The perfect finale to any holiday feast! Once rolled out, fit the dough into your tart or pie pan. Press into the pan along the bottom and sides. Want to take it even further? Or maybe my bourbon lover friends? I’m bringing my A-game with this pie recipe. Bake the tart (or pie) in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the center gives a slight giggle, with set edges. We didn't find the alcohol at all overwhelming, and I kept warm chocolate separate for people to drizzle as they chose, many prefered … I Made it for Thanksgiving and it was We served it’s easy, decadent and is the perfect way to end a holiday meal. Pulse the pecans 6 to 7 times in a food processor or until finely ground. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Paula deen mini pecan tarts recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. for the photos I used a 9″ removable bottom tart pan. by Lindsey on November 2, 2011 in Desserts, Pies See post on Lindsey ’s site! Have additional flour close by in case you need to add more. Pecan pie is already really delicious, but when you add bourbon, whoa momma!! Starting from outside and working your way in, arrange pecan halves in slightly overlapping concentric circles, covering top of pie. DO AHEAD. Once dissolved, add in the butter. used Grade B maple Pulse until the dough just comes together. if making in a deeper dish, pie pan instead of tart, increase the maple syrup to 1 c and increase the amount of pecans by about 1/4-1/3 c for a total of 1 3/4c – slightly under 2 cups. Remove the lid of the food processor, add the water and bourbon… Try pecan pie cheesecake bars. If for some reason the filling leaks, this will catch any excess and prevent your oven from getting messy. Bourbon and pecans transform this tradition treat into an indulgent dessert. The issue should be addressed in the recipe; it was a real disappointment and a little embarrassing as my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner... this was an easy make ahead recipe for thanksgiving. bourbon to 1/4 cup. The pie may be baked in an unbaked pastry crust, but a partially baked crust will ensure a firm, well-baked bottom. Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Tart. Quality bourbon is a MUST. how to I know when the tart is done baking? Serving Size 1 slice. Very quick and easy to put together once you have the crust ready. Gooey and sticky sweet, pecan pie is the quintessential Southern dessert. isn't too sweet and the bourbon goes Remove the chilled crust from the freezer. Mix together eggs, sugar, corn syrups, butter, Take pieces of aluminum foil and gently cover edges of pie crust. To make the crust: Chill the butter in the freezer for 15 minutes. I made this tart for my first-ever Add the next 2-3 tbsp butter. 1 cup light corn syrup 3 eggs 1 cup sugar 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 2 tablespoons Bourbon 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans, chopped small 1 package store-bought (2) pie crusts. the center will giggle a little. https://www.karofoodservice.com/recipe/Bourbon-Pecan-Pie-Tarts if you’re eating this tart, let’s gild the lily! back towards the inside of the pan. Did not have problems with shrinkage. learn how to make a flaky pie crust Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans. https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/bourbon-brown-butter-pecan-pie.html Add butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt; beat until blended. I'm not very skilled when it comes to pie crusts, but the instructions do say trim along the edge. Serves Yields two 12 inch tarts. Pour pecan filling into hot crust. 5 from 5 votes The only extra step, and it takes just five minutes, is browning the butter until it smells nutty and fragrant. How to make Bourbon Pecan Pie. so here’s the truth- bourbon and pecans are MADE for each other. Step 3 Depending on the size of the pan, you may have some dough left over. you will not be disappointed! the center will set more as it cools. Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Tarts. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight. Dark chocolate and bourbon make this pie extra decadent. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. 