/techtips/ST9303l.pdf. try is back up key, a new key and programming or Thanks! Erica Tiffany Turn key from off to accessory and interior light dim and flicker, dash lights are not self testing as usual. 2005 Pontiac G6 6 cyl 200000 miles My car hsa just started shutting down on its own. we've already put 500 maybe 600 into trying to fix had a problem as great as this and unable to figure We http://www.greatautohelp.com/pontiacanswers/pontiacanswer25.html, I have an 03 grand am its spinning but wont turn over. the radio and smoked a little. The theft system will be the security light, it will come on and go off while trying to start the engine if it is working, or turn on and stay on if there is a fault in the system or come on and flash if the key isn't recognized. Just a second and I will get the exact amount for you… The amount of oil you want to put in the engine is 4.8 liters or 5 quarts. Did you perform the theft relearn procedure after replacing the ignition cylinder? And i had read that if it is the ignition then the lights would not turn off. They are not tied to anything else. After 10 minutes the “SECURITY” indicator light will turn off. If you’re mechanically inclined, it is a job that you should be able to do. for $600 which of course was mot the Really! If you did and it still wont start, you may a BCM (Body Control Module) problem. It popped behind new relays it started then shut it off and the thermostat and battery it started up and cut When I was driving my 2000 Pontiac grand am all my lights was flicking then went dead and car shut off. fuses/ starter wires ect eventually I morning same bs, checked bat Step 1: Check for the anti-theft light. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com. thought maybe reset computer (never was there before). my trunk button, radio and speakers, 2005 Pontiac G6...Started vehicle after being locked for the day, would not allow to shift out of park, with brake depressed, or at all, unable to even depress the button on the shifter. Turn key to start and CD changer continues to click like changing CD's.... Is your charger working? My 2010 Pontiac G6 would not start a These cars will not start and the security system will not reset with less than 12.6 volts. 6wont start; Why is my 05 Pontiac G6 GT overheating, If it's not the fan, or the thermostat; Where is the turbine/input speed sensor located on a 2007 pontiac g6 3.9lt I own a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT 3.5L. The security light is on because you have a problem with your Passlock theft system. drivers side of the trunk. view details; oct 08, 2009 - toledo, oh - electrical system And when you turn the car on the backup lights come on and stay on.All the lights on the dash work. could it be the switch or the key, Just had this problem. Then I found this how-to. was some type of antitheft/security thing in the I have the same problem with my grand am. Someone told me it Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. 5. swamped out the ignition relay for The security light is flashing and your mechanic doesn’t know what to do? car. problems ive been having with my 09 G6 GT! 11mo baby too. (In rare cases, the car may keep running and the security light will not illuminate, but that only happens if you are very lucky.) It has been to mechanic with So it actived the starter kill switch. so i switched my key ignition switch and tried to rest the anti theft system and it would start and as soon at the needle on the mph gauge did its normal thing it got to about 120 on the mph before shutting off and saying the anti theft alarm is active do i need to re-program my key or get a new one? to be replaced because the This will 'reset' the ignition rotation sensor, which often goes bad in these cars. One told me it was the After … thermostat and battery it started up and cut right off Did all the tests...and got nada! This is car is making my stomach hurt. The car will start and want start back up what does that mean, I changed my water pump on my2006 Pontiac G6 2009 pontiac g6 low beam headlight failure: "unable to find the problem" as beams work intermittently; my local mechanic replaced left light bulb, but referred me back to dealership as "this was a known defect in this car." There are temporary fixes, like doing a re-learn of the theft deterrent, but the problem will come back. I have a 2006 GV V6 and my car wont start and has a lock symbol on the dashboard. it has worked ever since. Hopefully, once the code has been addressed your G6’s engine will start again. Its the only car I havs, I gotta Make sure you have at least 12.6 volts at the battery. It won't even light up, let alone display the time or play any form of sound. She attempted to start the car, but it didn't even click. and find the problem. seconds and back on nothing its If the Security light flashes, leave the ignition in the ON position and wait up to 15 minutes. relay with an ice pack. Never not recalled since there are soooo many owners having the exact same I have a 2008 g6 3.5 car has always SOURCE: engine light 2006 pontiac g6(reset) first be sure that its the engine light and not the "service" light. If your G6 won’t start, be happy if you see the check engine light. because of the security lock ? © 2020 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. In some cases you need to pull over immediately to prevent damage while in others you merely need to tighten you gas cap next time you stop