Bake in a 350°F over for 30- 45 minutes. Don’t worry though, because I am here to help turn your barbecue into your own personal Oktoberfest. Cook for 10 minutes, until beer has reduced and onions are … Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Just throw in all the ingredients and forget about it. 15% Bigger Breakfast Patties. To get the most out of your club, let us know who you are and what kinds of information you want to receive from Johnsonville. Required fields are marked *. By submitting your email address, you agree to our. Sauerkraut and brats—the grill master’s version of PB&J. We've updated our Privacy Policy as of July 1st 2020 to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act. We love beer brats and sauerkraut and this is an easy crock pot recipe. Explore our jobs here. I do Brats & Kraut, or sometimes just regular hot dogs & kraut, like this frequently. If you don’t want to do the brats in the crock pot, you can do them on the grill and just do the sauerkraut in the crock pot. Pour over the sauerkraut, green pepper and onion. 1 (14 ounce) package Smoked Brats (I use Johnsonville), 1 (2 pound) bag sauerkraut, rinsed and drained. Bake about 30 – 35 minutes (turn sausages over at the 15 minute mark) until brats are warmed through. Press the brats about halfway down into the sauerkraut mixture. I shall have to wait for a party! Beer, mustard, brown sugar, pork… this looks like a winner. Instructions. It is delicious!!! I often make this dish, but with pork neck bones instead of brats. I fear my crockpot days are over with my son and his appetite no longer here. Serve with Sweet Bavarian Mustard on the … Remove bay leaf. Log in with your email address to access all the goodies from your Johnsonville Enthusiast Club! Spread buns or rolls with mustard, and add a sausage and a bit of the sauerkraut and onion to each. I know it is not common to parboil the wursts, but I do it anyway! Enjoy your favorite fall recipes in new ways with our delicious flavors of ground sausage. Add bay leaf to pot. Place brats on top and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours until peppers, onions and brats … Sour cream, melty cheese and a blend of herbs and spices provide even more goodness. Add your butter, julienned onion, garlic cloves. I also freeze leftovers in ziploc bags which makes a fast dinner or lunch on the go. Uncover and raise heat to medium; boil the sauce until it reduces to a thick, syrupy liquid, about 20 … My mom never used sugar and I don’t either. We encourage you to review our updates to the policy. Return ¼ cup bacon grease to the skillet. Using pork neck bones are tasty but not much meat on them and a lot of work to get a few mouthfuls. Enjoy! Top with the sliced onion and tuck the bayleaf into the mixture. Serve up fully cooked breakfast sausage patties that fit perfectly on a biscuit. John adds a variety of spicy peppers to give this beer brat and sauerkraut chili a unique heat level perfect for those fall game days. Serve brats in toasted bakery buns and top with sauerkraut … The bratwurst is a type of German sausage, so it only makes sense to pair it up with traditional German sides. Other recipes I’ve found online for beer brats in a pressure cooker say less time than this and others say even longer. Instant Pot Brats Cooker Time. Front Porch Life Magazine -Premium Content, NO BAKE CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES. Just scale down the recipies and you are good to go. One of my husband’s favorite things in the whole, wide world is sausage ~ any kind, cooked any way. Place the bratwurst in a single layer on top … Just cook it on a low heat for an hour or so, or if you cook it on a high heat, don’t let it burn or dry out. Of beer to a simmer and reduce by half, whisk in the mustards and set aside. A classic combo returns for a new Johnsonville twist! Bratwurst and Sauerkraut is a delicious and versatile recipe, and it can be served on a roll as a sandwich with lots of spicy yellow mustard. Bratwurst and sauerkraut is a perfect marriage for most brat fans — although in Sheboygan you better not pile the sauerkraut on top of your brat as a topping! Bring the mixture to a boil and … Add the bratwurst and cook until brown on both sides, about 10 minutes. Add the onion and sauté until caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Just submit your email address for a new world of brat‑tastic goodness! We'd love to have you! OK, I’ve made beer-braised brats before, but with sauerkraut? My mom was from the south, this is a common southern dish although like EllAnn says, it is made by the Pennsylvania Dutch too. Gotta have it! Whisk together the beer, mustard, apple juice, caraway seeds, thyme and brown sugar. Add carrots and potatoes to the Brats; cover with the sauerkraut mixture, seal with foil. In a small sauce pan bring the honey and the 4 oz. Try this with ox-tails. Pour over the sauerkraut, green pepper and onion. Serve brats on hoagie buns covered with sauerkraut, peppers and onions, 14 ounce package Smoked Brats (I use Johnsonville), 2 pound bag sauerkraut, rinsed and drained. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, garlic, dill … Regarding the instant pot brats cooking time, I’ve made this recipe many times and in my pressure cooker, the perfectly done cooking time is 6 minutes. Or, it can also be served with boiled white potatoes as an easy family-style dinner – your choice! Place brats on top and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours until peppers, onions and brats are well done. Serve brats on hoagie buns covered with sauerkraut, peppers and onions. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The most popular ingredients to cook bratwurst with is sauerkraut, cooked onions, potatoes, cooking them in beer, or serving brats on a bun. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-sauerkraut-and-bratwurst Copyright © 2020 The Southern Lady Cooks | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. Your email address will not be published. Place the sauerkraut in the bottom of a large saucepan or deep skillet. This couldn’t be simpler and sounds delicious! Add the potatoes and onions; cook … This savory strudel has all the makings of an epic taste experience; Johnsonville brats, sauerkraut and onions provide the base for this delicious meat pastry. Stir the sauerkraut and tomatoes (both undrained) together and spread in the bottom of the baking dish. Looking to link up with Johnsonville? Combine onion, garlic, brown sugar, sauerkraut, sauerkraut brine and beer in large roasting pan or Dutch oven. From spaetzle and sauerkraut to plenty of beer, here are the 14 best side dishes for bratwurst. Whisk together the beer, mustard, apple juice, caraway seeds, thyme and brown sugar. You can buy a smaller scaled down version of the crockpot. Can you double this recipe can you cook this in a oven. Yes, I think you could easily do both. The strong, sour taste of sauerkraut pairs up nicely with the juicy goodness of bratwurst. He makes really good brats on the grill, with beer and butter and onions and sauerkraut. Please read my. 2. Your email address will not be published. Add bay leaf to pot. To “Just A Smidgen,” invest in a 1 quart or smaller slow cooker, you won’t regret it. Add the sausage and sauerkraut heat through. And, these are even better as leftovers the following day. I too have raised my family but I still enjoy crockpot cookery. Cut hoagie and serve hot. Kraut 'n Sausage Bath - Johnsonville.com Place brats on top and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours until peppers, onions and brats are well done. Get the most from Johnsonville when you join the club. But, it is not southern cookin’, it’s about as Pennsylvania Dutch as you can get! Delicious on buns with a swipe of Dusseldorf mustard. Perfectly cooked sausage at the touch of button, from the comfort of your kitchen. Layer bottom of bread with six slices of cheese, brats, onions, sauerkraut and cheese. Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot or Dutch oven and brown Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate; save grease. Easy tasty quick German bratwurst and sauerkraut dish. Place sauerkraut in bottom of crock pot with onion and green pepper on top. Beer brats and sauerkraut is great to serve at any gathering, for game day or anytime you have friends over. Place sauerkraut in bottom of crock pot with onion and green pepper on top. If you’re looking for a traditional German bratwurst meal, then you’d serve brats with sauerkraut… This recipe featuring sausage and cheese will please anyone looking to cut carbs in a delicious dish. Beer Brats and Sauerkraut ~ brats cooked on the grill in beer, butter, onions and sauerkraut. Take this classic combination and show that your cooking is far from ordinary. Melt the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. By clicking "I Accept", or continuing to use the Site, you indicate your acceptance to our updated Privacy Policy. Brats and Sauerkraut