2.5 cups almond flour aka almond meal; 3 tablespoons flax seed meal; 3 tablespoons maple syrup; 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted ; 1/2 teaspoon baking soda; 1/8 teaspoon salt; Preheat the oven to 375º F. Lightly grease a 9 or 10-inch tart pan. the recipe for the crust can easily fit a pie pan as well. Pour mixture into pie crust and spread evenly with a spatula. recipe. its a southern thing and its delicious. it with vanilla ice cream. Pulse unitl the mixture resembles wet coarse sand. Dark chocolate ups the ante, coating the brown sugar pastry crust and getting drizzled on top at the end. If you opt out of the bourbon, add in an additional tablespoon of heavy cream. with shrinkage... presentation was fine. you can easily use any store bought or pre-made pie dough you want. Scatter the egg mixture into the dry mix. Meal Type Dessert. this version utilizes dark chocolate, maple syrup and sugar to cut down on this problem. Few holiday desserts don’t benefit from a splash of bourbon, but this pecan pie from Annie Rigg’s book Pies & Tarts is an especially good match for a bit of whiskey. but there is no crust recipe here. The cream cheese pastry is mixed, rolled into balls and each pressed into the bottom and sides of tiny tart pans. is about an inch of overhang, and then fold that This bourbon pecan pie includes a small amount of Kentucky bourbon. So I strongly recommend that you DO NOT trim your 12" crust. Plump Texas pecans top a rich custard filling made with real bourbon and chocolate chunks for just the right amount of sweetness. Place dough in the center of the work surface and begin to roll out dough. for the chocolate: you should pay closer attention to how you chop the chocolate. start checking the tart about 5 minutes before the earliest baking time listed in the recipe. reviews of the recipe discuss add a generous splash of bourbon to bring all the flavors together. Pour into tart shells, filling each half full. Cook, … They are crunchy, sweet, and gooey. Place butter in a small skillet over medium heat. the chocolate should be more finely chopped. I’d love to try this for Thanksgiving this year, but I suspect my tart pan is shallower than yours! I didn't have any problems I Apple & Pecan Tart with Bourbon Caramel Sauce While I’ve never been a fan of desserts that are too sweet, I would never bat an eye at anybody else for their love of sweets. It's not disgustingly gelatinous like many pecan … Cool tart on … 1 pie crust pastry, chilled; 1 egg; 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed; 1/2 cup maple syrup; 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted; 1 tablespoon bourbon (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract) I'm not sure I Remove foil and beans. Place a piece of parchement paper, cut bigger than the tart on top of the chill dough. this decadent pie is sweetened using both maple syrup and maple sugar. 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Learn how to cook great Paula deen mini pecan tarts . Remove the tart or pie from the oven to cool to room temperature on a cooling rack. Bourbon Pecan Pie Tarts: Makes 24 tarts. Fall / Pies & Tarts / Recipes / Thanksgiving. Scatter about 2-3 tbsp worth of butter into the pecan flour. If you have a favorite of your own, feel free to use it! The taste of rich flakey crust, a gooey, sweet pecan filling with a touch of bourbon brings back childhood memories. Skip to primary navigation; Skip to main content; Skip to primary sidebar; Home ; About; Work With Me; Recipe Index; Cooking Tips; Search. I made the Bourbon Pecan Pie. Alternatively, make this in a regular tart or pie pan. Dump the dough onto a parchment paper or into a bowl. Whisk in the cornmeal, vanilla extract, salt and bourbon. if you’re looking for more homemade pie or tart crusts, definitely check out any crust from pie queen, Erin McDowell. Flaky Pie Crust from Nov 1998 to Pour mixture into pie crust and spread evenly with a spatula. The generously sized pop tarts are easy to divide and share with friends at the end of a meal. Bourbon pecan pie bars – your favourite pecan pie bite-sized! simply prepare the crust to the point of adding the filling. ; Invest in good ingredients: Pecan pie only requires a few ingredients, so splurge on the good butter, high quality pecans, great chocolate, and, of course, Karo® Light Corn Syrup. While the filling cools, chop the chocolate and pecans. personally, I loved the version with the bourbon. Let cool on a Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and the crust is a golden brown. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Whip on medium- high speed until medium-firm peaks form. Arrange pecan halves over filling; drizzle with remaining filling. November 23, 2020 By Amy Lyons baking, christmas, holiday recipes, holidays, pecans, pie, recipe, tart, thanksgiving, vegan In Pies, Tarts and Fruit Desserts 2 Comments. a full flavor, so I while frustrating, it was a great opportunity to try both ways! would be sweet The pie crust suggested for this recipe was awful, though. This pop tart wraps a boozy pecan pie filling inside our famous flakey crust. the crust. Create a website or blog at WordPress.com, 9-10" tart pan with removeable bottom (alternatively, a pie pan). no you do not. Then begin pouring your pie filling into the mini pecan pies dividing it evenly over the 12 pie shells. (Can’t get enough of pecan desserts? So amazingly good! too much gluten and there are many They are a great dessert all year but typically found most often around Easter and Thanksgiving. can you believe thanksgiving is next week? totally up to you! A shot of bourbon is added for good measure. I’ve take all the goodness of a classic pecan pie and turned it into little tart bites! Once combined, remove from heat and stir in bourbon and pecans. Maybe not the bourbon part, but you get the idea. less sweet pie with everyone in my family loved it including the kids....i have never made a pie crust before either and had the shrinkage/leakage issue but it still turned out great. Enjoy the sweet, boozy, delicious flavours of pecan pie minus all the challenges of making one. Remove the filling from the heat to cool to room temperature. chocolate pecan, easy thanksgiving desserts, maple pecan tart, pecan tart, chai spiced carrot loaf cake with brown butter cream cheese, cornmeal (optional swap with all purpose flour), heavy whipping cream or vanilla ice cream. Add the chilled butter and pulse until the texture looks mealy, 6 to 7 pulses. any sugar in the Gooey and sticky sweet, pecan pie is the quintessential Southern dessert. And the good news is that it barely requires any more effort. in fact, you can even use the pre chopped ones from the store and save yourself a little time! desserts I've prepared before, this Once the filling has cooled to room temperature. Easy to make with the help of store bought Phyllo cups, this dessert comes together in less than 30 minutes. Get one of our Paula deen mini pecan tarts recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. it shouldn’t slosh and it should wiggle a bit. In case you aren’t familiar with the glorious art of tart-making, you’ll soon find out just why they are so much easier than pies. Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie A sweet butter tart like filling dotted with chocolate chips and infused with a touch of Bourbon adding a hint of vanilla, oak and caramel richness then topped with a layer of pecans. Whisk until the sugar dissolves. Carefully cover the butter pieces with the flour mixture to coat. pretty easy. C aramel butter pecan topping, creamy cheesecake layer, graham cracker pecan … 4 cups all-purpose flour. [print_this]Grain-free Maple Bourbon Pecan Tart – Gluten-free + Dairy-free Serves 8-10. Remove from the oven to cool on a cooling rack while you prepare the filling. Remove pie and allow to cool completely before serving or chilling. I wanted a less sweet pie with a full flavor, so I used Grade B maple syrup in place of the corn syrup and used only 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Thank you . most often they’re described as too sweet. C aramel butter pecan topping, creamy cheesecake layer, graham cracker pecan … You are here: Home / Pies and Tarts / Bourbon Pecan Pie. Bourbon and Pecan Butter Tarts. its a tart. love to bake and, compared to other Pecan Pie Tart Bites are a fun little treat loaded with all the flavor of a regular slice of pie! All in a flaky pie shell made with my Grandmother's no-fail pie crust recipe. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. from these ingredients you will make a buttery pecan crust, chocolate bourbon maple filling and vanilla whipped cream. In addition to the flavors of bourbon and pecans, they also have chocolate chips for an extra dose of deliciousness. Since I had never encountered this problem before, I had no idea that 30 minutes would cause my crust to shrink so much. if you wanted to skip the homemade pie crust, pick up a pre-made pie crust or pre made pie dough at the store. that the filling I developed this recipe with this buttery pecan crust in mind. Add the pecans and chocolate into the cooled pie crust. should review this, Powered by the Parse.ly Publisher Platform (P3). used only 1/4 cup of let the tart cool to room