Indicates a malfunction in the ABS or the Brake Assist (BA) system. Joel always does a outstanding job and provides valuable information on how to keep my car running right. Would you like us to send you price alerts? Optimize fleet uptime and compliance via mobile vehicle repairs, Partner with us to simplify and scale fleet maintenance, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Our mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 cities, Explore nationwide job opportunities for automotive technicians, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Fleet maintenance with certified mobile mechanics. Immediately stop the vehicle in a safe place and contact your Hyundai dealer. If your gas cap is unscrewed, left loose or faulty this can cause the check engine light to turn on. Third Brake light in Hyundai Sonata. In most cases, your Hyundai Sonata light will go off after about 20-40 miles. The fog lights improve visibility in difficult driving conditions, such as in rain or fog. The 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has 1 problems reported for hybrid system warning light. Because of this, the maintenance light might not be effective for those who tow often, or often drive in extreme weather conditions and need the oil changed more frequently. Made with ♥ in Silicon Valley. Indicates a malfunction in the SRS airbag system, the front passenger occupant classification system or the seatbelt pretensioner system.Have the vehicle inspected by your Hyundai dealer immediately. Happens after car has warmed up. I can find nothing on this code anywhere. The sole function of Hyundai’s mileage-based minder system is to remind owners when to take their car in for a scheduled service. Press the “MODE” button on the steering wheel and access the “INFORMATION” menu. All figures are EPA estimates and for comparison purposes only. Chrysler PT Cruiser - Oil Change - Atlanta, Georgia. This is not to say that a driver should neglect the maintenance light altogether. Hover over the icons below to learn more. 2016-2020 Hyundai Sonata Service Required Minder Light Reset – The Sonata is a mid-sized sedan of Hyundai, launched in 1985, now in its 6th generation. Get Driving Directions. In any instance where the oil light stays on when the engine is running, the engine should be checked by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer before the car is driven again. Indicates a malfunction in the electronic engine control system, the Electronic Throttle Control System or the electronic automatic transmission control system. After the service, he went over the 50 point inspection. Oil light coming on in stop and go traffic. The computer system tracks the engine miles from the time it was reset, and the light will trigger after a certain amount of miles driven (i.e. Have the vehicle inspected by your Hyundai dealer immediately. $9 ... Genuine Hyundai Accessories 00402-31916 Chrome License Plate Frame for Hyundai Sonata/Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. When it comes to quality, CTA knows no compromises. 2021 SONATA Hybrid SEL/Limited: 45 City/51 Hwy/47 Combined. Such maintenance tasks should always be performed by a qualified technician. document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Bob King Hyundai in Winston-Salem says they don't know why it would do that. $27.15 $ 27. Until I got my owners manual out, I thought this was a service engine soon light. Save up to $4,284 on one of 611 used 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrids near you. Have the system checked by your Hyundai dealer. Get a fair & transparent quote instantly before booking. I followed the instructions in the forum and disc the cables for 1/2 hour then connected the negative cable first then the positive. Luckily both times it started back up. Modern cars have over a dozen warning lights placed in the dashboards, such as lights for oil pressure, coolant temperature, battery, park assist, and the check engine light. Everything comes on ( lights , radio , air , etc.) *If equipped. So this should be the first thing to check.If your gas cap appears to be fine then your check engine like is probably on for another reason, which may range anywhere from a faulty ignition coil, a failing catalytic converter, or a worn out spark plug. Jeep Wrangler - Oil Change - Denver, Colorado. Mark was very helpful and knowledgeable. The current generation follows the concept “Fluid Sculpture”, breaking the monotony, with bold style. 1 Answer 2006 hyundai sonata Serpentine belt pulley diagram. Hyundai dealer. Enter your registered email address to request a password reset link. If the vehicle is in danger of slipping, rolling backward when starting on an incline, or if the front wheels (2WD models) or four wheels (4WD models) spin, this indicator flashes to indicate that the VSC/TRAC systems have been engaged. This does not mean Hyundai drivers should ignore such alerts. Some servicers will neglect to do this, which can lead to premature and unnecessary service light triggers. 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Step 5: Turn the ignition to the “OFF” position. This light indicates the engine temperature is still low and is warning you not to drive too hard until the vehicle reaches proper operating temperatures. Recently, the Wrench light has been coming on. LEARN MORE. Teddy Leung / Shutterstock.com The whole idea of a PZEV (that is, a partial zero-emissions vehicle), seems paradoxical. Not sure about Ford, but in many GM cars, the wrench light indicates a DTC set for (B)ody, (C)hassis, or (T)ransmission, with the usual engine light reserved for the (P)owertrain codes. Different automakers use variations of this light, such as a car with a wrench in the middle, but a wrench is always incorporated in some way. 1 Piece. While the Hyundai mileage-based minder system can be used as a reminder to the driver to have the vehicle serviced, it should be used as a guideline that depends on how the vehicle is driven and under what driving conditions. Indicates a malfunction in the vehicle’s charging system. With only a few simple steps, you can learn how to do it yourself on newer third generation (2013-2015) models: Indicates that the engine oil pressure is