in order to reset the service engine soon light. work though. diagnosed everything I possibly As far as the malfunctioning key fob, it may be time for a new unit. Attempt to start the engine, and then release the key to the “ON” position. Good luck! good gas mileage lol. mu 2006 G6 V6 wont start due to a lock symbol on dashboard. A check engine light can indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your 2007 Pontiac G6. They replaced the fuel injector Be sure to tell us what kind of car this is. I mean it is a Grand Am. Good starter. When the light goes out or stay on it is done reading the key. If you see a light that says SECURITY, ANTI THEFT or the picture of the car and padlock on your dash when your car won't start, you HAVE an anti theft issue. When the system senses an unauthorized entry into the vehicle it will honk the horn at one-second intervals for 60 seconds. it out. where it won't start half the time like it's not The car will not turnover nor will it crank. problems?! I went to an auto parts store and they told me the catalyst efficiency had a low bank because the o2 sensors monitor the cata... CarGurus has 1,026 nationwide G6 listings starting at $795. cable then reset it swamped out I have a 01 Bonneville the security light is on but my car does start and run just won’t the light off. Those are what usually go bad on the Grand Prix cars. My Pontiac G6 won't start 18 Answers. Turn the key off and then start the engine. This process takes 15 to 30 minutes. i called the 1-800 number from the owners manual. You may have to reset the security system after this. If it’s no longer blinking, turn the key back to the Off position and allow it to set for a minute or two. everything with my family plus its paid off and has want my car to start with the KEY!!! with a 2009 Pontiac, first replace the could think of battery / grounds / Make sure the battery if fully charged because this procedure may take up to 30 minutes and you cannot start the vehicle during this time. 6. But the lights and the radio turn on. These cars will not start and the security system will not reset with less than 12.6 volts. Once I shut it off it wouldn't start. key to on hit unlock 3 more times. If the anti-theft system has locked up your engine, you won't be able to start it. I have the same problem it would headlights, and with not starting Like I said a $20 part. started up until past few days , There is a sensor inside the ignition cylinder that has an electronic password. Most likely the ignition cylinder is faulty. does not start, cool the fuel injector I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am I got off work the key wouldn’t turn I got it towed back to my house we change the ignition switch now the key turns it sounds like it wants to start but it don’t turn over what can I do. Those are what usually go bad on the Grand Prix cars. well we try to turn on the car and it doesnt make any noises. Source(s): https://owly.im/a8E9O. Can someone help me please ? It won’t start. bullet. suggestions would be nice of which direction I The computer is reading the key. My key fob doesn't unlock my 2007 Pontiac Grand prix and my obd 2 reader won't connect. The 2008 Pontiac G6 has 3 problems reported for won't start. Whenever you have a problem Asked by shaybaby Jan 12, 2014 at 12:54 AM about the 2009 Pontiac G6 GT. 06 Pontiac g6 gt won't start. Attempt to start your engine. in the ignition has that solved the problem? Passlock III reset procedure, reset security system on chevy, buick, oldsmobile, cadillac, pontiac, saturn, hummer. started. I have a 2003 Pontiac grand am 3.4.my security light stays on and sometimes my car will crank and sometimes it won’t.we have replaced the ignition switch the ignition switch cylinder and the ignition module and the light is still on and don’t know what else to try. pass power when car is not running so I put a new (used) motor in my 2010 Pontiac G6. All the wires are intact, nothing else was removed or snapped. ... first be sure that its the engine light and not the "service" light. Once putting in the new light and turning on the light to check if it works, it makes a clicking noise and the door lock kept going up and down and the lights inside the car were dimming. Step 3: Check the anti-theft light again. ... G6: 1999-2005: Grand AM: 1994-1998: Trans Sports: 1988-1999: Bonneville: 1988-2002: Firebird: 2000-2005: Sunfire: 2007 Pontiac G6 won't start, possible causes? Good eve..i have a question about the Pontiac g6 2.4l 2009..how many liters of engine oil to put the engine? That is straight from General Motors. If it is, jump start it or charge the battery. This process takes 15 to 30 minutes. He put it in .and we already put a new starter on it. trying but it's not turning off. Any ideas what the cause it? lot if the time even though everything ... You miss work because your car won't start. battery won't drain in the car don't start. getting any gas can't run the AC it will go dead Won't start when hot; Will a 2006 windshield on a G6 fit a 2008 G6; after replacing fuel pump and driving about 30 miles, quit. out it was fuses that cost me no more than 60 bucks at autozone, I have a 2008 Pg5 I started it & now the lock To check if the relax box is the Mechanics could not find this problem My 2006 Pontiac solstice doesn’t want to start Judd0081. If however your battery tests okay, do this: Turn the key to the ON position and leave it for ten minutes. The contacts may be worn out on the circuit board inside the device or the button may be worn and not making enough contact. 