I find if a cake has a crack, insert the skewer there, that's where it will be the least cooked. This is such a simple and amazing classic Italian pear almond cake that is just made for enjoying with a good cappuccino. Italian Pear Almond Cake. I mix it up a little by either using simply milk or simply cream or half and half and this does make a difference to the end result - not better, not worse, just slightly different. Ready when a cake tester comes out clean. 5. Spiced Pear & Rose Upside Down Cake. When the cake has baked for 20min, carefully take it out of oven. I'm very pleased with this recipe and have adapted it for various other fruits like apples, blueberries and blackberries too! Sprinkle flaked almonds over-top. Very easy to make and delicious. This cake is massive. This is a family recipe - I make it every fall when friends and family with gardens (and pear trees) bring me pears. Stir in diced pear and then divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake a cake that has it all: moist, fragrant sponge, silky Italian meringue, tahini buttercream and sharp pear-laced salted caramel. To taste and to use ingredients at home, I used golden caster sugar (plus Demerara for the top), added a teaspoon of vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of fresh grated nutmeg. Used single elmlea instead of milk, again just because it was in the fridge. Peel and take out the core of the pears, cut in pieces, and spread out on the bottom. I added almond extract & split the mixture between two 9" tins, which reduced cooking time. But check after 30 minutes to be sure. Pear Cake is a community recipe submitted by Mariavil and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. I made 12 loaf cakes using this recipe in September when the pears were all falling off the trees ripe. Allow to cool before slicing as it is very delicate when warm. For the cake batter: In the same saucepan, add the butter, dark brown sugar and maple syrup then heat gently until melted. I did mine in a loaf tin so lowered the temp to around 150 degrees and kept it in for 45-50minutes. Followed recipe and mindful of the comments on cooking time, used a 28cm tin vs 23 cm. Made this cake today as I had some pears that were too ripe for my fussy children and it was delicious! 450g thin-skinned pears (approx 3), such as williams (not too ripe), cored and cut into chunks, skin on Your new family light dessert favorite, Pear Cake. Chocolate Pear Cake We used to have a pear tree and then we didn’t. Fantastic recipe. If you are worried about the comments above just keep it in a little longer. I Was about to make this cake but realised the sugar is given as a fluid volume, what is the conversion into weights please? Cover with the rest of the batter, and add a new layer of pear pieces if you like. Smear half of the batter in a buttered spring form ("medium" sized, 23 cm or so). Exactly what I was looking for to use 5 lovely pears from a colleague's garden. Thank you. Cook Time. The batter makes a lovely, light and tender cake with the top crunchy from the demerara sugar. This Spiced Pear Cake is an easy c ake recipe that’s perfect for fall entertaining because it’s delicate and moist with the most delicious balance of fall spices! What amazing rustic cake and tasted just perfect. Just push them a little down into the batter. Let stand for 5 or 10 … Arrange the pear halves in a circle on the top, cut side down and with the thin end towards the centre of the cake. When the butter and sugar have melted, pour it into the bottom of the prepared cake tin, then arrange the slices of pear in a circle on top. Also coated the pears in a splash of the last of a jar of stem ginger syrup and one last piece of the ginger, finely grated. 1 hr 20 mins . Huge thanks to the individual for submitting this recipe - it is terrific! Spread the brown batter over the pears, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Easy Italian Pear Cake, a simple moist dessert or Afternoon Tea Cake. 9 to 12 pear halves from 2 medium cans of pear halves, drained If canned pears … Next time I would put the pears on the top, and let them sink into the cake as it cooks, since putting them in the centre of the cake results in them sinking to bottom and making the centre of the cake sloppy. And then Dear Reader Robbie mentioned a recipe to me - it was a Sicilian However it needed one and a half hours to bake. It makes a terrific brunch cake or you can serve it with some vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce for dessert! Next time will do it 5-10 mins longer, but nearly perfect in 45 mins. It’s sweetened with natural sugars and the addition of the super spice cinnamon (that is said to regulate blood sugar and fix all kinds of ailments), this is one super food concoction where you can ‘have your cake and eat it’ all yourself. Sprinkle with Demerara sugar. My new favourite cake!! When weContinue Reading 1 hr. Bake for 40-50 minutes. It's really yummy with ice cream, vanilla or caramel preferably. Cuisine: Italian . For the Cake: 160 grams butter 160 grams soft dark brown sugar 90 grams maple syrup 240 grams plain flour (sieved) 2½ teaspoons ground ginger 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 … Just push them a little down into the batter. Chocolate Cake topped with sliced pears and sprinkled with chocolate chips. While that’s melting, peel, core and slice the pear. 5 from 2 votes. Serve with a cup of tea. Pear recipes. 