too low. Check Engine Light Service Hyundai Sonata. © Buy or sell new and used Cars with Recycler.com's Redmond auto classifieds. When the check engine warning light is illuminated it’s often accompanied by tell-tale signs that the engine is not working properly, such as a lack of … If any... Hi there. Below is a graph of Hyundai’s recommended inspections for different mile intervals you might encounter during ownership. It does mean that you should have your car looked at and diagnosed by an expert Hyundai Technician as soon as you can. On Hyundai cars, this is called the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), but you’ll probably know it as the check engine light. Once your Hyundai has been serviced, the “SERVICE REQUIRED” light will need to be reset. Malfunction Indicator Lamp It needs to be replaced ASAP. This cable runs along the passenger side from the rear of the vehicle to the engine compartment. He let me know what needed to be fixed and was able to fix the botched job from the previous mechanic. Both the Sonata Hybrid and the standard car with the optional 1.6T engine can feel wheezy and underpowered; the N Line has enough grunt to flash the traction control light even in Normal mode. Be aware of your driving habits and conditions throughout the year and, as necessary, have a professional determine whether or not your vehicle needs servicing depending on your specific, most frequent driving habits and conditions. Average failure mileage is 27,000 miles. If you have a car model without an “OK” button, proceed to the next step. In addition, the check engine indicator illuminated and "charging system is not charging" was displayed. BMW 328i - Oil Change - Jacksonville, Florida. For these reasons, performing all scheduled and recommended maintenance on your vehicle is imperative to keep it running well, so you can avoid the many untimely, inconvenient, and possibly expensive repairs that come from neglect. Use the directional keypad to turn the “SERVICE INTERVAL” mode on and set the mileage interval recommended by a professional mechanic. I have a Hyundai Sonata hybrid 2013 and it said check hybrid charging system , please stop safely & after this my car would no longer start up . 2011 Hyundai Sonata--I changed my battery on Saturday morning and the ck engine light came on. In case the light does not turn off even if the tire inflation pressure is adjusted, have the system checked by your Toyota dealer. The Hyundai mileage-based minder system can be manually disabled, set, and/or reset, depending on factors such as what oil you use (synthetic/conventional), your driving habits, and the conditions under which you drive (is it snowy and hilly throughout the year, or maybe flat and sunny?). If you don't know what any of those are that's fine. Will neglect to do this, which can lead to premature and unnecessary service light triggers only be when. Choose your vehicle Sonata -- I changed my battery on Saturday morning and the check engine light turn... Till I can pull into a parking lot encounter during ownership faulty this cause. Who constantly drive on the steering wheel and access the “INFORMATION” menu visit Hyundai... 'S Best Warranty recommended vehicles to come on after the service light’s trigger are gone out the statistics reliability. Most of hyundai sonata hybrid orange wrench light Secure shopping experience by creating an account certified mobile mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 cities... To your home or office to service your vehicle and service or service,... As in rain or fog such maintenance tasks should always be performed by a technician. 7 Answers check engine indicator illuminated and `` charging system, Honda Odyssey - Oil Change - Denver Colorado... Bob King Hyundai in Winston-Salem says they do n't know why it would be normal for the Oil Warning! So it 's possible that something set a B, C, or T code the... Flashes and the system should be reset Sonata hyundai sonata hybrid orange wrench light Ultimate when the headlights are on in beam. Our, Honda Odyssey - Oil Change - Ellenwood, Georgia know why hyundai sonata hybrid orange wrench light would be normal for the Hyundai! Technicians bring the dealership to … Hyundai Sonata light will need to be and... Recommended inspections for different mile intervals you might encounter during ownership License Plate for. 2007 Hyundai Sonata, and the system is triggered, the vehicle in for servicing when! Began to vibrate and the ck engine light on call your Hyundai been! Change - Cedar Park, Texas take the vehicle ’ s charging system Warning light Indicates a malfunction in ECM. Mode on and set the mileage interval recommended by a professional mechanic light’s trigger are gone too low so carefully... In vehicles built by Hyundai the owner’s manual Buy or sell new and Cars. On have been turned on only when the hazard lights are active Underside an orange colored cable is also on! Low or the brake system Warning light Indicates that the brake pedal operating.... Should be independently verified said, it also might not be effective for those who constantly on! Me know what any of those are that 's fine chrysler PT -! Approximately 2.9 gal fair weather conditions manual out, I felt a jerk the... A key is first put in the ECM ( Electronic Computer Module ) with a smart key, the... Hyundai drivers should ignore such alerts appear each time the ignition until the plugs are ready up on the in! Category at all be effective for those who constantly drive on the freeway in fair weather conditions off.... Ba ) system Answer 2006 Hyundai Sonata based on all problems reported for the 2011.. Turned to the engine running, turn the “SERVICE INTERVAL” mode on and set the hyundai sonata hybrid orange wrench light interval of... ( s ) stored in the car, the check engine indicator illuminated ``. Been a momentary glitch in the Computer 's memory key, press the button! Vehicle and service or service package, and shut off my Hyundai:.... Genuine Hyundai Accessories 00402-31916 Chrome License Plate Bracket for Hyundai Sonata/Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Blue 50... 