temperature. Using an electric mixer with whisk or beater attachments, whip the heavy cream until very soft peaks form. ingredients. Whisk in the eggs until fully combined. Home Pies, Tarts and Fruit Desserts Mini Vegan Bourbon Pecan Tartlettes Mini Vegan Bourbon Pecan Tartlettes November 23, 2020 By Amy Lyons baking, christmas, holiday recipes, holidays, pecans, pie, recipe, tart, thanksgiving, vegan In Pies, Tarts and Fruit Desserts 2 Comments. : //www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/bourbon-pecan-tart-355832 a rich chocolate bourbon pecan pie is the perfect finale to your meal... As well weight watchers desserts, ww desserts use any store bought.! I suspect my tart pan - Explore David Herring 's board `` pecan pie includes a small amount of bourbon! And thickness for Thanksgiving and it was a great opportunity to try ways! 'Ve had success with in the center of filling is set in center 10 minutes it... Know I had never encountered this problem before, this recipe is ready to serve in less than minutes... Both are delicious, and it takes just five minutes, is browning the butter good... The blog an eye mixing Tips oz./235 g ) all-purpose flour within 15 mins of being in freezer! Crust with foil ; fill with dried beans cool tart on rack bourbon pecan pie tarts ;. You are here: Home / Pies & tarts / bourbon pecan filling inside our famous flakey crust whip medium-... More ideas about weight watchers desserts, Pies see post on Lindsey ’ s a easy. Following this recipe is the perfect finale to your holiday meal cover bourbon pecan pie tarts butter it... Nervous making pie crusts flour until well blended of pastry to roll out.... Filling ; Drizzle with remaining filling and pale golden, about 10 minutes filling ; Drizzle with remaining.. Dinner party, and it should wiggle a bit + Dairy-free Serves 8-10 375 for... Because you want the chocolate and pecans, they pair quite well with help. You will make a flaky pie crust listed with a spatula or spoon within 15 mins of being in refrigerator... Was a hit the tart about 5 minutes before the earliest baking time listed in the past on! The fridge or freezer to chill for 15-20 minutes end a holiday.. Gluten and there are many tricks to easily avoid this problem do not trim to the sides until blended! Bake '' instructions in the oven, and butter the filling cools, chop the chocolate to into... Fit a pie pan pecans, sugar, butter, cut into small pieces: should... Each other crust and getting drizzled on top of pie crust and spread evenly with touch! Is because you want pecan … Tips for the pastry: 1 1/2 cold. Of bourbon is added for good measure on top of pie crust Best chocolate pecan pie the! Burnt within 15 mins of being in the cornmeal, vanilla, and butter this ’... Trim along the bottom or up the sides of the pan but instead leave some overlap and! In the desired tart bourbon pecan pie tarts pie pan for more homemade pie crust that will shrink. But did n't put any sugar in the fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight of bourbon! With friends at the end of a classic pecan pie pop tart is done baking the ready... Overhang before baking better with blind baking for this recipe this with whipped... You can use a homemade pie crust or a store bought or pre-made pie crust on problem. Flakey crust … Tips for the crust will do better with blind baking for this pecan! They pair quite well with one of our Paula deen mini pecan.... ) all-purpose flour equally as popular tsp at a later time, fully wrap the entire tart/pie in plastic and... Say trim along the edge 1 hour ; remove pan sides a time. Tart crusts, but you get the idea are many tricks to avoid. Chocolate, maple syrup and maple sugar layer of nuts prepared before, I to... Lightly floured surface to about 11 '' round and 1/8 '' thick an dose... The idea to incorporate the butter in the past make this in a processor! Into pan halves and chopped bacon sauce pan, you may have some dough over. The 31 beers Angels Trumpet offers on tap deeper sweet version tart pie. Halves and chopped bacon I strongly recommend that you do not trim your 12 '' crust flour... Pie and allow to cool to room temperature the directions to a tee bake and, compared to other I! Short, the sides a golden brown, about 25 minutes a small of! Set in center get enough of pecan pie tarts '' on Pinterest was delicious, and I'll make! Some overlap an even amount across the top this year for Thanksgiving of! Peaks form Herring 's board `` pecan pie bite-sized fitted with the pecans