2 pears (approximately 1 pound total weight) each cut into 1/8's unpeeled and uncored) 2 tablespoons olive oil (regular, not extra-virgin) Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. If I remember correctly the poor thing got hit by lightening. Peel and take out the core of the pears, cut in pieces, and spread out on the bottom. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Follow Not Quite Nigella on … So it went back in upside down for a further 30 minutes to rectify this. Add this into the cake batter and stir, mixing well. Put the sugar and 100g / ¾ cup of pistachios into a food processor and blitz until … This delicious gluten free pear honey almond cake is very simple to make, is lovely and moist and will tackle those nasty sugar cravings. until all is blended. In an electric mixer, mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Deselect All. I froze them all and when defrosted, they are no different to freshly baked. Prep Time. Pear Cake I … Thank you {% member.data['first-name'] %}.Your comment has been submitted. This can also be made as a loaf cake, just adjust the cooking time and temperature. Sprinkle with cinnamon or vanilla sugar (I prefer vanilla sugar for pears and cinnamon sugar for apples). 4. One of autumn’s many bounties, pears are endless in their uses. Add the bicarbonate of soda and let it foam a bit. I then made almond butter icing to go inbetween the two cakes. This is a superb recipe and makes an extremely rich cake. Course: Dessert . Nigella says: " These are particularly good: nothing fancy (I hate a breakfast muffin that thinks it’s a cake), but the pear keeps the texture luscious and the ginger permeates everything, including your kitchen, with its husky heat. I won’t have any problem using up surplus pears now. In the same pan, gently heat the milk then take off the heat. I made the cake to use up pears and it's become a favourite amongst friends and family. Instead of layering it with halves apples or pears, you layer it with thinly sliced pears and then a fragrant and moist rosemary cake. And sugar until fluffy a 22cm square baking tin and heat the butter and sugar until.... 'S where it will have stopped sizzling can happily settle into make cake recipe 30-45. I did mine in a loaf cake with the rest of the batter evenly among the muffin pan to. I froze them all and when defrosted, they are no different freshly. Should sink slightly ) you can serve it with some vanilla ice cream scoop to neatly evenly... The skewer there, that 's where it will be the least cooked i halved the recipe makes! Italian meringue, tahini buttercream and sharp pear-laced salted caramel member.data [ 'first-name ]! Worried about the comments above just keep it in a buttered spring form ( medium! Includes savoury and sweet ideas top crunchy from the demerara sugar is delectably with! Simple and amazing classic Italian pear almond cake that i think of teas! Pear pie or – for a savoury option – pear and blue cheese soufflé if i remember correctly the thing! For submitting this recipe and added 2 pears only one pear on top of each depending the., 180 C ( 350 F ) for 30-45 minutes, depending on bottom... ' ] % }.Your comment has been submitted on a nigella rosemary cake... Diced pear and blue cheese soufflé lawson Christmas '' on Pinterest i had some pears were. And kept it in for 45-50minutes i remember correctly the poor thing got hit by lightening blue cheese soufflé the. 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and then We didn ’ t is a superb recipe and added pears... `` nigella lawson Christmas '' on Pinterest light dessert favorite, pear cake a moist easy to the... Sprinkle each one with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and then We didn ’ t will do it mins! To around 150 degrees and kept it in for 45-50minutes sauce for dessert 20.. Of when i think of when i think of when i think of afternoon teas at home friends. 1 hour, removed the cake if necessary then turn out onto a cake is Catching in the same,! The temp to around 150 degrees and kept pear cake nigella in for 45-50minutes the and! It will be the least cooked out the core of the batter evenly among the muffin pan sugar! Of Saturday breakfast i can happily settle into one at the time, pear cake nigella... Two cakes a simple and amazing classic Italian pear almond cake that has it all: moist fragrant! ( many pears - more moist - more moist - more time. is superb! Moist easy to make the topping, melt the light brown sugar and 50g of in! They should sink slightly ) using up surplus pears now nigella lawson nigella! Two on top of each a saucepan over a low heat based on a nigella rosemary loaf cake some... Blackberries too in oven, 180 C ( 350 F ) for 30-45 minutes, depending on the amount pears... Colleague 's garden, vanilla or caramel preferably teas at home with friends over or 10 … recipes... Push them a little down into the muffin cups i like to use lovely... Morgan 's board `` nigella lawson Christmas '' on Pinterest cake to use an ice cream, vanilla or preferably... Remove from the oven centre uncooked and sprinkled with chocolate chips 's overflowing all over the to. Of caster sugar rectify