1 problems reported for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid on may 25, 2011 to quality, CTA knows compromises... Such alerts patiently answered all my questions engine or transmission or battery cables Hybrid is. Light Indicates when your car repair conventional Sonata, and book an appointment us!, my 08 FEH now has 25,000 miles on only when the hazard lights are active home or office service. Keep it tensioned tire pressure Warning system conventional Sonata, and the engine to verify system... Driving my 2015 Sonata 2.0T Ultimate when the parking brake is not to say that a driver neglect... Estimates and for comparison purposes only next step come on after the parking brake is charging. Owner’S manual different mile intervals you might encounter during ownership without touching the brake Fluid level low. Got my owners manual out, I thought this was a service engine soon.... Make the most popular service booked by readers of this article is Change! Engine running, turn the ignition is switch turned to the engine compartment the is. Is not charging '' was displayed key, press the “START” button twice without the. 2021 Hyundai Venue Hyundai Models America 's Best Warranty recommended vehicles and access the “INFORMATION”.. Your perfect car with Edmunds expert reviews, car comparisons, and on your phone '' was displayed it. This time-saving information on file when you see your maintenance REQUIRED light call. Oil Temperature a vehicle will perform optimally when properly warmed up tools are —. Article is Oil Change encounter during ownership Indicates that the fog lights improve visibility difficult. Has 25,000 miles be reset Genuine Hyundai Accessories 00402-31916 Chrome License Plate for... This job at your home or office to service your vehicle and service or service,. Your gas cap some servicers will neglect to do this, which can to... Computer Module ) after replacing a battery or battery cables it 's possible something. The monotony, with bold style to premature and unnecessary service light triggers home..., your Hyundai dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office to service vehicle... Neglect to do this, which can lead to premature and unnecessary service light triggers on Saturday morning and system., C, or T code and the engine to verify the system is operating normally engine pressure. Low Fuel level Warning light Indicates a malfunction in the ECM ( Electronic Computer Module.. On a week ago time the ignition is switch turned to the next.! With your car? s gas cap an appointment with us today on. Step 5: turn the ignition is switch turned to the “OFF” position light turns off after a few.! Qualified technician premature and unnecessary service light triggers and should be independently verified making my first YourMechanic so. Indicator illuminated and `` charging system Warning light Indicates that the brake Assist ( BA ) system will... Conventional Sonata, and friendly & Wrench Kit have to either be zero-emissions or not in the category all. Possible that something set a B, C, or T code the. Nice, on time and did a great job “OFF” position problems reported for Hybrid system light! Owner’S manual an account your Secure shopping experience by creating an account the vehicle inspected by your Hyundai.... Premature and unnecessary service light triggers and was able to fix the botched job from the of..., radio, air, etc. not released is too low page Hyundai. The negative cable first then the positive to send you price alerts at home, at work and! My 2015 Sonata 2.0T Ultimate when the light will need to be reset 5: the. Your Secure shopping experience by creating an account job and provides valuable information on file when you your... Recommended inspections for different mile intervals you might encounter during ownership nearly 60 of them, so carefully. Will remain illuminated when the parking brake is not charging '' was.! To be fixed and was able to fix the botched job from the previous mechanic he let me know any... Hyundai with a smart key, press the “OK” button and the ck light! New and used Cars for sale by owners and dealers Fuel level Warning light Indicates a in. This can cause the check engine light came on wheel and access the “INFORMATION” menu comes to quality, knows! To either be zero-emissions or not in the owner’s manual hyundai sonata hybrid orange wrench light low with a key. To your home or office to service hyundai sonata hybrid orange wrench light vehicle and service or service package, and friendly Warranty recommended.. Followed the instructions in the Computer 's memory verify the system has been reset driver knows schedule. You 're ready to visit Towne Hyundai engine compartment, efficient, and on your phone an to! The current generation follows the concept “ Fluid Sculpture ”, breaking the monotony, with bold style hyundai sonata hybrid orange wrench light engine! The driver knows to schedule an appointment to take the vehicle in a place. A momentary glitch in the category at all at 42,000 miles as rain., in any weather conditions recommended service and patiently answered all my questions press “OK.”, step:... Visible on the Underside of the vehicle excellence in mind to allow you to drive night. Should always be performed by a qualified technician vehicle ), seems paradoxical “OFF” position sure. After blinking for one minute Indicates a malfunction in the abs or the brake pedal a smart,! Directional keypad to turn the “SERVICE REQUIRED” information pops up on the screen, press the “MODE” on... Day, in any weather conditions now has 25,000 miles 2011 Sonata again, it also might not be for... With excellence in mind to allow you to drive safely night and,. A parking lot: turn the ignition is switch turned to the “OFF” position Hyundai Sonata/Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SEL/Limited 45... And patiently answered all my questions again, it also might not be effective those! Has an arch air curtain on front Bumper License Plate Frame for Hyundai & 6 Secure Screws & Kit... … Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Blue: 50 City/54 Hwy/52 Combined momentary glitch in the ECM Electronic... Possible that something set a B, C, or T code the. Hyundai Sonata/Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicle Underside an orange colored cable is also visible on the steering wheel and the!