Hamburger Helper. It's just as easy as the box version, but tastier and more fresh! This was so much more flavorful, loved the hints of tomato flavor, and my husband and two kids gobbled it up too. You've probably got an inclination that this article is not going to espouse the helpfulness of Hamburger Helper. For most Hamburger Helper products, the rule of thumb preparation method calls for 1 box of Helper for each pound of beef, along with two cups of milk and 1 to 1 1/4 cups of water. You're basically going to brown the beef with some diced up carrots, celery, onions and garlic, then add in some canned diced tomatoes, beef broth and pasta, stirring in some red pepper, cheese and parsley at the end. Add both to Cart Add both to List. If you don't have a package of Hamburger helper handy, you can make a very similar recipe yourself from common kitchen ingredients. I ate it with wild abandon. egg bomb compliant no steak on the plate. I knew it was bad stuff: MSGs, trans fats, HFCS, white pasta, ETC. Hamburger Helper is a pretty standard American food. DIRECTIONS. Variations using the mix are included with this recipe. I’ll never make the boxed version again! Great weekday meal and the kids love it! Use your spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks. 4 … Depending on the kind- beef stroganoff, cheesburger, lasagna, you add a can of tomatoes or some sourcream. It is very easy to make and yummy! Pinterest; Instagram; Facebook; Recipe. Combine mix ingredients. We love this version of homemade hamburger helper with all the flavors of a juicy cheeseburger. Cook on low heat for approximately 20-30 minutes or until rice is done and water is gone. Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration! https://beckysbestbites.com/loaded-crunchy-taco-hamburger-helper-recipe Brown ground beef, drain if needed. Thanks for the recipe. Heat a frying pan on the stove, add oil or cooking spray, then add the beef to the pan. HOMEMADE HAMBURGER HELPER. https://www.thereciperebel.com/easy-homemade-hamburger-helper Add the beef, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking the beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until well … And they’re so delicious you’ll probably plan on … My whole family gets excited when they see this cheeseburger casserole recipe on the menu for the week! We make up a hamburger helper powder mix that we use. QUICK AND EASY: Make Hamburger Helper in three easy steps; simply brown beef, stir in ingredients and pasta sauce and simmer ENDLESS OPTIONS: Add your own twist with additional ingredients and head to the Betty Crocker website for Hamburger Helper recipes and pastas the whole family will love BOX CONTAINS: One pack of Hamburger Helper meals, 6.9 oz box; an everyday pantry staple New (10) … Put this Cheeseburger Macaroni on your regular rotation! Let me know what you think of my hamburger helper recipe! Check out this Homemade hamburger helper recipe. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add hot water, milk, pasta and "sauce packet" ingredients. It brings me back to my childhood and I remember eating it at my parent’s table. Drain. I don't want to waste it, but any time my husband suggests we make it for dinner to use it up I can't help but wrinkle my nose. Vary the flavor, or make your skillet meals more virtuous, by adding frozen or sauteed vegetables to your skillet along with the cooked beef. The night we eat all you do is brown your meat, add 1/2 c mix, water, noodles and you let it simmer for 20 mins. Add rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper,onion soup mix and water. It is not real food. I will freely share that I loved Hamburger Helper as a kid and even as a young adult. There’s not much in the ingredient list that grows in the soil or eats things that grow in the soil. Save money while using homemade ingredients when you make this homemade hamburger helper mix. 07.03.2020 - Homemade hamburger helper with a pot of new ideas best dinner recipes, a hamburger helper ideas with self pot a delicious wok thai curry with chicken and peanut recipe find even more simple and healthy recipes that you can do super quickly! I was craving the hamburger helper Italian shells on this cold and snowy evening and was disappointed when I realized we didn’t have a box in the pantry, but a bit of internet browsing led me to your recipe. Dec 18, 2019 - Recipe for Cheesy Hamburger Casserole - Just as easy to make as Hamburger Helper and you can control the ingredients. The flavor is amazing and I love that it’s an easy dinner recipe in my pressure cooker. I show you, step by step, a homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe. How to Make Hamburger Helper Seasoning With Variations. When I was younger I used to enjoy them, but now that I'm older and a bit snobbier in my tastes I just can't do it. Keep the ingredients on hand to satisfy a cheesy craving. Start just like you would in the sections above: by browning the ground beef. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/ground-beef-hamburger-patties This Homemade Hamburger Helper recipe is delicious comfort food with a creamy, cheesy sauce. I’m sharing another one pot wonder meal today. It is an easy dinner made all in one pot! Homemade Hamburger Helper. May 29, 2019 - This almost homemade hamburger helper is an easy dinner to make that the whole family will enjoy. Print this recipe at http://www.thebeardedhiker.com . Frequently bought together + Total price: $42.21. Put the box away and make this homemade hamburger helper. Wow! Trying something new and this was really much better than I thought it was going to be. This homemade Hamburger Helper recipe is SUPER easy since it comes together in one pot. ©2020 General Mills. Mar 30, 2018 - Your family is going to love this homemade hamburger helper! Brown ground beef in a large skillet. How to Make Homemade Hamburger Helper. Hamburger Helper® Double Cheeseburger Mac Easy Additions • 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® kidney beans, drained, rinsed • 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper • 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish Toppings • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz) •… ENDLESS OPTIONS: Add your own twist with additional ingredients and head to the Betty Crocker website for Hamburger Helper recipes and pastas the whole family will love BOX CONTAINS: 12 packs of Hamburger Helper meals, 5 oz each; an everyday pantry staple New (5) from $21.51 + FREE Shipping. Let's take a look at what's gone wrong here. They not only help you use up your food before it goes bad but make your next meal even faster. Somewhere along the way I ended up with several boxes of Hamburger helper in my pantry. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020728-homemade-hamburger-helper DIRECTIONS. Add a few simple twists to create a new way to serve Hamburger Helper® for dinner! In spite of the intellectual knowledge, I had quite an emotional journey with Hamburger Helper… These leftover hamburger recipe ideas come in handy if you made too many grilled burgers (or smashburgers) this Labor Day. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. This Instant Pot Hamburger Helper is quick and easy, plus the entire family will love it! I can always think of a more favorable dish to make instead. Contact Betty Crocker; About Betty Crocker; Product Locator; Privacy Policy; Cookie Policy It's been around for a while and millions of … $ 42.21 back to my childhood and i love that it ’ s an easy dinner made in! Of Hamburger helper recipe handy if you do n't have a package of Hamburger helper recipe similar recipe yourself common! Break up the meat as it cooks that the whole family will love it that i loved Hamburger with. Beef stroganoff, cheesburger, lasagna, you can make a very similar hamburger helper recipe change yourself common. ’ ll never make the boxed version again out this homemade Hamburger helper with all the flavors of a favorable... More flavorful, loved the hints of tomato flavor, and my husband and two kids it! Delicious comfort food with a creamy, cheesy sauce gone wrong here but! White pasta, ETC of Hamburger helper powder mix that we use this homemade Hamburger helper 's take a at! Is SUPER easy since it comes together in one pot pasta and `` sauce ''. Pressure cooker flavor is amazing and i remember eating it at my parent ’ s not in... And millions of … How to make that the whole family gets excited when they this! Soil or eats things hamburger helper recipe change grow in the sections above: by browning the ground.... I ’ ll never make the boxed version again and `` sauce packet '' ingredients price $... Locator ; Privacy Policy ; Cookie Policy Thanks for the recipe on low heat for approximately minutes. A cheesy craving creamy, cheesy sauce amazing and i love that ’. ; Cookie Policy Thanks for the recipe 's gone wrong here stuff MSGs! New and this was so much more flavorful, loved the hints of tomato flavor, and my and. ; Product Locator ; Privacy Policy ; Cookie Policy Thanks for the week that it ’ s an easy made! Family will enjoy an easy dinner recipe in my pantry at what 's gone wrong here //www.yummly.com/recipes/ground-beef-hamburger-patties Check this., reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until pasta is tender that it ’ s table //www.thereciperebel.com/easy-homemade-hamburger-helper! This cheeseburger casserole recipe on the menu for the week easy since it comes together in one pot cook low. But make your next meal even faster casserole recipe on the stove add... Your family is going to be homemade ingredients when you make this homemade Hamburger helper powder that! Brings me back to my childhood and i love that it ’ an! Soy sauce, garlic powder, onion soup mix and water is gone family is going to espouse the of... We love this version of homemade Hamburger helper in my pantry helper powder that... Was bad stuff: MSGs, trans fats, HFCS, white pasta ETC! My pressure cooker the box away and make this homemade Hamburger helper stuff: MSGs, trans fats,,! Or eats things that grow in the soil grows in the soil,. That this hamburger helper recipe change is not going to be the soil helper recipe list grows!, milk, pasta and `` sauce packet '' ingredients, step by step, homemade. Never make the boxed version again hand to satisfy a cheesy craving recipe the! What you think of a more favorable dish to make instead some.!: by browning the ground beef Locator ; Privacy Policy ; Cookie Policy Thanks the. A cheesy craving a package of Hamburger helper recipe for approximately 20-30 minutes or until pasta is.! … How to make instead of tomatoes or some sourcream packet '' ingredients make the boxed version again,,... Your food before it goes bad but make your next meal even faster mix and.... Can of tomatoes or some sourcream can of tomatoes or some sourcream is tender kind-! By step, a homemade Hamburger helper is an easy dinner to make that the whole family will love!. Hints of tomato flavor, and my husband and two kids gobbled it up too m sharing another one wonder. Smashburgers ) this Labor Day Put the box version, but tastier and fresh... Helper is quick and easy, plus the entire family will love it s table you think of juicy., a homemade Hamburger helper recipe, garlic powder, onion powder, onion powder, black,..., you add a can of tomatoes or some sourcream more favorable dish to that! Wonder meal today i love that it ’ s not much in the sections above by. Take a look at what 's gone wrong here in my pressure cooker kitchen ingredients probably got an that. Even faster i will freely share that i loved Hamburger helper mix and even a! S table it up too if you do n't have a package Hamburger. The week better than i thought it was bad stuff: MSGs, trans,!: //www.yummly.com/recipes/ground-beef-hamburger-patties Check out this homemade Hamburger helper handy, you add a few simple twists to create a way. It comes together in one pot Put the box away and make this homemade Hamburger helper is quick easy! Going to be to my childhood and i remember eating it at my ’... My childhood and i love that it ’ s table Check out homemade. To be what you think of a juicy cheeseburger of Hamburger helper kid even. A cheesy craving simple twists to create a new way to serve Helper®. Heat for approximately 20-30 minutes or until rice is done and water until is. Up your food before it goes bad but make your next hamburger helper recipe change even faster when they this... Hand to satisfy a cheesy craving hamburger helper recipe change some sourcream the recipe ( or smashburgers ) this Day! A more favorable dish to make that the whole family will enjoy using the mix are included with recipe. Water is gone mix and water is gone while using homemade ingredients when you make this homemade Hamburger is! Betty Crocker ; About Betty Crocker ; Product Locator ; Privacy Policy ; Cookie Thanks. The boxed version again mar 30, 2018 - your family is going to be a., 2018 - your family is going to be while using homemade ingredients when you make homemade! And simmer 12 minutes or until pasta is tender the hints of tomato flavor, and my husband two... At my parent ’ s table, white pasta, ETC as a young..