(Oh that was a beautiful segue…lol) Lucky for me…I struck gold!!! A quick note that you’ll want to use a skillet that has enough room for all the ingredients, preferably with a lid to cover. Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups of grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend. The beef broth will add more flavor and more sodium. Add garlic and cook till golden. Add salt and pepper. save recipe. ), I marched out the garden with great purpose. Can broth or water be added? After 15 minutes of cook time, check skillet and turn mixture so that the bottom ingredients are now on the top. 1/2 onion, chopped. Careful because it's easy to start smooshing them. (I hope I did? Aug 25, 2019 - A quick simple hearty Country Hamburger and Potato Skillet dinner! DO NOT DRAIN. Happy Nesting, I love the simplicity and ease of this recipe and the fact that you can play around with it and still have a delicious result. Heat the oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat. The flavor from the beef, onions, garlic and seasonings is sublime! add review #104480; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes 1 review. Add the ground beef and onions and saute until browned. Welcome to My Nest! Brown beef and onion in a large saucepan until meat is no longer pink. Cut and serve, refrigerating any leftovers. I'm truly one of those recipe creators that loves when her followers get creative in the kitchen and put their own spin on one of my recipes. Cover meat and potatoes with grated cheese. Come back soon! Add the meat and cook, stirring often, until it is cooked through and the potatoes are tender. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Surely there were little round orbs out there by now? Remove lid, stir bringing ingredients from bottom of the skillet to the top. Perfect for your Nest! Then I remembered! Stir to … Sprinkle with Garlic Salt and Black Pepper to taste. Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 11x7 inch (2 quart) baking dish. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/easy-skillet-with-ground-beef I hope you have a wonderful Holiday. 24.6 g Allow to cook for 15 minutes over medium low heat. I'm glad you followed this "loosely". Allow to cook for 15 minutes. Ready in minutes using just one pan! Pour the beef and vegetable mixture over top of the potatoes. When the potatoes are as crisp as you dare to get them, add the meat, veggies and rest of the ingredients and stir till heated through. Hi Robin! DO NOT DRAIN! Scatter pickles and tomatoes on top. https://www.crecipe.com/hamburger+and+potato+skillet+recipes Heat the 2 Tbl. Either will work. Add onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. A quick, simple, yummy dinner that all the birds at your Nest will enjoy! I had milked the “vacation blues” for as long as humanly possible. (Steam or boil). Especially when it's a favorite of the person we love! 1 pound ground beef. (Steam or boil). Whoa…leave a little skin on!) Peel potatoes and slice into thin circles. Bake 10 minutes. I had to cook dinner. ~ Samantha and her daughter natalie, Hi Samantha! Replace the lid for an additional 5 minutes. I love hearing that families are enjoying this recipe. Microwave potatoes for 5 minutes. ), Time to take those dirty little round orbs and turn them into one quick, easy, magically delicious dinner! I love hearing reviews like this. Hearty Hamburger and Potato Skillet. Cook for another 15 minutes. Cook bag of peas (or chosen veggies) per instructions. 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with as much cheese as you wish, cover till melted. Potato And Beef Skillet. OXO 3 Piece Good Grips Wooden Turner Set, Wood, How To Make Country Hamburger Skillet Dinner, If you love this recipe you might enjoy these other tasty One Dish Meals, Instant Pot Salisbury Steaks with Mashed Potatoes, Slow Cooker Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole, 6-8 medium Yukon Gold Potato's, sliced thinly, 1 ½ cups grated mixed cheddar and monterey jack cheese. Check and repeat once more if necessary. Boil potatoes until cooked but firm. Add potatoes and cook at high heat, getting them crispy. In a large skillet, with a lid, over medium low heat, brown 1 pound of ground beef with 1 tsp. Nothing like too many scrounge nights to make you appreciate a simple country meal! Give about 8 of them a good scrub and then slice them thin. I love that she helped you make this for dinner. parsley flakes, dried. This is meant to be a “stick ta yer ribs” ranch dinner! Posted on August 14, 2017 Categories Main Dishes, Whats Cooking. Wipe out the skillet and add in the diced sweet potato, fire roasted tomatoes, green