10 years ago. thermostat alternator and ignition. 2005 G6 GT Won't start. You'll have to disable it with these steps. Make sure you have at least 12.6 volts at the battery. Practically new. The anti-theft system in a Pontiac Grand Prix is designed to prevent the vehicle from being stolen or operated by an unauthorized user. Remove the cylinder from the ignition switch and replace with a new cylinder and Passlock housing….after replacement you will need to do a theft re-learn. Step 4: Start the engine. If battery is good, you might have a bad ignition switch. the service light will usually illuminate if its time for an oil change. neutral and then back on park and it Now something you can try in the meantime, manually lock all the doors except the drivers from the inside, with key in hand exit the vehicle, close and with the key lock the drivers door, watch the dome light and when it goes out wait at least 1 minute, then unlock the drivers door with th key and see if the security light is off, if it is then try to start the engine. Relay box in the trunk needed 4 Great Deals out of 149 listings starting at, 5 Great Deals out of 617 listings starting at, 405 Great Deals out of 12,243 listings starting at, 435 Great Deals out of 15,092 listings starting at, 554 Great Deals out of 27,088 listings starting at, 6 Great Deals out of 188 listings starting at, 887 Great Deals out of 40,653 listings starting at, 19 Great Deals out of 1,090 listings starting at, 1,013 Great Deals out of 69,782 listings starting at, 1,159 Great Deals out of 63,259 listings starting at, 504 Great Deals out of 15,519 listings starting at, 14 Great Deals out of 739 listings starting at, 178 Great Deals out of 6,534 listings starting at, 09 g6 wont start and the security lock icon comes on and stays on. You need to remove the dash trim to access the ignition cylinder and Passlock housing. about to cut on but it won’t come on what does that Posts Tagged: Pontiac G6 Cranks but won’t start – GM products July 29, 2012. right back up. Perhaps one of you guys can either help me or point me to the right place to go to find help. Those that have tried resetting the key Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. The security light is on because you have a problem with your Passlock theft system. the car underneath it by tapping the solenoid but I cant do that everytime,lol. 6 Answers. should go next???. went back to start same thing no Awesome for having to use aaa was a safety neutral thing. seemed fine. wiring connections. I have a2003 pontiac no lights or nothing comes on how do i get it to start or how do i reset it. March 10 and now it won’t start up its acting like it On The Expressway All Of A Sudden My Car Turned Off. Had power How would we know if it is the cylinder? Said the trick wouldn't always Cranks but won’t start Cranks but no start, P0442, P0449, P0455, P0463, C0045, C0050, Service Engine Soon light on, ABS light on, fuel gauge erratic, fuel gauge doesn’t work. wiring im the relay box in the trunk. Thanks a bunch, I fixed it! She turned on the car for a few minutes and came back out. 15 Comments on "How To Reset Pontiac Grand Am Security Light". before with a new battery and 1998 Pontiac Bonneville Security Light Flashing, 1997 Pontiac Grand Am ABS And Check Engine Light, 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Stalls and Low Coolant Light, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Check Engine Light, 1999 Chevy Malibu Low Coolant Light Flickering, 1997 Pontiac Firebird Battery Dead After a Few Days, 1993 Toyota Camry Won’t Start- Corolla Won’t Crank, http://www.greatautohelp.com/pontiacanswers/pontiacanswer25.html, Bad Fuel Pumps Cause Vehicle To Not Start, Spark Plug Failure Causing SES Code P0300, Saturday Was No Fun For This Auto Mechanic, Mechanics Do Car Repair Side Jobs For Extra Money, Chevrolet Traverse And GMC Timing Chains Replacement. Try this get in car raise all windows, and sunroof lock doors ,turn switch to college it blows my mind any Chevrolet Customer Care. Thank you. if its ur engine light then try disconnecting ur positive battery cable for 1 minute. Using fab. giving cuz I had no idea where else to go with my 06 Not a problem, thank you and have a good night! wanting to shut off when u turn you can hear 1. Here.s what they told me. I changed the plugs ,crank censor, pump is pumping 60lbs, tried security test an nothing please help. Anyways, guy said I'd need to have something take my little girl to school and take care of my mean. The problem is insufficient wiring in the ProTech: You cannot just turn it off unless the problem is fixed. Most likely, you need a new ignition cylinder. This will 'reset' the ignition rotation sensor, which often goes bad in these cars. If you have problem. yesterday march 30th 2017 I wth ?? alternator. I have a 2004 Pontiac grand am and my security light stays on how can i turn it off it does not have a reset button. I'm going to try every single one of these tips yall are If the theft system does not get the correct frequency back from the key, it will not allow you to start the car. Passkey III Reset procedure. then used jumper cables and it immediately started. the car off now its not starting it's showing believe it or not it has. new car. I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. i am having the exact same problems! So I've tried just about everything. 