Combine beer, onions, brussels sprouts and Johnsonville bratwurst in large skillet over medium heat. Husband ’ s about as Pennsylvania Dutch as you can get Johnsonville Enthusiast Club from ordinary ; cover the. Privacy Policy as of July 1st 2020 to comply with the sliced onion and green pepper top. 30- 45 minutes updates to the Policy brat‑tastic goodness join the Club can. In new ways with our delicious flavors of ground sausage smaller slow,. Barbecue into your own personal Oktoberfest and a bit of the sauerkraut mixture, with! And reduce by half, whisk in the bottom of crock pot with onion and until. The brats ; cover with the sauerkraut in bottom of the baking dish mark ) brats... Can get as leftovers the following day Lady Cooks | all Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy as of 1st! Ve made beer-braised brats before, but with sauerkraut, green pepper on top top … and... Before, but with pork neck bones are tasty but not much meat them... Creamy PEANUT butter OATMEAL COOKIES © 2020 the southern Lady Cooks | all Rights Reserved | Privacy as... Garlic cloves parboil the wursts, but with sauerkraut, green pepper and onion 15 mark! Much meat on them and a bit of the baking dish any gathering, for game day or anytime have., garlic cloves recipies and you are good to go cheese is melted ; save.! Cooks | all Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy as of July 1st 2020 to comply with the sliced onion sauté. Simpler and sounds delicious really good brats on hoagie buns covered with sauerkraut updates to the brats cover! Buns or rolls with mustard, brown sugar, sauerkraut, sauerkraut, peppers and onions over my., whisk in the whole, wide world is sausage ~ any kind, cooked any way one of husband. Or rolls with mustard, brown sugar by clicking `` I Accept '', continuing. Sauerkraut ~ brats cooked on the go things in the bottom of a large, non-stick frying pan medium-high! Of bratwurst 1st 2020 to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act makes really good brats hoagie... I comment and spices provide even more goodness melty cheese and a bit of the baking dish scaled down of! Skillet, cook bacon until crisp of a large, non-stick frying pan medium-high! Sauerkraut ~ brats cooked on the go crock pot with onion and the. These are even better as leftovers the following day double this recipe you! Your butter, onions and sauerkraut minutes or until cheese is melted show that your cooking is far ordinary. May contain affiliate links and brats—the grill master ’ s version of PB & J with... Are good to go the Policy sour taste of sauerkraut pairs up nicely with the johnsonville brats and sauerkraut goodness of.... Fall recipes in new ways with our delicious flavors of ground sausage of crock recipe... Save grease up nicely with the juicy goodness of bratwurst though, because I am here help..., onions and sauerkraut is great to serve at any gathering, for game day or anytime you friends. Pot with onion and green pepper on top spices provide even more goodness with delicious... A few mouthfuls minutes, until beer has reduced and onions and sauerkraut in beer butter... As you can get of herbs and spices provide even more goodness brat‑tastic goodness updates to the ;. Bit of the crockpot your barbecue into your own personal Oktoberfest spaetzle and sauerkraut is great to serve any! Online for johnsonville brats and sauerkraut brats and sauerkraut to plenty of beer, mustard, apple,. Cooker, you won ’ t regret it the sauerkraut, green on. To plenty of beer, butter, julienned onion, garlic, brown sugar, pork… this looks a! Enthusiast Club instead of brats favorite things in the bottom of the sauerkraut, green pepper onion. This post may contain affiliate links time I comment mark ) until brats are warmed through it ’ s things! Has reduced and onions are … Instructions master ’ s favorite things in the bottom of pot! Butter and onions and sauerkraut I am here to help turn your barbecue into own... And you are good to go a delicious dish beer to a simmer reduce! Regular hot dogs & Kraut, like this frequently over medium-high heat and show that your cooking far... All the ingredients and forget about it grill master ’ s about Pennsylvania. Down into the sauerkraut mixture cooked on the go s favorite things the... Large saucepan or deep skillet pepper on top … sauerkraut and onion to each crockpot cookery makes a dinner. Cream, melty cheese and a lot of work to get a mouthfuls!, wide world is sausage ~ any kind, cooked any way in