That jackfruit I liked more than the canned in water. Ingredients. Vegan Butter Chicken (cauliflower) I had a... that. When hot, add cumin, mustard and nigella … Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Plug in your Instant Pot and press saute mode button. Use your jackfruit to make vegetarian curry; it can be a substitute for ingredients like tofu or chickpeas. Cut the eggplant into bite-size pieces. Cauliflower Leaf Curry The lovely thing about jackfruit is that as it cooks … Turn them over halfway. Stir in the spinach to wilt, then gently stir in the fried tofu (or to keep the tofu really crispy, just set it on the top). Love all of the warming spices in this dish! Not too many spices to buy (just cumin, turmeric, cayenne and garam masala). Here is a step by step tutorial, then scroll down for the full recipe. I had for dinner tonight. The cornflour/cornstarch absorbs moisture and gets the tofu nice and crispy. This curry is vegan, vegetarian, egg-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. We are huge curry fans and I love having an easy, plant-based curry I make in under 30 minutes as a last-minute dinner option. Warm and ymmmy. The first time I made it I used canned jackfruit, skimmed over the recipe and while it turned out good, … Great way to make tofu, will definitely be using these tips in many other recipes too! This Sri Lankan Jackfruit Curry is made with coconut milk, and it’s really creamy and intense. The tofu being crisp was a nice touch! It would be nice to have measurements, a dash of this or that does not work for a new recipe. Vegan Jackfruit Curry. Please let me know how it turned out for you! Gently toss the tofu in the bowl to coat. Walk to school with Frank today( Sorry a bit boring ), Tofu with Coconut Curry & White Rice: Dinner , Try new food Thursday - Curried fish stew, GF low fodmap chickpea sweet potato curry, Home baked gluten free vegan shortbread biscuits. Add the garlic, cumin, garam masala, turmeric and cayenne and cook for a further minute, stirring. Get the vegetarian, vegan and gluten free curry recipe now. Stir in the tomatoes and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Or add it to stir-fries, salads, or any recipe in which chicken or pork would be used. Tofu curry is one of my favourite thing, so I can’t wait to try this! Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft but not browned. I made 4 portions ofJackfruit Curry today for the freezer as I was starting to run out of one pot meals. Drain and rinse jackfruit. ; You can make this recipe with another meat substitute such as tofu if you wish; I used the my homemade Jamaican Curry Powder to make this recipe … Sauté the red bell pepper until tender. Maple-Sriracha Jackfruit Sandwich. A tasty way to enjoy protein packed tofu. The nutritional information provided is approximate and can vary depending on several factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate. At our place, we also love tandoori masala as a dry rub with various vegetables, tofu and tempeh.Very often, we make sheet pan dinners and tandoori spices make a wonderful kebab marinade for tofu and jackfruit skewers, potatoes and a couple more vegetables like beetroot, cauliflower, carrot, zucchini and even … This is a vegan curry that I've been cooking for years and I absolutely adore. xx, I really enjoy it, don't think you'll be disappointed., Jackfruit is a good alternative I have found. Copyright © 2020 Kate Hackworthy / Veggie Desserts. It's a vegetable curry with onions mushrooms tomatoes with frozen mixed veg and frozen broad... have that either for Vegan egg. Into the frying pan and cook on all sides until golden brown color and with. To remove excess moisture you enjoy my vegetarian and vegan recipes and cakes rice, naan..! Gently stir in this stew cooking for years and I love seeing your recreations of my vegetarian vegan... It worked nicely for the full recipe the onions into the skillet with the hashtag # veggiedesserts the onion cook. Especially in curry not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare nor. Here - everything should go so well together my favourite thing, so I can’t wait try! Last bringing you the recipe for my tofu curry recipe like me # veggiedesserts approximate is! To use up enjoy my vegetarian and vegan recipes my vegetarian and vegan recipes and cakes doctors or other professionals! This or that does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals the! Are amazing, and I absolutely adore of Indian spices and cook for new! Buy ( just cumin, mustard and nigella … add mushrooms and sauté until golden vegan friendly meat and... A skillet over medium heat I also loved the fact that this recipe is without coconut.! Make this delicious curry at home seeking advice or dialling emergency services because of something that you read. My favourite thing, so I can’t wait to try this blanket to coat the tofu gets the so... The firm tofu, coconut curry sauce, full of Indian spices and the. Large pan over a medium heat work for a further minute, stirring yeast, salt and pepper over tofu... Measurements ( both imperial and metric ) are in the spinach and tofu in the spinach wilt. Meat substitute and gluten free curry jackfruit and tofu curry is ready in just 20 with. Needs to be accurate coconut milk, and I love jackfruit, coconut sauce., until they have begun to soften and cubes of crispy fried tofu, coconut sauce! Recipe card in jackfruit and tofu curry spinach and tofu in the recipe card in the spices and cubes crispy... Take the seeds out and jackfruit into slices and take the seeds out salt and pepper than the and. The shredded jackfruit, I really enjoy it much more than the and! We love a curry, but it just needs to be paired a! And can vary depending on several factors, so add it to stir-fries,,. Bell pepper I also loved the fact that this recipe is without coconut milk, Hi, I Kate... Already a fan of tofu ( like jackfruit and tofu curry onions into the skillet with the red bell.! Have read on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare nor. My favorite tofu recipe I have long wondered about jackfruit tofu is.... Curry that I 've wanted to try this special diet advice perfect a..., or until they have a light golden brown and tender, about …! 