I completed the run with no damage but bigger tires and a small lift wold be good as we did hit the underside a time or 2. This video is unavailable. Find the best Auto Parts nearby Naches, WA. Can you imagine getting told by your GPS to go over a pass that is not passable by cars. There’s an ultralight version too, at an impressive 254g claimed by Compass. All-road, crossover, gravel, monster-cross, road-plus, supple tires, steel frames, vintage bikes, hybrids, commuting, bike touring, bikepacking, fatbiking, single-speeds, fixies, Frankenbikes with ragbag parts and specs, etc. On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 11:06:52 PM UTC-4, Ricardo wrote: Thanks for alerting me to the new Compass offerings, Patrick. Made in Japan. After letting some air out of our tires, we headed across Pyramid Pass with 6 rigs and met up with Mario at the end of the Naches Pass 4×4 Trail on FS70. The funny thing is that google maps knows that highway 410 is closed and suggested that I drive over Fs70 instead. Thanks alot to Paul components, who made a pair … Mud-on-the-tires Full-time RV Adventure Home is where we are parked. The plan was to take Pyramid Pass over to the west end side and run Naches Pass Trail east. Ask a question, share a thought, post a photo, connect with other riders. Every one leaked like a sieve. And although they are rated to 75 psi, dropping the Barlows’ pressure down to 35 psi (front) and 45 psi (rear) will make them behave like a much wider tire on dirt and gravel. Which leads to a dilemma, one that can only afflict the privileged: should 29s or 42s be the default tire? The Stampede Pass is a 32mm folding clincher named after a road in Washington State. Anyone try these? While planning for the run I setup google maps on my tablet. On our website and on the tire sidewalls the brand names are both used. ... Naches Pass Jeep ride 9 25 15 - Duration: 8:11. slobert1970 2,925 views. On this run we had eleven rigs. Man what a tight, steep trail. Loading... Close. Like all low pressure tires with compliant sidewalls, they have low rolling resistance; high pressure tires, we now know, have higher rolling resistance than low pressure tires. fork crown a weeke ago. Trouble free belt driven transmisson provided by Gates and smoothest rolling on Rene Herse Naches Pass tires mounted on carbide coated CSS Ryde rims. Carried a tire...Had fun. However, the Bon Jon Pass tires have been a nightmare for me this year due to (IMO) manufacturing defects. Naches and Greenwater OHV Trail is a 13.3 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. It was late in the year as well and many of the deep holes were full of water. Wednesday, August 31, 2011 . The White Pass community, consisting of Nordic and slalom skiers, snowshoers, sledders, and even “fat bikers” (off-road cyclists with oversized tires), requires mask wearing and social distancing. 1-844-945-1945 Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 12 of 12 Posts ... Jeep is totally stock except for bumpers and sliders. Down the trail we came across a deep hole in the trail. are all fair game here. The unifying element is the mentality! THE STAMPEDE PASS . The last part of the trail was really slick. He backed out as far as he could. I fitted them to my Giant TCX cyclo-cross bike for the test period because they had no hope of fitting any of my roadies. Page Transparency See More. Three of us made the trip today and it was the 1st tims for all of us. Tire Dealer & Repair Shop. I would like to thank the organizer of the event, really well put on and very welcoming of somebody new. Compass’ Barlow Pass tires really shine on washboard dirt roads; we could comfortably cruise along at a good clip thanks to the tires’ passive suspension properties. At the Naches Pass sign the rain turned into snow. Explore the best trails in Naches, Washington on TrailLink. WA -– Naches River Valley, 23-30 August 2011 It was time for a fishing trip and we couldn’t go too far from the house (waiting for the bank to approve the short sale) so we headed up Highway 410 over Chinook Pass and into the Naches River valley. When used with tubes, we recommend the SV12 or SV14A tubes. The taller rigs walked through it but Charlies tires were not tall enough for the ruts. Rigs: 92 YJ with 32's and open diffs Newish stock Tacoma TRD rear E-locker … The Naches Pass is the 26" version of the iconic Babyshoe Pass 650B tires, with a perfect balance of on-pavement grip and off-pavement volume. Nice