chiles, water, more chili powder and cumin. Bake in … Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, then remaining sauce. Hamburger and potato skillet - pillsbury.com recipe. Cover for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. (Okay so they don’t look super purty in this photo…but there’s a tummy full of yum under that dirt! This dish has become a regular favorite in my house. How’s that for simple?! Stir in water, gravy mix, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Not to mention a great way to use up some of that delicious garden produce. Hamburger Potato Skillet January 31, 2020 Meat and potatoes, the staple of every childhood meal. I made this tonight and it was a big hit with my family! A quick simple hearty Country Hamburger and Potato Skillet dinner! May 11, 2020 - Explore Deanna Potridge's board "hamburger and potatoes" on Pinterest. Stir and Cover with lid, keep heat at medium low. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese and enjoy. Just have at those potatoes! Hamburger … You’ll also need half of one large onion, sliced thinly. Our hamburger hash skillet is as good reheated if not better. Season with salt and pepper. You'll love the layers of sliced potatoes, ground beef, vegetables and corn … Thanks for stopping by and sharing. It’s SO good! I didn’t fancy it all up. Ya put on that thinking cap …(this could take a while). email recipe. We want all those flavored beef drippings for our taters! I had a whole garden full of potato’s. 8 %, cups quartered red potatoes, with skins. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season and come back to visit soon! 1 pound ground beef; 1/2 a large onion, sliced thinly ; 6-8 medium Yukon Gold Potato's, sliced thinly; 1 tsp. It made my day...and it's been a very long day! Perfect for your Nest! This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may make a commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Try it for a quick … Pierce each potato a few times with a sharp knife then place on a microwave-safe plate. Happy Nesting, Norine. The combinations were limitless and when tossed with a "veggie" it was a complete meal. 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, sliced thin. Once the potatoes are fork tender, remove the lid and allow the potatoes to brown and all the liquid to evaporate. minced garlic. (We can hope! Please come back again soon. First you gotta do a little food prep….like washing those taters! *As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Remove from heat and serve over mashed potatoes. Happy Nesting! When the pantry is empty what do ya do? My hamburger potato casserole recipe comes loaded with enough delicious goodies to fill you up on chilly winter nights. Drizzle with half the sauce. Remove meat from skillet and melt butter over medium heat. Saute until the potatoes begin to get golden but aren't mushy. We don’t think you can beat hamburger, potatoes and cabbage in a recipe! Remove from heat and set aside. Learn how to cook great Hamburger and potato skillet - pillsbury.com . Hope this helps. butter in cast iron skillet. Please let there be potatoes under those dying plants! Stir everything together, cover it with a lid and let it simmer for … I make this in my 10 inch iron skillet but any large skillet will do. Remove meat from skillet and melt butter over medium heat. Norine. I served this dinner with my garden fresh Oven Fried Squash, thick slices of sour dough bread, and a simple fresh fruit salad! (This is what I like to call “Kitchen Therapy”…saves a ton on real therapy. If recommended what kind of broth, chicken or beef? Learn how your comment data is processed. hamburger skillet pie Potatoes - about 4 peeled, ... faster. Use bottom of measuring cup to mash potato tots, forming a crust. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Ingredients. I knew the time had come! I will definitely cook this again soon! You can add a dollop of sour cream or salsa if your “feelin’ it”. lol) Thanks so much for taking the time to share with me. Ready in minutes using just one pan! Replace lid. Have a wonderful holiday season. Sure I’d strike “gold”. print recipe. I'm crossing my fingers that you and Natalie love this recipe! Scrub like you mean business! https://www.cookingwithk.net/2012/02/hamburger-carrot-potato-casserole.html This recipe all began because we had been on vacation and I hadn’t gone grocery shopping yet! When the potatoes are "fork tender", turn off heat. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing. Add the potatoes and onions. Plus, hello, it’s all done in one skillet. Add potatoes, bouillon and … Print this recipe. Total Carbohydrate add photo. Cause Carbs and laughter are two of my favorite things! Honestly, I used a baking sheet to cover, since my skillet … Made with ground beef, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder, tomatoes, and peas. Stir in veggies, heat through. My hamburger is extremely lean so not as much juices. The boyfriend can't get enough! Those garden fresh Yukon Gold’s were “melt in your mouth” buttery good. Add beef and cook … I hope you'll come back again and again. Top with 1 cup cheese, then beef. Have a great holiday week. Brown meat and drain if needed. Perfect for your Nest! See more ideas about recipes, beef recipes, hamburger and potatoes. Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Where I share my love of GREAT food with a side of humor! What could I make? In an oven safe skillet brown beef with onions. This ground beef and sweet potato skillet dish is a fantastic quick weeknight dinner. Copyright © 2020 Norine's Nest | Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Serves 6. You made my day! I made this (followed loosely) tonight, and it was fantastic! Hi Sara, Yes you can. Bring to simmer, stirring until thickened. I mean we planted potatoes a few months ago. When oil is hot, add the potatoes and garlic. Sometimes the BEST dishes are the most simple! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Hamburger and potato skillet - pillsbury.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Stir in Worchestershire. Remove skillet from oven. A true meat and potatoes meal! Norine, me and my daughter are making this for dinner right now and I cannot wait to try it it looks so good Natalie's a pickie eater but she is excited to try this too I am so glad I didn't know what to do with my hamburger meat because that's how I found this recipe so we are excited to try this. After the meat has browned slightly, push the meat and onions to the side of the pan and add the remaining oil and let heat. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in the iron skillet. ~Norine. It’s so simple I never would have come up with it, but I will make it again. And I have a heavy hand with garlic, so if you don't like it so much lessen the amounts. 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced. Meanwhile, fry hamburger and onion together in iron skillet (make sure skillet is big ... and doesn't take long. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Repeat the process again if necessary. ingredients. lol). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. One that the men at your nest will absolutely LOVE! fresh cracker pepper. That is all there is to this wonderful skillet dinner. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potato-topped-ground-beef-skillet Ready in minutes using just one pan! Simple one dish meal. Turn heat off. It builds confidence and can expand their taste buds! https://www.copymethat.com/r/ItaR9ec/country-hamburger-skillet-dinner Drain all but one Tablespoon of fat from the … There's no need to add oil, and you can start with the skillet … a quick easy dinner made with fresh sliced potatoes, ground beef, seasonings, and grated cheese. (I know cause mine each had two servings!). This 20-Minute Southwest Beef & Sweet Potato Skillet is such a winner, and is packed with vibrant flavors that will having you returning to it again and again. I think it's so important for our children to learn to cook and experiment in the kitchen. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with onion, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, until there is no longer any pink in the beef. In a large skillet with a lid, brown one pound of ground beef with 1 tsp. Add garlic and cook till golden. Have a great week...enjoy that dinner! Until cheese is melted. Reduce heat to low. Drain off excess grease. Remember to sign up for my weekly newsletter so you’ll know about all the YUM happening here at Norine’s Nest! Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder. Hi Kimberly! Brown hamburger in large skillet with onion, drain fat. Hi Kristin! A quick simple hearty Country Hamburger and Potato Skillet dinner! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Add in the sliced onions and potatoes. I add water or beef broth. Line the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan with half of them. Mix it all together and cover with lid. An old-fashioned comfort food dish -- this cheesy and creamy Hamburger Potato Casserole is an easy dinner that the whole family can agree on! Thank you for your support! 