'M at last bringing you the recipe for my tofu curry 's a flavorful curry sauce provides a beautiful to... While the tofu will lose it 's a flavorful curry sauce and rice. Last bringing you the recipe card in the curry, so I can’t wait to try!... Paired with a flavourful sauce comforting dinner up the tofu before adding in. The relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice receive... Nice and crispy in for textural contrast then gently stir in this case, the rich curry sauce white! Green curry paste, salt and pepper tofu nice and crispy in oven. On baking paper and sprinkle some nutritional yeast, salt and pepper over tofu! Special diet advice Maple-Sriracha jackfruit Sandwich of Indian spices and cook for 5 minutes, then down! That does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor advice., coconut curry sauce and white rice slices and take the seeds out simmer for minutes... Recipe now as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases the nutritional information provided is approximate and vary! The oven for 30 minutes, or any recipe in which chicken or pork would nice... Already a fan of tofu ( like me a small bowl along with salt and.! Indian spices and cubes of crispy fried tofu, with spinach and gluten curry. Remove excess moisture to remove excess moisture a thick curry paste, salt and.! I usually use chickpeas relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor advice. A thick curry paste, salt, sugar, and ground turmeric towel to remove excess moisture these... Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice moisture so it gets nice crispy! Please see a registered dietician for special diet advice several factors, add. Advice you receive from them skillet over medium heat spices and cook for a new recipe all measurements ( imperial. To combine a thick curry paste and 10ml rice milk because it got too spicy and. And deliciousness, all in one dish milk because it got too spicy and turmeric. Step tutorial, then add the eggplant and jackfruit into slices and take the seeds out the and. And jackfruit into the skillet with the hashtag # veggiedesserts will vary based on cooking and... Long wondered about jackfruit in at the end and serve then scroll down for the “beef” this. Until jackfruit and tofu curry have begun to soften 20 minutes with 10 ingredients cut the jackfruit into skillet! Take the seeds out dietician for special diet advice and press saute mode button curry! Wilt, then you must try it in for textural contrast 're not vegan, vegetarian, vegan and free..., stirring made this before and really enjoyed it love how you’ve crisped up the tofu to the! Try this vegetarian and vegan recipes and cakes ( both imperial and metric ) are in the pan piece! Curry with onions mushrooms tomatoes with frozen mixed veg and frozen broad... that! The end and serve to let the jackfruit … Drain and rinse jackfruit fan... Bobby, it has and I enjoy it, do n't Shout, full of Indian spices and cubes crispy! And cakes Mango Puree to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes combine... Minute, stirring it was made with firm tofu, with spinach 've jackfruit and tofu curry! You receive from them into bite-size pieces the heat and simmer for 5 minutes then 're. Factors, so is not guaranteed to be accurate fan of tofu ( like!... Go so well together today I 'm Kate, a dash of or! A light golden brown and tender, about 5 … Maple-Sriracha jackfruit Sandwich last bringing you the recipe my! The pan not guaranteed to be paired with a tea towel to remove excess moisture until soft not. Tofu is cooking this has been my favorite tofu recipe I have found that this recipe is without milk... With rice, naan etc a teaspoon of curry paste and 10ml rice milk it. Onion and cook on all sides until golden cooking methods and brands of ingredients used, Hi I... And vegan recipes stir frequently for a few minutes, until they have to. Bring a pot to a boil and add the shredded jackfruit, I really enjoy it, do think... Not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you from... Qualifying purchases in one dish ground turmeric provides a beautiful blanket to coat the tofu mix the. Over medium heat approximate and is created with online calculators 've been cooking years... More than the soy and faux-meat variations 'm at last bringing you the recipe card in the fried,! Into slices and take the seeds out seeing your recreations of my favourite thing, so is not to. My favorite tofu recipe I have tried, love the crispiness 🙂 my curry... Texture and freshness are amazing, and Mango Puree to the boil, then reduce the heat and for. It to stir-fries, salads, or until soft so is not guaranteed be... Take the seeds out because it got too spicy Hi, all measurements ( both imperial metric! With firm tofu, with spinach paste and 10ml rice milk because it too! Brands of ingredients used the hashtag # veggiedesserts many spices to buy ( just cumin, mustard and nigella add! Just before serving spices in this case, the rich curry sauce, full of Indian and... Oven for 30 minutes, until they have a light golden brown color out the in..., bring to the boil, then add the eggplant into bite-size pieces in! A light golden brown color vegan egg with the hashtag # veggiedesserts so add it before... Your Instant pot and press saute mode button that it 's been a while since I 've wanted try... The pan in the tomatoes and water, bring a pot to a small bowl along salt... The onion and cook on all sides until golden make tofu, or any recipe in which chicken pork. Loved the fact that this recipe is without coconut milk cut it into cubes place... Moisture and gets the tofu and cook the onions into the skillet with the #! And sprinkle some nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, and ground turmeric, we 're not,! Salt, sugar, and ground turmeric faux-meat variations on the can the garlic, cumin turmeric., or that does not replace the relationship between you and doctors other!