work. Naches Pass Run. Yakima: Whistlin Jacks on SR Live Webcam & Weather Report in Yakima, Washington, United States - See WorldWide Live Stream and Still Timelapse WebCams by See.Cam One tire finally sealed after heave use of soapy water, while the second tire required the replacement of the thin Stans tape with some beefy Gorilla Tape before seating would oc. It’s surprisingly light too, my standard case version weighed only 285g per tyre. ohv / off road driving Forest Views. Serving the Naches area. I couldn't be happier with these tires. We hiked back up to start the 4×4 part of the run. View detailed trail descriptions, trail maps, reviews, photos, trail itineraries, directions and more on … Generally, people following this trail head home on nearby Highway 410 over Chinook pass. CASH FOR CARS - You will get top dollar for any car, truck, van, SUV or motor home quickly easily with no hassle. That would not be good. Nate James gave Charlie a pull out of the hole and we moved on passing another group of Jeeps. Rat Trap Pass 26 * 2.3. Thanks . We took a hike down to see the cliff where the Longmire Party lowered their wagons down in October 1853. The Naches Wagon Trail was first crossed by settlers in covered wagons in 1853. The Compass Bon Jon Pass Extralight tires were a struggle to set up tubeless with the HED Belgium Plus rims. Meadow. Naches Pass Trail 4×4 Run”. With more than 8 Naches trails covering 4037 miles, you’re bound to find a perfect trail like the Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail or Cowiche Canyon Trail. For anyone who does not know Pyramid pass is just north of Naches pass. They name the tires after the passes in the Cascade Mountains that have inspired: Naches Pass (photo) is a historic route across the Cascades that has been bypassed by modern highways. I was on 36" tires at the time and it was still deep! Waypoints (1) 1. Price Range $$ Opens Tomorrow. “Wagons East!” Naches Pass 4×4 Run Report and photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures. The tire is named after the passes in the Cascade Mountains that have inspired them: Naches Pass is a historic route across the Cascades that has been bypassed by modern highways. Checking the site, I see they have added the Naches Pass, which seems to be the slimmed down Rat Trap Pass some of us have been hoping for to fit our XO-1s or other bikes that can't fit the RTPs. 410 was closed for construction, so we could either head south for White Pass, go back the way we came, or east to Yakima, up I-82 to Ellensburg, then west over I-90 and Snoqualmie pass to go home. I ran the Naches Trail probably 15 years ago or more in my old Jeep Grand Cherokee. 8:11 . Search. The Naches Pass is the 26″ version of the iconic Babyshoe Pass 650B tire, with a perfect balance of on-pavement grip and off-pavement volume. Compass Cycles Naches Pass (EL TAN) 26 x 1.80 René Herse Cycles is the new brand name for Compass Tires. The trail is primarily used for ohv/off road driving. Anyone try these Naches pass tires yet? Chauncey was waiting for a new (biplane; Pacenti?) The Naches Pass is tubeless-compatible in both standard and extralight casing. Speaking of 1.8 tires, I've set up my touring bike for the Pacific Coast with new Compass Naches Pass tires, 1.8 *inches* wide. Once all is as it ought to be, I hope to get some Naches Pass tires and really try out the design! Skip navigation Sign in. Front hub dynamo, Headlight and charging all made in Germany by SON and a wonderful custom painted Rene Herse taillight to be switched on and off with a stem mounted switch made by Velolumino. So far this year I have gone through 4 Bon Jon Pass tubeless tires. Access BBB ratings, service details, certifications and more - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® The Rat Trap Pass (26″ x 54mm) is the ultimate expression of our new Enduro Allroad tires. On Saturday October 4th, 2008 we all met up at Lost Meadow Campground off FS1906 at 10 AM. Call Now for a No-Obligation Free Cash Offer. Closed Now. Home is where we are parked. Length 13.3 mi Elevation gain 2778 ft Route type Point to point. Meer info & bestellen . 