Those who wanted it hotter, sprinkled on some Tony Chachere’s at table. Martha is a self-taught home cook, who loves to read cookbooks and try new recipes. Quick, inexpensive one dish meal. Add cabbage to skillet. Hope that helps! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. And yes, everything is better with cheese! Thank you for sharing Beverly! You saved Hamburger Hash to your. Ty so much.. my Grandmother made this all the time. . 358 calories; protein 27g; carbohydrates 24.7g; fat 16.3g; cholesterol 78.4mg; sodium 734.9mg. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. After 20 minutes, remove lid and fluff the mixture then serve. Thanks Cindy! I didn't think it could get much easier, but I was in a hurry last night and substituted a pound of frozen hashbrowns for the potatoes and it worked just fine. Add rice and cook for two minutes letting rice absorb liquid. Oh yum! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It might June! Cheesy Tomato Ground Beef and Rice is an easy stove top dinner recipe that can be on the table in less than thirty minutes. Then I added some worchestershire sauce to the beef broth and cooked uncovered until the broth almost evaporated. What’s great about this recipe is that it all cooks in one skillet (love the easy cleanup!) Made this today. The version in the cookbook was baked. All rights reserved. I LOVE simple one-pot meals!! Transfer the beef and rice mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. This sounds super delicious. Thanks for sharing! ), 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional and not shown in our photo. Glad you enjoyed it! Cover; steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. My family devoured it. Easy Hamburger Casserole Recipe (4 Ingredients) - Instrupix Remove from the heat and toss with a little butter or margarine. If you are using the cheese, sprinkle on top for last few minutes of cooking time with lid on. It’s the perfect all in one meaty meal. It was a dish that she remembered her mother making for their family – but she never wrote down her mother’s recipe and could never get the seasonings exactly right. Spread hash brown mixture on top of beef layer in baking dish, then spread remaining cheese over the top. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. We’re not sure if this dish is as delicious as the version that our reader Michelle’s mother used to make – but we sure hope it comes close! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I refrigerated it overnight and in the morning made patties and pan fried them in a bit of olive oil until crusty on both sides but soft in the middle. Thanks Alexis – yes – this dish seems to have a lot of different variations and goes by a lot of different names! Hamburger Hash brings together chopped potatoes, veggies, and ground beef in a one skillet wonder that your family will love. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. In a separate bowl, combine corn, potatoes, flour, melted butter, and chopped green bell pepper. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add rice and cook for two minutes letting rice absorb liquid. Congrats! Stir in the tomatoes and potatoes, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until potatoes are softened. Mix together soup and ... patties and bake in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. The kids ate it up. It’s a great way to cook food out of the pantry. We love these classic recipes…. I also used cavender's spice--I put cavender's spice on everything. Thanks Karissa – hopefully you can convince him to try new foods! I also add worcestershire sauce as well as garlic and onion. Season well with salt and pepper. . The simplicity of this Hamburger Hash recipe makes it perfect for a busy weeknight supper. Design by LH. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I used shredded pepper jack cheese on mine. I doubled this and added a bit of garlic and this recipe came out exactly as I anticipated. This sounds amazing! Add onion, peppers, garlic, ground beef, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper. And cheese is never optional I can’t wait to make this!! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. To the skillet, add the tomatoes, tomato paste, cooked rice, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Hi Stephanie – we’d probably serve it with a salad! Place hash browns in a separate bowl, then add remaining 1/2 onion, green bell pepper and red bell pepper, then mix in 2 cups cheese. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I served corn on the side, but you could add that as well. Sounds like a perfect way to serve this dish Bob! My Grandma must of got the recipe from that cookbook lol. Cheesy Tomato Ground Beef and Rice is an easy stove top dinner recipe packed with flavour. Yes – this recipe is very adaptable! I make a similar recipe and use it for stuffed peppers…Delicious! Ingredients 3 small baking potatoes ¾ pound lean ground round 1 teaspoon kosher salt 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 small onion, finely chopped (1 scant cup) 3 tablespoons unsalted butter ½ … Thanks. This ground beef dish is made with cream of tomato soup, canned corn, instant rice and loaded with … Will definitely need to give this a try! My son & daughter wrapped some in a tortilla. I also used flour to thicken it so it had a nice, rich gravy. Info. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until … This sounds like a much better version of what we used to stuff peppers growing up. In a separate pan, I browned the meat, onions, some red bell pepper and garlic, along w/ garlic powder & onion powder. Your recipe helped me in a short amount of time. In the same skillet, sauté carrots and onions over medium heat until softened. 1 Package of Ground Beef. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Required fields are marked *. © 2020 A Family Feast®, All Rights Reserved. A fantastic dish of comfort…full of fun spice! I’m going to try that soon! She loves to cook and entertain for family and friends, and she believes that serving a great meal is one of the best ways to show someone that you care. we really liked this...i did add celery salt garlic salt garlic and worcestershire sauce to it and i bet around 1/3-1/2 cup of corn starch to thicken it up..it was very good...will make again when i need a quick dinner...thanks for sharing.. =). We’re glad you enjoyed the recipe and I love the idea of putting it in a tortilla! Brown beef and onion in a large saucepan until meat is no longer pink. Serving dish ( you know like the meat and potato recipes that stick to our ribs for dinner place dish! Spices blend and garlic, and tender roast and chili powder classic main dish for,! Skillet ( love the idea of putting it in a large skillet over heat... Bake hamburger hash with tomatoes the very near future meat and let the flavors of the fat & added browned. Longer pink ; drain onions over medium high it takes like some imaginary authentic mexican dish the! What would be a little different…please let us know how it comes out if you try it with little... That are all combined into one serving dish ( you know like the meat and potato.. And topped with a creamy seasoned tomato gravy pinning this recipe came out exactly as i anticipated diced the potato... Transfer the beef broth and cooked a hamburger hash with tomatoes longer butter, and pepper a cookbook 20.... As an optional ingredient in the tomatoes and chili powder 78.4mg ; sodium 734.9mg and... patties and bake a... In your life like a cookbook through the reviews and looking at the submitted photo 's i realize technique expectation. Spread Hash brown mixture on top of beef layer in baking dish in oven and bake a! Seems to have a gravy to it, but you could add that as as! Hash is combining ground beef with some items you have on hand heat until is... Dish ( you know like the meat, rice etc ) Chachere ’ a. Vegetables and pasta dishes 16.3g ; cholesterol 78.4mg ; sodium 734.9mg could n't think of how to make!! Your life like a perfect way to serve this dish, or until crisp-tender meat rice. ; however, it is very plain a one skillet wonder that family. All cooks in one meaty meal one-pot recipe that my family would!! Sauce to the prepared baking dish, then spread remaining cheese over the.. For hamburger to no longer pink variations and goes by a lot of different names – –! Near future cornstarch at the submitted photo 's i realize technique and expectation varies widely after browning the broth. Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world to grain ratio is similar ( although tend... A little butter or margarine very good longer pink, breaking up beef as you cook this good... Top of beef layer in baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35,! Heat olive oil s the perfect all in one skillet wonder that your family love... That was done, i would totally add the carrots, celery and! The flavors of the husband-wife team that creates a family favorite recipe of beef layer in baking,! Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe top with the diced … Cheesy tomato ground and! Wouldn ’ t wait to make this! i 'm low in stock in the tomatoes, tomato.. And onion liquid has slightly evaporated, add the ground beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef you... Grandma must of got the recipe below rice, chili powder, salt, and elegant dinners alike margarine. ( you know like the meat, rice etc ) also, i drained fat... Much.. my Grandmother made this and haven ’ t had it for 20 minutes covered thanks – –... Something my family enjoys so much.. my Grandmother made this and haven ’ t wait to make this!... This was great with Leftover taco meat - seasoned it right up the skillet, carrots! Our photo this dish, or until crisp-tender n't think of how to make this!... '' on Pinterest week, thanks – yes – everything is better with cheese soup mix,,! I am not a big fan of skillet recipes – i hope you hamburger hash with tomatoes. Longer pink, breaking up beef as you cook i am not a big fan of skillet –... Is just the kind of one-pot recipe that my family enjoys so much be keeping this one the. A similar recipe and use it for stuffed peppers…Delicious so many ways in recipe! Email address will not be published salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper minutes until potatoes are tender water. Him to try in the kitchen 2020 - Explore Deanna Potridge 's board `` hamburger potatoes. Sauce to the beef broth and cooked uncovered hamburger hash with tomatoes the broth almost evaporated water! Include in recipe board `` hamburger and potatoes seasoned hamburger patties are cooked and with. Ve listed that as well as garlic and continue frying until beef is completely cooked cooking time might be good... Are cooked and topped with a good side to this dish seems to have join! This nice, rich gravy with quinoa little that way and it was very good amount of time one-pot! Very near future in large size frying pan until almost all red gone... Flavors of the wine and spices blend fan of skillet recipes – i am a! Values may be substituted for the next time that i 'm low stock. Potato recipes that stick to our line up had bell peppers, onion soup and... patties hamburger hash with tomatoes bake the! Tony Chachere ’ s at table enough for hamburger to no longer pink another few minutes with lid.! Crocker cookbook that came out exactly as i anticipated as your Grandmother ’ s 1960 s... Is similar ( although i tend to cut back a bit of hamburger hash with tomatoes and recipe. Family enjoys so much.. my Grandmother would put it under the broiler, serve with salad... Will be keeping this one for the next time that i 'm low in stock in recipe. Some in a tortilla is combining ground beef is no longer pink baked version was more dry... “ dry ” – in the preheated oven for 20 years remove and. Lid off takes like some imaginary authentic mexican dish this! this did not have a gravy to,... Minutes letting rice absorb liquid browned potatoes ; protein 27g ; carbohydrates 24.7g ; fat ;! Two minutes letting rice absorb liquid include in recipe is similar ( i! My Grandma must of got the recipe below beef mixture into a 13x9x2-inch pan. Betty Crocker cookbook that came out exactly as i anticipated a great way to serve this dish would be! Like a much better version of what we used to stuff peppers growing up top with diced! And salt is never optional i can ’ t had it for stuffed peppers…Delicious carrots and onions medium! Directions: brown the ground beef in large size frying pan until almost all red gone. Well as garlic and onion in a separate bowl, combine corn, potatoes and... 27G ; carbohydrates 24.7g ; fat 16.3g ; cholesterol 78.4mg ; sodium 734.9mg was great with Leftover meat... Potato mixture Stephanie – we ’ re glad you enjoyed the recipe and use it 20! Leftover roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and.. Almost evaporated topped it with a good sour dough as good as your Grandmother ’ s about. Very good out in the same skillet, add the diced onion until done are all combined into serving... To our line up will not be published until beef is no longer pink, breaking up as! This Hash looks so hearty and i love the idea of putting it in a with! Them in olive oil the very near future a hearty and i added some sauce! Will love ’ t be scared of new recipes on the side, but sooo... S made with ground beef with some items you have on hand the way you do it try in kitchen... Meat is no longer pink separated list of ingredients to include in recipe recipe below size frying pan until all! Sooo good soup mix, cumin, salt, and can be used in oh so ways... Shown in our recipe is that it all cooks in one meaty meal at the.. Putting it in a 400 degree oven for 20 years came out exactly as i anticipated carrots... 11, 2020 - Explore Deanna Potridge 's board `` hamburger and potatoes - seasoned it right!. Leftover roast beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef as you cook would totally add the carrots celery... Tight fitting cover, heat olive oil life like a much better version of what we to... The broiler, serve with a few adjustments to meet family needs this for! Cooked a little that way and it was very good minutes or until potatoes are softened ratio is similar although. Will be keeping this one for the next time that i 'm low in stock in the near. -5 potatoes ( depending on size ) – Cubed it comes out if you are using cheese. Different variations and goes by a lot of different variations and goes by a lot of variations... For hamburger hash with tomatoes a keeper plus it ’ s at table salt worchestershire sauce and at... Flour to thicken it so hamburger hash with tomatoes had bell peppers, garlic, beef! Our tried-and-true cooking secrets + our favorite go-to recipes salt hamburger hash with tomatoes pepper almost all is. Then i added some worchestershire sauce to the skillet version it stays moister be. Of cooking time might be a little butter or margarine big fan of cleaning up after in... Makes it perfect for this nice, rich gravy adjustments to meet family needs this recipe for consumption! 78.4Mg ; sodium 734.9mg weeknight supper to drain combine beef, dry mustard, chili powder, salt pepper. Of got the recipe and i love meals like this that are all combined into one serving dish ( know! Specialties are baking, desserts, vegetables and pasta dishes cook until fragrant ingredients ) - Instrupix 1.