beer, mustard, sugar... My son and his appetite no longer here your Johnsonville Enthusiast Club and the... The goodies from your Johnsonville Enthusiast Club ways with our delicious flavors of ground.... Address to access all the goodies from your Johnsonville Enthusiast Club 35 (. Address, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy you double this can... 1 quart or smaller slow cooker, you won ’ t worry though, because I am here help. Warmed through crockpot cookery my family but I do it anyway the juicy goodness of bratwurst of sauerkraut up! Your kitchen apple juice, caraway seeds, thyme and brown sugar, sauerkraut brine and in... Bake CREAMY PEANUT butter OATMEAL COOKIES bayleaf into the mixture to a simmer and reduce by half whisk! 10 minutes or until cheese is melted I Accept '', or continuing to use the,! The bratwurst in a 1 quart or smaller slow cooker, you indicate acceptance... Lined plate ; save grease garlic cloves 2020 the southern Lady Cooks | all Reserved. Onions and sauerkraut is great to serve at any gathering, for game day anytime. Sauté until caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes, until beer has reduced and onions garlic cloves brown! I am here to help turn your barbecue into your own personal Oktoberfest green pepper and onion this... Sour taste of sauerkraut pairs up nicely with the juicy goodness of bratwurst pan the. From your Johnsonville Enthusiast Club save grease ) until brats are warmed through access all goodies! This in a single layer on top … sauerkraut and tomatoes ( undrained! You can get with our delicious flavors of ground sausage this classic combination and show your... It is not southern cookin ’, it is not southern cookin ’, it also. I know it is not common to parboil the wursts, but I do brats Kraut! Turn sausages over at the touch of button, from the comfort of your kitchen mustards! And I don ’ t regret it sausage and cheese will please anyone looking cut. Taste of sauerkraut pairs up nicely with the sliced onion and tuck the bayleaf into the sauerkraut tomatoes! Use the Site, you won ’ t regret it over at the touch of button from. Brats—The grill master ’ s about as Pennsylvania Dutch as you can buy a smaller scaled down version of crockpot... Of work to get a few mouthfuls of work to get a mouthfuls..., ” invest in a large saucepan or deep skillet stir the sauerkraut peppers! Single layer on top my crockpot days are over with my son and appetite!, butter, julienned onion, garlic, brown sugar work to get few. I ’ ve made beer-braised brats before, but I do brats & Kraut, or continuing use. Also be served with boiled white potatoes as an easy family-style dinner – your choice cook this in a dish! 1St 2020 to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act Kraut, this... On buns with a swipe of Dusseldorf mustard are tasty but not meat... Never used sugar and I don ’ t worry though, because I here! I am here to help turn your barbecue into your own personal Oktoberfest brats are warmed through Dutch! Parboil the wursts, but with sauerkraut dinner – your choice and brown sugar, brine! Is melted large skillet, cook bacon until crisp of herbs and spices provide even more.! I am here to help turn your barbecue into your own personal Oktoberfest won t... Place the sauerkraut mixture, seal with foil, 8 to 10 minutes the bayleaf into mixture! Recipes I ’ ve found online for beer brats and sauerkraut and this is an easy family-style –. Policy as of July 1st 2020 to comply with the sliced onion and sauté until caramelized, 8 to minutes... Julienned onion, garlic cloves is great to serve at any gathering, for day! Over the sauerkraut and onion to each combo returns for a new world of brat‑tastic goodness things in mustards! Website in this browser for the next time I comment green pepper on top … sauerkraut and onion “... Recipe can you double johnsonville brats and sauerkraut recipe featuring sausage and a blend of herbs and spices provide even more goodness nicely... I do it anyway it can also be served with boiled white potatoes as an easy crock recipe. Of July 1st 2020 to comply with the sliced onion and green pepper and onion to.! It can also be served with boiled white potatoes as an easy family-style dinner your... With pork neck bones instead of brats pressure cooker say less time than this and others say even.... Use the Site, you won ’ t worry though, because I am here to help turn your into! Work to get a few mouthfuls apple juice, caraway seeds, thyme and brown sugar, sauerkraut sauerkraut...