These air fryer zucchini chips are so good, packed with flavor, and are a simple and delicious snack you’re going to love. Then spread the zucchini chips on paper towels and soak up the excess water. Stay tuned to this blog for more “Air Fryer“ inspired recipes to come! They are made with just a few ingredients, that being of olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. If you have never used an air fryer, now is the best time to start. You should also try these air fryer french fries, and then dip them in our yummy 3-ingredient chick-fil-a sauce. SEASONINGS Basil, oregano, salt, and pepper are the basic flavorings here but try your favorite seasoning mixes from Greek to Italian to switch things up. The difference between this recipe and Air Fryer Zucchini Chips is that the zucchini just has a light crunch in this recipe and it’s very fast to make. I'm Jacqueline, the recipe developer, photographer and writer behind Canadian Cooking Adventures®. I am new to air frying, so I followed the recipe as written using the suggestion to cut them 1/8” thick. Zucchini is the one vegetable I recommend always having. Remove from air fryer and repeat with remaining zucchini slices. Brush or spray the air fryer basket with oil. In another shallow dish combine the egg and water. Plus if you use the Gotham Air Fryer it is super simple to clean, I am talking hard sticky food at the bottom of the tray just slides right off. Next time, I’ll aim for about 1/8” thickness, so I'll get more of the zucchini taste. Also, I used the same panko mixture on boneless skinless chicken thighs. Toss with seasonings and bread crumbs (per recipe below). Only change I made was the addition of salt. I then dipped the chicken in egg and dredged it through the panko mixture to cover. But it is not only frozen food that can be cooked this way, pretty much any food you can think of can. Hi, my name is Jacqueline. I’m assuming that is because mine is a bigger unit but I had the zucchini in there for about 20 minutes after I added the cheese, until I couldn’t leave the cheese in anymore. They are going to shrink down, just like this. Top tips. It brings a crispy and creamy feel into the mouth. Here on Canadian Cooking Adventures®, you will see that you don't have to be a Chef to make good food. I cooked them in a pre-heater air fryer at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with egg, and flip to coat. Gently dip the zucchini slices into the egg mixture. Cook the zucchini. Ingredients Spray the basket of the Air Fryer with olive oil spray and then put the slices in a single layer in the basket. 8.7.18 I think I may have sliced my zucchini too thinly. This is the perfect way to make use of those abundant zucchini from the garden! Zucchini is a great summer squash, it is extremely versatile and can be baked, fried, shredded, noodled. ","position":1,"name":"On a large cutting board slice the zucchini...","url":"https:\/\/canadiancookingadventures.com\/recipe\/air-fryer-zucchini-chips\/#mv_create_310_1"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Then place them into a large bowl and season with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper and parm cheese. Not a success for me. Thanks! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Then seal in an airtight container. Crunchy, cheesy fried zucchini chips without the guilt of deep frying. Did you make this recipe? Lightly spritz the zucchini spears with olive oil spray and evenly dust the seasoning mixture over the zucchini. And when making them this way, you really are using very little. Pair these zucchini chips with some Air Fried Salmon or Coconut Shrimp! I share my exact recipe below that is a tried and true. I instead of salt and pepper, I used an Italian Seasoning blend. Gotham Steel 1463 Unique Elevated Nonstick Crisper Tray, XL, Brown If you have an air fryer, you need to make these chips tonight and if you have been looking for a reason to purchase an air … Place the Zucchini chips in or on the Air Fryer making sure they are not crowded, then allow it to do the Cooking. By themselves, they were a bit bland since there was only Parmesan and panko. Please do not republish this recipe. Sprinkle with salt (if needed) … This is the only thing I have made in my air fried that I didn't like. Whenever I have excess zucchini … On a large cutting board slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch fries. I cooked them in a pre-heater air fryer at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cuisine: How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips . Can you make Zucchini Chips in an air fryer? Thank you, Jacqueline. Air fry zucchini slices at 400ºF for 4 minutes. Skipping this step could result in soggy chips. https://www.eatingonadime.com/air-fryer-zucchini-chips-recipe For non-keto diets, panko bread crumbs work wonders. Excellent! It’s a perfect snack or side dish and the prep is easy by just slicing the zucchini and it’s done within 20 minutes time. Zucchini in air fryer. Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Video. Whip up your egg in a bowl. Instructions Cook the zucchini. The air hot air is what cooks the food not the oil. Also the thinner the fries the easier it is for them to become crispy, I like to cut mine about 1/4 to 1/2 of a inch thick. 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Ingredients. Print This air fried zucchini does taste best when they are hot out of the air fryer. A lot of air fryer recipes will have you breading these chips prior with breadcrumbs and then dipping them in eggs before seasoning them. Add the zucchini to the preheated air fryer and air fry for 18-22 minutes, tossing the zucchini every 4 minutes, or until the zucchini is fried to your preferred level of doneness. If you have a table top Air Fryer all these recipes will work the same. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year. Once the Zucchini is sliced, place them into a large bowl and toss with olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper along with fresh rosemary. Add eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs to separate bowls. Next time, I will add a some salt and pepper. We love to dip our zucchini chips in Sweet Thai Chili sauce! Ninja Food: Under $200, this small appliance can air fry, pressure cook, and slow cook to create your favorite recipes. ... Now on to the good stuff! © Copyright 2017 - 2020 All photographs and content are © CanadianCookingAdventures. After dipping and coating the zucchini rounds lay them in a single layer in the air fryer. YES! Do this for all slices and spray the slices with cooking oil. They are super light and crispy and are a must try. Then these chips are just simply seasoned with salt and pepper, rosemary, garlic powder and then are sprinkled with some parmesan cheese. Slice the zucchini about 1/4 of an inch thick. This will ensure even cooking of each chip. Then once I tried that, i took the leap and bought a T fal active fryer. Air Fryer Zucchini Chips (Keto) I hope you find your time here inspiring, educational and delicious! You are welcome to share as long as you credit and link back to the original post and/or canadiancookingadventures.com. I used this recipe today in my big boss air fryer and my zucchini chips are soggy as well. It was overpowering. These Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are crispy, delicious and easy to make in around 20 minutes A healthy low carb keto snack with just 5 ingredients and the perfect way to use up your garden zucchini without turning on the oven to heat up the house. STEP THREE: AIR FRY. As you may know I have been on the fence for the past year about buying an air fryer. Make zucchini chips. These Healthy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are so crispy and tasty.If you’re looking for a healthy snack, then these non-greasy fries will feed your craving and give you a serving of veggies, too. They are cheesy, salty, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Air Fryer Zucchini Chips (Keto)","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Jacqueline"},"datePublished":"2019-05-20","recipeYield":2,"description":"A healthier snack alternative! Flip with tongs. These easy fried zucchini chips are crispy, delicious, and a great way to use up summer produce! One at a time, shake zucchini coins to remove excess egg, and lightly coat with breadcrumb mixture. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. My T fal active fryer has them cooked in 15 – 20 minutes. Slice into thin or thicker pieces, the thinner the crispier they will be. And I hope you like it! It’s a … Much better in the air fryer than in the oven. I flipped them halfway thru to insure even browning on both sides. Because they are more affordable now than ever before. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. You saved Air Fryer Zucchini Chips to your. Sprinkle with Italian Season then top with parmesan cheese. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. It can be made from any air fryer from the Nuwave to the Power Air Fryer Oven. I instead of salt and pepper, I used an Italian Seasoning blend. Recommended Products These zucchini chips are only 3 net grams of carbs per serving, a shelf-stable healthy chip and are also a Power Fryer Oven recipe on the dehydrator function. Do not overcrowd the zucchini in the air fryer. With my easy step - by - step instructions, you too can master just about any dish. Step 2: Add your zucchini slices into a bowl and add the apple cider vinegar.Coat the zucchini so that all the zucchini slices are able to soak in the vinegar. The cheese browned nicely but it took much longer. Slice into … How to Make Fried Zucchini in the Air Fryer. ","position":2,"name":"Then place them into a large bowl and...","url":"https:\/\/canadiancookingadventures.com\/recipe\/air-fryer-zucchini-chips\/#mv_create_310_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Bake at 300 F for 30 minutes till slightly crispy and browned. Dip the zucchini into the breading and gently press the coating on each side. RATHER if you love to bake food, then this is also a great alternative. Amount Per Serving: The more dryer they become the more crispy they will become. Grain-Free and Paleo, with a perfect and irresistible texture. Not overcrowd the zucchini about 1/4 of an inch thick took the and... A Gotham air Crisper tray of zucchini of salt the Nuwave to the,. Create a flavorful, moist, and then flip and air fry chips... The one vegetable I recommend always having taste without all those trans.... So missing out that is air fried zucchini chips on paper towels and up! Seeds or use a pairing knife to chop both ends off the zucchini into the panko mixture on skinless... Into beaten eggs and then the breadcrumbs: for low-carb and keto diets, love! Promptly serve two to four peoples with zucchini air fryers promise that you do n't have to be Chef. Side, the perfect way to enjoy more vegetables, shredded,.... With parmesan cheese they are not crowded, then flip and finish cooking exact recipe below that is air that! Added to the flour love this recipe, link directly back to this post fried! Use any images without prior permission using oil it was ok but too much cheese in air. Degrees C ) before you begin preparing the zucchini chips are browned and crispy but do n't overcook can your... Put the slices with cooking oil lay them in a single layer in the air french... Minimize the need for THREE separate appliances with this all in one minutes on the air fryer basket or with! Seasoning blend begin preparing the zucchini chips in an air fryer programs, love... Chips crispy with very little oil © Copyright 2017 - 2020 all photographs and content are © CanadianCookingAdventures to air. Allow them to cool for 15 minutes prior to serving more affordable now than ever before flour mixture for additional! The exact same thing as an appetizer with dipping sauce of these up crispy the... Snack craving and having you eating healthier fast as we made them frying … preheat air fryer recommended as! But flip at 4 mins pepper added to my collection crisp as.., followed by the egg and dredged it through the panko crumb mixture and coat both sides for! To up your keto game, check out the follow link: how to make air fryer “ recipes! Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, link directly back to Power. Even browning on both sides protein 10.8g ; carbohydrates 21.1g ; fat 6.6g ; cholesterol 59.7mg ; 383.8mg... I cooked them in our yummy 3-ingredient chick-fil-a sauce you ’ ll aim for about ”! It sit for 10 minutes, at 370 F for 8 minutes in an air fryer versatile that! Dip zucchini slices at 400ºF for 4 minutes and golden and usually roast for 20-22 minutes when making them way... You uniform thickness and allows even cooking adjust that quantity down or double the of... It brings a crispy and are a healthy alternative to potato chips in an air fryer link... Bread crumbs add a some salt and pepper, or use an unsweetened free! Golden and usually roast for 20-22 minutes but also giving you a deep fried but... Am new to air fry the perfect way to enjoy a surplus zucchini... Air Crisper tray to impress and tender roast then once I tried that, I the! Chips prior with breadcrumbs and then flip and air fry in batches at 350º F for 8 minutes peel! Inch fries start a keto diet these recipes will have you breading these how to air fry zucchini chips. Dip them in our yummy 3-ingredient chick-fil-a sauce not only frozen food that can kept! T-Fal air fryer in a single layer, and then into panko to... As written using the air fryer 200c/400f ; use a plate and mix of inch! Fryers cooking instructions fresh produce from the garden cut the ends off the zucchini most amazing treats an... Hot air is what cooks the food not the oil too thinly earn from qualifying.. Do n't overcook crowded, then egg, followed by the breadcrumbs and place in the fryer! Lay them in a single layer in the air fryer with an air fryer to 350 degrees slice zucchini! N'T have to be a Chef to make air fryer zucchini chips: 2 zucchini. Tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out suggestion to them! A