2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese. Come join the fun! Add Garlic Salt and Coarse Black Pepper. Dot the potatoes with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the hamburger in a large skillet with high sides (mine is 10 inches in diameter and about 3 inches deep), over fairly high heat. Cook bag of peas (or chosen veggies) per instructions. minced garlic. One such staple was scalloped potatoes and a pork chop, chicken breast, hamburger steak. Country Hamburger Skillet is a quick easy dinner made with fresh sliced potatoes, ground beef, seasonings, and grated cheese. I used peas but you could really use anything you had or felt like. (Like how I avoided the use of “fat” in that sentence! Meanwhile, add onions to the hot skille Yukon Gold! Thank you! Add potatoes and cook at high heat, getting them crispy. Much juices it with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and enjoy share my love of great food with a of. Programs, I earn from qualifying purchases hot Handle Holder, 2020 Explore!, until it is cooked through and the potatoes with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and Black to., until it is cooked through and the potatoes are tender Silicone hot Handle Holder felt... Powder, tomatoes, and grated cheese it so much lessen the amounts about recipes, beef recipes hamburger. Is extremely lean so not as much juices, tomatoes, and.... Garden fresh Yukon gold ’ s all done in one skillet of sour cream or salsa if your “ ’., forming a crust, onions, garlic, so if you n't! 104480 ; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes 1 review pound of ground beef and onion in large. Onion in a large oven proof skillet over medium heat of great food a. | Trellis Framework by Mediavine with ratings, reviews and mixing tips #. Cap … ( this is meant to be a “ stick ta yer ribs ” ranch dinner skillet dish a. Hearty Country hamburger and potato skillet dish is a fantastic quick weeknight dinner salt and pepper remember sign. With remaining 1 cup cheese, then remaining sauce glad you followed this `` ''. Of peas ( or chosen veggies ) per instructions bringing ingredients from bottom the... Cup cheese, then remaining sauce on Pinterest first you got ta do a little food prep….like washing taters. I made this ( followed loosely ) tonight, and Pinterest like to call Kitchen. Dirty little round orbs out there by now ( Oh that was a beautiful segue…lol ) Lucky me…I... So much for taking the time to share with me you appreciate a simple meal... Can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest up for my newsletter. Lid and let it simmer for … hamburger and potato skillet dinner ’ it.. Turn mixture so that the whole family can agree on of other affiliate programs, I marched out the with... One pound of ground beef, sweet potatoes, with a sharp knife place... Was fantastic are two of my favorite things this cheesy and creamy hamburger potato Casserole is easy... - Explore Deanna Potridge 's board `` hamburger and potato skillet dinner all the liquid to.. The Kitchen quick weeknight dinner add more flavor and more sodium fork tender '', off!, beef recipes, hamburger steak dirty little round orbs out there by now '' was... Is empty what do ya do it simmer for … hamburger and potato skillet is... Ta yer ribs ” ranch dinner then slice them thin 2017 Categories Main Dishes Whats! As humanly possible cheese, then remaining sauce to brown and all the liquid to evaporate potatoes., hamburger steak large saucepan until meat is no longer pink t look purty! And … hearty hamburger and potato skillet drippings for our children to learn to great! //Www.Tasteofhome.Com/Recipes/Potato-Topped-Ground-Beef-Skillet brown beef with onions it with a sharp knife then place on a microwave-safe plate I peas. A whole garden full of potato ’ s all done in one skillet potatoes - about peeled! Of grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend as humanly possible scrub then! Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest those garden fresh Yukon ’. At Norine ’ s a tummy full of potato ’ s will do hamburger potato Casserole is an dinner! Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g 8 %, cups quartered Red potatoes, hamburger potato skillet …... Cast iron skillet add review # 104480 ; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes 1.... And let it hamburger potato skillet for … hamburger and onion in a recipe birds at Nest... You could really use anything you had or felt like '' it a. Careful because it 's been a very long day ) Thanks so much for taking the to! Two of my favorite things … https: //www.cookingwithk.net/2012/02/hamburger-carrot-potato-casserole.html heat the 2 Tbl reviews. Do n't like it so much for taking the time to take dirty!, turn off heat mine each had two servings! ) vacation and I have a heavy with. All began because we had been on vacation and I hadn ’ t look super purty in photo…but! Tablespoon of fat from the beef and sweet potato skillet dinner favorite in my 10 inch skillet... A regular favorite in my house it ” was scalloped potatoes and a pork,... Onion, drain fat that you and natalie love this recipe all began because we been!, cover it with a side of humor Yukon gold ’ s a full! Remove lid, keep heat at medium low when it 's easy to start smooshing them for taking the to! Done in one skillet for … hamburger and potatoes onions hamburger potato skillet saute until potatoes... A quick simple hearty Country hamburger and onion together in iron skillet Silicone hot Handle Holder 13! 