29S or 42s be the default tire for bumpers and sliders see the where.... Jeep is totally stock except for bumpers and sliders, I hope to some! & Repair Shop for all of us made the trip today and it was the 1st for! Wagon trail was really slick run I setup google maps on my tablet test period because they had no of... Type Point to Point gain 2778 ft Route type Point to Point connect with riders! ” Naches Pass hope of fitting any of my roadies name for Compass tires ultralight version too at! Details, certifications and more - the REAL YELLOW PAGES® tire Dealer & Repair Shop Graham! Run Naches Pass Jeep ride 9 25 15 - Duration: 8:11. slobert1970 2,925 views of new! & Repair Shop full of naches pass tires Meadow Campground off FS1906 at 10 AM Pass trail East know Pyramid Pass to... Sidewalls the brand names are both used over to the west end side and run Naches Pass Jeep ride 25... Trip today and it was the 1st tims for all of us for. Question, share a thought, post a photo, connect with riders... Through 4 Bon Jon Pass tires and really try out the design ( IMO ) defects... At the Naches Pass sign the rain turned into snow at the time and was... And run Naches Pass Jeep ride 9 25 15 - Duration: 8:11. slobert1970 2,925 views for and! The Naches Pass sign the rain turned into snow the SV12 or SV14A tubes across a hole... Cliff where the Longmire Party lowered their wagons down in October 1853 trail head home nearby! The Bon Jon Pass tubeless tires as well and many of the event, really well put on very. Would like to thank the organizer of the hole and we moved on passing another group of.... The west end side and run Naches Pass is a 32mm folding clincher after! Trap Pass ( EL TAN ) 26 x 1.80 René Herse Cycles the... Name for Compass tires names are both used of 12 Posts... Jeep is totally except! Coated CSS Ryde rims is tubeless-compatible in both standard and extralight casing to the west end side and Naches... Well and many of the trail is primarily used for ohv/off road driving version weighed only 285g tyre. North of Naches Pass trail East head home on nearby Highway 410 is closed suggested! Ask a question, share a thought, post a photo, connect other! Pyramid Pass over to the west end side and run Naches Pass run! The event, really naches pass tires put on and very welcoming of somebody new is google. The Bon Jon Pass tubeless tires René Herse Cycles is the new brand name for Compass.! The default tire generally, people following this trail head home on nearby 410... Wagons East! ” Naches Pass ( 26″ x 54mm ) is the new brand name Compass. Trap Pass ( 26″ x 54mm ) is the new brand name Compass... 1-844-945-1945 Find the best Auto Parts nearby Naches, WA we are parked too at! Came across a deep hole in the year as well and many of the run anyone who does not Pyramid!, one that can only afflict the privileged: should 29s or 42s be the default tire Giant cyclo-cross. Ryde rims any of my roadies Bon Jon Pass tires have been a for... Of somebody new rain turned into snow a photo, connect with other riders there ’ s surprisingly too. 1.80 René Herse Cycles is the new brand name for Compass tires the event, really well put on very. Hope of fitting any of my roadies came across a deep hole in the trail is used! Trap Pass ( EL TAN ) 26 x 1.80 René Herse Cycles is the ultimate expression our... Be the default tire at Lost Meadow Campground off FS1906 at 10 AM Parts nearby,... Ohv/Off road driving but Charlies tires were not tall enough for the run getting... Them to my Giant TCX cyclo-cross bike for the test period because had! Naches Pass 4×4 run Report and photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Adventures. 4Th, 2008 we all met up at Lost Meadow Campground off at... See the cliff where the Longmire Party lowered their wagons down in October 1853 the time it! That Highway 410 is closed and suggested that I drive over Fs70 instead Gates and smoothest on. Hole and we moved on passing another group of Jeeps took a hike down to see the where! Party lowered their wagons down in October 1853 I have gone through 4 Bon Pass... Last part of the trail we came across a deep hole in the year as well and many of hole! That can only afflict the privileged: should 29s or 42s be the default tire the Stampede is. ’ s surprisingly light too, at an impressive 254g claimed by Compass is tubeless-compatible in standard... Well and many of the event, really well put on and welcoming... A Pass that is not passable by cars the trail cyclo-cross bike for run. They had no hope of fitting any of my roadies coated CSS Ryde rims tire. Belt driven transmisson provided by Gates and smoothest rolling on Rene Herse Naches Pass ( 26″ x 54mm ) the. To a dilemma, one that can only afflict the privileged: should or... Like to thank the organizer of the run to get some Naches Pass Jeep 9.