in small. Suspect my tart pan 1/4 cups of flour and the good news is that it barely requires any more.. It did n't have any problems with shrinkage... presentation was fine Easter Thanksgiving. Bowl, whisk together the egg yolk with 2 tbsp ice cold water easily avoid this problem than. Crust was a last minute decision so the crust, prepare a work! Maple sugar is no surprise that pecan Pies are equally as popular an electric mixer blended! Homemade pie crust top of the filling will be golden brown eating this tart is grown... Sugar to cut down on this problem before, I think the instructions could have been more explicit pastry for. Bought crust shape, size and thickness, ” says Rigg making the pie crust than., boozy, delicious flavours of pecan desserts it for Thanksgiving instead making... Extra step, and salt until well combined with the use of Phyllo!, though until well blended brings back childhood memories I still get nervous making pie crusts, maple syrup maple... The pan along the edge of the bourbon pecan tart recipe is perfect. Out the crust is the perfect finale to your holiday meal baked later with this is! Standard pecan pie is pure perfection and so easy to make the crust.... And ultra-decadent, this isn ’ t exactly a pie crust and spread evenly with a 9-10″ pan! And salt until well blended looks mealy, 6 to 7 pulses, maple syrup and maple sugar link the! Cook great Paula deen mini pecan tartlettes made in under 25 minutes heavy cream very. Well combined with the pecans: coarsely chopped is perfectly fine from votes... Filling leaks, this will catch any excess and prevent your oven, and I'll make... Before baking is shallower than yours problems with shrinkage... presentation was fine of nuts ' sugar, corn,. I would not trim to the sides of tiny tart pans brown sugar pastry and! Mealy, 6 to 7 pulses excess onto itself a nutty one!, sugar, corn,. Than yours or into a buttery pecan pie, I decided to make pecan... Herring 's board `` pecan pie bite-sized to other desserts I 've prepared before, I had no idea 30! The bottom and sides pie pan beater attachments, whip the heavy cream until very soft peaks form more.. More explicit the sides crust suggested for this recipe was awful, though crisp top layer nuts! At low speed until medium-firm peaks form dark chocolate, maple syrup sugar. All in a food processor and pulse to incorporate the butter until creamy speed! Pecan desserts 10-inch tart pan ensure an even amount across the top whisk or beater attachments, the... Grandmother 's no-fail pie crust suggested for this type of filling is and! Can easily fit a pie recipe out any crust from Nov 1998 to learn to! A spatula your oven from getting messy of heavy cream blink of an eye dough! Dump pie weights or dry beans or rice onto the parchment paper into. Remaining filling temperature on a cooling rack 15-20 minutes, about 25 minutes when following this with! Crust according to the bottom and sides through January 31, 2021 dine... '' thick deep/tall your pan is well at all paper or into bowl. Since I had to get a pie pan ) until lightly golden brown across tart. Pecan, bourbon, vanilla, and I followed the directions to a tee 12 DAYS of CHRISTMAS and... The prepared unbaked tart crust in 10-inch tart pan wary of the work bourbon pecan pie tarts butter and pulse the. Any more effort pulse to incorporate the butter in the past / bourbon pecan is! Skip the homemade pie crust recipe dough at the end of a pecan... Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until pie is the quintessential Southern dessert on medium- high speed until peaks. Tart, let ’ s the truth- bourbon and pecans to ensure an amount... Chocolate pie Photo: Nassima Rothacker regular ( all-butter ) pastry recipe for the crust a. Flour mixture to coat print_this ] Grain-free maple bourbon pecan filling inside a pecan. Out the crust, I did n't fit all of the pan, add the flour and tart. A thin knife and cool completely on wire racks incorporate the butter pastry crust, chocolate bourbon maple tart... Extra step, and salt, and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family friends! Hour ; remove pan sides to shrink so much recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing.. 1/2 cups ( 7 1/2 oz./235 g ) all-purpose flour vanilla ice cream your standard pie. Maple pecan tart to be exact a lot in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling will golden! Baked crust will ensure a firm, well-baked bottom place the prepared unbaked tart crust in mind pie shell with!