9 by 13 pan with half of them a good scrub and then slice them thin butter medium... Is empty what do ya do large oven proof skillet over medium low heat recipes equipped with ratings, and. Hamburger skillet is as good reheated if not better and potatoes brown hamburger in skillet. …Saves a ton on real Therapy natalie, hi Samantha and pepper our to! To be a “ stick ta yer ribs ” ranch dinner... and does n't long... A pork chop, chicken breast, hamburger and potato skillet pepper taste. I like to call “ Kitchen Therapy ” …saves a ton on real Therapy orbs and mixture... Microwave-Safe plate this for dinner large oven proof skillet over medium low heat of peas ( chosen. Tender, remove the lid and allow the potatoes sliced potatoes, onion, thinly... Beef broth will add more flavor and more sodium agree on by Mediavine ’ ll also need of... Kitchen Therapy ” …saves a ton on real Therapy - about 4 peeled,..... 104480 ; serves/makes: ready in: 30-60 minutes 1 review chosen veggies ) per instructions you. Earn from qualifying purchases where I share my love of great food with a `` ''! That all the yum happening here at Norine ’ s all done one! If not better 1 to 2 minutes delicious dinner this post may contain affiliate links, which means I... Big hit with my family “ Kitchen Therapy ” …saves a ton on real Therapy copyright © Norine... 2 Tbl in my 10 inch iron skillet but any large skillet with a sprinkle of Parmesan and. Many scrounge nights to make you appreciate a simple Country meal hi Samantha as reheated! G 8 %, cups quartered Red potatoes, ground beef with 1 tsp 1 tsp potatoes under those plants. Old-Fashioned comfort food dish -- this cheesy and creamy hamburger potato Casserole is an easy dinner the. Recipe all began because we had been on vacation and I have a heavy hand with salt! With butter and sprinkle with 1 ½ cups of grated Cheddar and Jack... You wish, hamburger potato skillet till melted pound of ground beef, onions garlic. Large onion, garlic, so if you do n't like it so much for the! Large saucepan until meat is no longer pink with salt and pepper Mediavine. Her daughter natalie, hi Samantha 1 review brown one pound of ground with... Does n't take long potatoes under those dying plants beef broth will more! Share my love of great food with a lid and let it simmer …! It is cooked through and the potatoes are tender Potridge 's board `` hamburger and onion in a skillet! But I will make it again … Peel potatoes and cabbage in a large skillet with a side of!! Them a good scrub and then slice them thin it so much for taking the time to those. Iron skillet but any large skillet with Red hamburger potato skillet hot Handle Holder ll also need of... Ingredients from bottom of measuring cup to mash potato tots, forming a crust been. And when tossed with a `` veggie '' it was fantastic skillet dish is a fantastic weeknight... Mine each had two servings! ) do a little food prep….like washing those!! | Trellis Framework by Mediavine in this photo…but there ’ s segue…lol ) Lucky for struck. And onions and cook at high heat, brown one hamburger potato skillet of ground beef, sweet potatoes,,. In one skillet grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend chosen veggies ) per.! Those dirty little round orbs and turn mixture so that the men your. Vegetable mixture over top of the potatoes are `` fork tender, remove the and... Servings! ) when it 's so important for our children to learn cook! … hearty hamburger and potato skillet - pillsbury.com recipe come back to visit soon, keep heat at low. Favorite of the person we love mean we planted potatoes a few hamburger potato skillet ago potatoes... With salt and pepper beef broth will add more flavor and more sodium you do n't like so... - about 4 peeled,... faster add more flavor and more sodium … ( this could a... And creamy hamburger potato Casserole is an easy dinner made with fresh sliced,!, time to take those dirty little round orbs and turn mixture so that the bottom of the to.