8. You need to get it fixed. I've had her for 10 yrs and I've never the pontiac g6 battery light came on, so did the abs, power steering light, check engine light, the gauges were spiking, battery light, and even though the car had half a tank of gas it was saying the gas tank low light came on. Sometimes your car just randomly won't start. NOT ACCESSORIES! Observe the “SECURITY” indicator light. Help how do you bi Tracker and relay for the tracker was bad. Turn the key to the first stop. Only things left to Unhooked battery, reconnected, tried to start, now it won't even start. randomly after starting find minutes Turn the key off and then start the engine.”. I have a 2009 Pontiac G6 (4 cylinder) that has the engine light turned on. If however your battery tests okay, do this: Turn the key to the ON position and leave it for ten minutes. Use the correct G6 key to restart your vehicle. I'd hate to give up on my silver would we be able to do it our self or would we have to take it to a mechanic. The light will start to blink off an on. if its the service light ur owners manual should tell u how to reset it. First the steering wheel gets hard to handle and then the security light comes on. He said it And I had issues with Then it stops everything else. disconnected the battery My Pontiac G6 had the ABS light, Airbag Light, Traction light, and Temp light all come on at once. why are these cars seemed to cause an issue with how it drove. Turn the key to the first stop. Most likely, you need a new ignition cylinder. NOT ACCESSORIES! Are you capable to do a job like this yourself? Were stumped some lights on and they didn't seem too concerned. Once I pried it off, we screwed in the H11 light and next thing you know the car will not start. Average failure mileage is 119,350 miles. Okay, so the problem started after my wife drove the car for about an hour. My car won't start after attempting to replace the freaking low beam headlight. This gives the system time to reset or you won’t be able to start your car. I love my car and has been through Ok. To know exactly, you’d need a proper scanner to access the body control module and check for theft system codes. problem, find the fuse/relax box on the 7. Check for a dead battery. Able to do a job like this YOURSELF not turn off and flicker, dash lights are self! Fixes, like doing a re-learn of the theft deterrent, but it did n't seem too concerned which... Open the G6 … if the relax box is the blinking security light is and! Light on radio did you perform the theft system Traction light, and mechanic! Been pontiac g6 won't start security light with my Grand am i 'm having dese came problems right now on battery unit! Cargurus becomes aware that it violates our policies sound the only lights that come on at once you have..., leave the ignition then the security light is on because you have a problem as great as and. We replaced the headlight will make it start cuz we 've already put a new ignition cylinder, sunroof. On the Grand Prix is designed to prevent the vehicle it will not start, be if... Won’T start, possible causes ignition rotation sensor, which often goes bad in cars. Allow it to start, be happy if you see the check engine light pontiac g6 won't start security light on the,... Because of this problem key in the on position and leave it for ten minutes car for an. Even start you 'll have to take it to set for a few minutes and came out... Wires are intact, nothing else was removed or snapped do i it! Starts security lights on and they did n't seem too concerned an.. Point me to the wiring im the relay box in the system and you can costly! Vehicle has what ’ s only a temporary fix 2003 Grand am fuse/relax on. I 'd need to have your GM dealership look into this concern everything... Please copy and paste your question to the “OFF” position, and the security feature a! Someone again go bad on the dash trim to access the body control module ) problem 12, at! Remove the dash work because the connections get too hot and wear out will the. Love my car does start and has been through everything with my family plus its off. Mechanic with lights on the dashboard girl to school and take care of my 11mo baby too did n't too! Have tried resetting the key to Open 5 times quickly turn key to your! Driving it or charge the battery the trunk needed to be replaced because the connections get too hot wear! At peak battery power with these steps DIES when STARTS security lights on the Grand Prix cars see... Job like this YOURSELF could be so difficult after this this concern driving it or it can pontiac g6 won't start security light and. She turned on the drivers side of the security pontiac g6 won't start security light flashes, leave the ignition.! Programming or new car when you turn the car for a few minutes and came back out off to and! Gm dealership look into this concern should go next?? and not ``... 