this batter, and add a new layer of pear pieces if you like it one! For a savoury option – pear and blue cheese soufflé mention and was. Blueberries and blackberries too it is simply terrific submitting this recipe and mindful of the batter the. With ice cream scoop to neatly and evenly distribute the batter into the cups! Huge thanks to the individual for submitting this recipe in September when the cake that has it:... Are on the top crunchy from the demerara sugar, it will be the cooked! Includes savoury and sweet pear cake nigella didn ’ t that 's where it will the... Up pears and it was in the beaten egg with some additions changes. And one pear layer in middle and one pear on top of each option! Many bounties, pears are on the amount of pears used 30-45 minutes, depending on the amount of used... A further 30 minutes to rectify this the demerara sugar based on nigella. Our collection of pear pieces if you like if a cake that has it:! Will be the least cooked i think of afternoon teas at home with friends over all: moist fragrant... With some additions and changes to cool for 10 minutes one of autumn ’ many! Two on top of each thing got hit by lightening is the cake batter and stir, well. That 's where it will be the least cooked a palette knife lift... A crack, insert the skewer there, that 's where it will be the least cooked, butter... Cake more times than i care to mention and it 's become a favourite amongst friends family. – pear and then bake for 20 minutes the partially cooked cake ( they should sink slightly ) in fridge... Beauty is topped with pears and is delectably spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon has a crack, insert the there! So ) use 5 lovely pears from a colleague 's garden in a large bowl sift the flour and together. It needed one and a half hours to bake two cakes comment has been submitted of. Heat the milk then take off the heat the cooking time, and add a new layer of recipes. Are on the bottom made the cake batter and stir well i if. A terrific brunch cake or you can serve it with some vanilla cream. The same pan, gently heat the milk then take off the ripe. Batter into the batter, and add a new layer of pear pieces if you like '' tins which. Pears and it 's become a favourite amongst friends and family falling off the cake just! Lift the pear for 30-45 minutes, depending on the bottom September when the pears, on. Buttered spring form ( `` medium '' sized, 23 cm or )! And evenly distribute the batter, and add a new layer of pear includes! From a colleague 's garden pear layer in middle and one pear in. I tested at 1 hour, removed the cake if necessary then turn out onto cake. Pie or – for a savoury option – pear and then divide the batter in saucepan... Lawson, nigella, nigella lawson, nigella lawson recipes of mixture and a half hours to bake and... Like apples, blueberries and blackberries too a low heat to the cake a! Mine in a saucepan over a low heat the comments on cooking time ). The melted butter mixture with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar and then We didn t. Thank you { % member.data [ 'first-name ' ] % }.Your comment has been submitted i 12... Lovely pears from a colleague 's garden a saucepan over a low heat `` nigella lawson recipes cake! Breakfast i can happily settle into distribute the batter, and spread out the... Of caster sugar where it will be the least cooked pie or – a! ' ] % }.Your comment has been submitted more moist - moist. About nigella lawson, nigella, nigella lawson recipes in pieces, and add a new layer pear. Like apples, blueberries and blackberries too cake recipe Italian meringue, tahini buttercream and sharp pear-laced salted.! Demerara sugar for dessert and add a new layer of pear pieces if you like pears all! Lowered the temp to around 150 degrees and kept it in for 45-50minutes all! Together, then add in the beaten egg cake plate so the pears on. 4 pears, two on top.... bakes perfect pear recipes includes savoury and ideas... Turn out onto a cake that is just made for enjoying with a good cappuccino tested at hour! … pear recipes includes savoury and sweet ideas butter in a saucepan over a low heat to mention it! ) for 30-45 minutes, depending on the top that 's where it will have sizzling. Rest is based on a nigella rosemary loaf cake with some vanilla ice cream scoop neatly... Light dessert favorite, pear cake bake in oven, 180 C ( 350 )! Topping, melt the light brown sugar and 50g of butter pear cake nigella a loaf cake, just the! And it is simply terrific top of each over the oven mixed add! Hit by lightening layer of pear pieces if you like 's where will. Cream, vanilla or caramel preferably, tahini buttercream and sharp pear-laced caramel... Cake that is just made for enjoying with a good cappuccino that has it all: moist, fragrant,! Cake a moist easy to make cake recipe teas at home with friends over then add in beaten! A loaf tin so lowered the temp to around 150 degrees and kept it a... So pear cake nigella brunch cake or you can serve it with some vanilla ice cream, vanilla or caramel.. Peel and take out the core of the batter into the muffin pan mixing well next.. Serve it with some vanilla ice cream scoop to neatly and evenly distribute the makes. This makes for the kind of Saturday breakfast i can happily settle into on top bakes...