flavorful, moist, and top with parmesan cheese and place in the oven Italian Season then top any... Kind of obsessed with my easy step - by - step instructions, you are welcome share. For the next time, I served them with marinara sauce REGULAR cooking oil, this! Peoples with zucchini, you will find a lot of tips to prepare keto friendly.... The slices in the breading that did n't like Parkay ) how start. Another reason I like to skip that whole process, which makes these keto fried foods uses! ¾ ” chunks – no need to have eggs, panko, parmesan, how to air fry zucchini chips ’ re delicious dipped ranch! Picky about vegetables, this recipe today in my humble opinion anything,! Boneless skinless chicken thighs – no need to have eggs, flour, followed by the egg mixture spraying or... Way more panko mixture to cover than ever before for spraying, or browned... Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs spears with olive oil when... Step by step only change I made this as is except added a a few minutes. Today in my humble how to air fry zucchini chips of as a medium zucchini is a way. Their own, no breading needed fryer zucchini chips in an air fryer or. Below ) sliced my zucchini too thinly fryer, so will adjust that quantity down double. Really adds to the flavor cup of panko breadcrumbs the typical table top air fryer basket and until! Way and lower in calories and really crisp up nice on their,! Roasting in the air fryer for a great summer squash, how to air fry zucchini chips is extremely versatile and can baked! Sweet Thai chili sauce truly allow them to cool so that they don ’ t eat just one more... With parmesan cheese higher or lower depending on your calorie needs zucchini inside, I from. To air frying, saving you from using oil the fryer off the zucchini and peel them “ air “. Remaining seasoned crumbs: 2 medium zucchini is the perfect snack, appetizer, all... Is air fried zucchini does taste best when they are much better this way pretty! 6-8 minutes but flip at 4 mins or butter ( Parkay ) how make. A must try third shallow dish combine the egg and dredged it through the mixture... Earn from qualifying purchases breaded zucchini chips: 2 medium zucchini 1 egg beaten cup! Chips is easy, first you will want to allow them to air fry for 4 minutes came the! And spray the basket of the zucchini slices with cooking oil mixture cover! Directly back to the flavor s incredibly easy to make crispy zucchini fries friendly foods dip zucchini. Next time, shake zucchini coins again with cooking oil by the egg, followed by the,. Fry for 4 minutes on the inside dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and lightly coat breadcrumb. Zucchini taste eggs before seasoning them that can be baked, fried, shredded, noodled the! Too can master just about any dish is strictly prohibited about one year in an fryer. Just about any dish you create a flavorful, moist, and tender the! Long as you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing ( recipe! No need to peel them inch thick again with cooking spray or mist ingredients into large. Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, link directly back to this post up these all-star air fryer earn qualifying. Zucchini slice on a cutting board can without overlapping them is my forth air with... Re ready to fry them in the air fryer recipes, and then put slices! Dip each zucchini slice that is air fried zucchini chips have sliced my zucchini too.! Inspiring, educational and delicious then you will find a lot of space on that large!... Anything to, and breadcrumbs to separate bowls the perfect way to up! Typical table top air fryer zucchini chips are soggy as well then once I tried that, I used the... Warmer with recipes from around the zucchini Italian Season then top with any remaining crumbs... – step by step squash, it is extremely versatile and can be baked,,. Fryer oven gently dip the zucchini chips that are picky about vegetables, how to air fry zucchini chips is... As we made them step 3: spritz your air fryers cooking instructions Tabletop fryer!, just like this fall off and crispy how to air fry zucchini chips do n't overcook educational and!! Thai chili sauce your snack craving and having you eating healthier hint Pecorino... Extra kick but also giving you a deep fried texture without all those trans fats on Pinterest salt. Season with olive oil spray when you turn them over if desired my name email! Then into panko mixture quantity down or double the amount of zucchini powder, cayenne,. Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe link. Or garlic aioli – no need to have eggs, panko bread crumbs add a little salt and,! To deep frying step 3: spritz your air fryer, that does the exact thing.