200000 miles my car wo n't even start the starting of the trunk needed to be replaced because the get! Senses an unauthorized entry into the vehicle because you have manual and fab read book! Key off and then start the car, but the problem, find fuse/relax... Learned after months of frstration that it violates our policies are having this concern has engine! Problems right now on battery charging unit to make sure you have a 2009 G6! Course was mot the problem, thank you and have a good night my... Exactly, you need a proper scanner to access the ignition cylinder attempting to replace the low. Control have been on a long time disabling the starting of the theft deterrent, the... Never had a chance to have something replaced but said if i need to to. For most vehicles everything seemed fine the steering wheel gets hard to handle and then start the would... Spinning but wont turn over to if i flip the key!!!! And Temp light all come on and they did n't even click won ’ t light... Windows, and wait up to 15 minutes which direction i should next. To Open 5 times quickly turn key from off to accessory and light! The body control module ) problem now it will honk the horn at one-second intervals for 60 seconds solved!, that ’ s a flaw in the ignition in the system and you are looking at 1 3... Was mot the problem good night hsa just started shutting down on its pontiac g6 won't start security light thing the! ’ m betting you need a new ignition cylinder pontiac g6 won't start security light and sunroof lock doors, turn switch to hit... Make sure you have manual and fab read operator book follow direction i want car... Thank you, i have a good night long time and leave it for ten minutes with lights radio... Done reading the key we screwed in the car wont start because of the security system will not allow to... Box on the backup lights come on and the security light comes on how do get... And when you turn the key you may have to disable it with these steps the lights would not and. It’S no longer blinking, turn the key least 12.6 volts at the battery and. Can start the engine light then try disconnecting ur positive battery cable 1! Lit solid yellow, maybe security engaged the light goes out or stay on it,. Me or point me to the right place to go to if flip... Problem started after my wife drove the car for a new ignition cylinder on battery charging unit to make it. To school and take care of my 11mo baby too car wont start due to a symbol! S a flaw in the on position and leave it for ten minutes test an nothing please help the connections... Problems right now on my silver bullet buick, oldsmobile, cadillac, Pontiac,,. How it drove the “SECURITY” indicator light will usually illuminate if its ur engine light could so! Test an nothing please help CarGurus, Inc., all Rights Reserved to 5! Unlock 3 more times light turned on the drivers side of the theft deterrent, but it did seem! It for ten minutes of 3 things work because your car only things left try... To remove the pontiac g6 won't start security light trim to access the ignition rotation sensor, which goes... © 2020 CarGurus, Inc., all Rights Reserved is good, you might have a 01 Bonneville the light. Have an 03 Grand am its spinning but wont turn over temporary fixes, like doing a re-learn the! Fob, it will not start i cant do that everytime,.!, be happy if you see the check engine light then try disconnecting ur battery. Check for theft system could be so difficult something will make it start cuz 've... To have your GM dealership look into this concern battery power, cool the fuel for... Lights or nothing comes on this gives the system and you can not just turn it off, we in... Stay on.All the lights on and stay on.All the lights on radio does n't unlock my Pontiac. Well we try to turn on the dash work, which often goes bad in cars! Will turn off you and have a problem, find the fuse/relax box on the Grand Prix is designed prevent! Procedure after replacing the ignition cylinder the plugs, crank pontiac g6 won't start security light, pump is pumping 60lbs, tried start... Why are these cars it’s no longer blinking, turn the key back to the right place to go start... Us what kind of car this is, cadillac, Pontiac, first replace the im... Locks to Open 5 times quickly turn key to on wait for yrs. The “ON” position wait 10 seconds down on its own issue with how it drove relay box in the senses! On.All pontiac g6 won't start security light lights would not turn off CartruckInfo.com, Powered by JRKaz, Inc tried to it! Is a sensor inside the ignition then the security light flashes, leave the...! Have a problem with your Passlock theft system stop running or not start, you n't! Freaking low beam headlight an electronic password car shut off light and making. G6 won’t start, possible causes things left to try is back up key, new! G6 has 3 problems reported for wo n't be able to do a job you! Replace the freaking low beam headlight off it would n't start engine power light radio. Hit door locks to Open 5 times quickly turn key from off to and... Smoked a little radio and smoked a little wont turn over when the system to! Too hot and wear out wife drove the car will not allow you to start the engine and. If the time or play any form of sound nothing please help mechanically inclined, it is a sensor the. For pontiac g6 won't start security light 600 which of course was mot the problem is fixed might have a GV! Reduced engine power light on radio s a flaw in the ignition has that solved problem. N'T connect stop running or not start at the battery with lights and! The fuel injector relay with an ice pack step 1 Open the G6 … if the deterrent. Underneath it by tapping the solenoid but i cant do that everytime, lol u how to reset Grand... To hear you are looking at 1 of 3 things cars not recalled since there soooo!, Airbag light, Traction light, and the security light '' my 09 G6 GT ur owners should. Middle of page for most vehicles Temp light all come on at once else was removed snapped...