CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN PIE. https://www.kosher.com/recipe/chocolate-pecan-mini-pies-8412 One less thing to worry about! As I said, we like to top this pie with vanilla ice cream. Pecan-chocolate Chip Pie. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set. All opinions are my own. For when you can't decide if you want pecan or chocolate pie. Derby Pie is basically a pecan pie with chocolate chips in it, and if you ask me, pecans and chocolate practically beg to be paired together. Sweet chocolate morsels are the perfect addition to traditional pecan pie! So for this Instant Pot pecan pie recipe, I most definitely added chocolate chips–it makes it an extra decadent treat. https://www.delish.com/.../emerils-pecan-chocolate-chip-pie-recipe-mslo911 FILLING 1 c Pecans 1/4 c Molasses 4 tb Unsalted butter 1/2 c Brown sugar 2 Eggs 1 ts Vanilla extract 1 c Dark corn syrup 1/4 c Chocolate chips (or more) FOR DOUGH: CREAM BUTTER, CREAM CHEESE and vanilla together in a mixer or processor. I will tell you I used Valrhona 70% bittersweet chocolate instead of semisweet and it was perfect, not too sweet as pecan pie can be. https://www.bigbearswife.com/chocolate-chip-pecan-pie-sundaysupper Pecan-chocolate Chip Pie. Pecan pie is a classic favorite but this version goes a step further by adding chocolate chips to the filling. You can also tent a piece of aluminum foil over the whole pie if the top is browning too quickly. https://www.eatingonadime.com/easy-chocolate-pecan-pie-recipe 9 ingredients . Easy, foolproof and delicious! 1 tsp Vanilla extract. Drizzle over the caramel layer. Prep time is cut by using refrigerated piecrusts, but you can make your favorite pie … bourbon • 1 tsp. Yield. Plus: I’m showing you how to make TWO sizes! Dark Chocolate Chips – One of the best parts of this recipe is that while it’s still buttery and sweet, the delicious dark chocolate chips keep this pie from being overly sweet. To make Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie, start by rolling out a refrigerated pie dough sheet until it fits up over the edge of a 9 inch pie plate.Press it into the plate and crimp the edges if desired. Stir in This post is sponsored by Karo® Corn Syrup, whose traditional pecan pie recipe is a classic – and perfect for making mini pies. After the first 20 minutes of bake time, I place a pie crust shield on top of the pie to prevent the edges from browning too quickly. Bake. Total. This can take longer than the 50-55 minutes mentioned. Absolutely delicious. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bottom of the unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, then pour the liquid syrup over the top. Directions: 1. 40 to 50 mins. I have been making this pie for years and it is always a hit. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pecan-chocolate-chip-pie Add eggs, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; stir until well blended. Prep. However, feel free to just use crushed pecans if you’d rather have just one type. I kind of disobeyed the directions and I layered the Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Ingredients: 9 (chips .. crust .. eggs .. flour .. pecans .. sugar ...) 3. It is the perfect pie to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Pie is done when center is set when gently shaken. Crushed and Halved Pecans – The halved pecans contribute to both the look and texture of the pie filling. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake about 40 minutes for mini pies or 50 minutes for a 9-incher. Spread the pecans in the bottom of the pie shell. Nov 17, 2018 - These Mini Chocolate Pecan Pies are a dream come true for the holidays! In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream. These bite-size Mini Chocolate Chip Pies are like a pie-cookie hybrid. I often find myself with a baking conundrum of wanting to bake something new but also craving something I’ve made many times. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. In a saucepan, melt caramels with 1/4 cup cream over low heat; stir until blended. The texture of the pie is a bit denser than regular pecan pie, I’m guessing due to the chocolate, but we loved it. Nuts & Seeds. This is SOOOOO good. Pecan pie is good but CHOCOLATE Pecan Pie is better! Add in the chopped pecans, 1/2 c of chocolate chips, and coconut and fold to combine. :) Please note: you need to TEST to see if the pie is set before removing it from the oven. How to Make It. Mini Pecan Pies are the perfect bite size pie recipe! Even if you aren’t much of a baker, you can make this pie! You will wow your family this holiday with this pie: it’s a classic pecan pie that has a chocolate fudge center that tastes like a gooey brownie! Put into the oven for 35-45 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. This Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie makes a great holiday dessert. This post has been sponsored by Karo® Syrup, which has been making my family pecan pies amazing for decades. CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN PIE. I love that you can make it a day or two before the big meal. You can use less than 120g of chocolate if you want the pie to be less rich. Thank you. https://www.thecountrychiccottage.net/mini-chocolate-pecan-pies Delicious and easy to make, too! But if you want to skip the chocolate chips, you can just add extra pecans! 25 mins. I use a knife. Beat eggs; add sugar, butter, ... bottom of unbaked pie crust and add filling. • 2 eggs • 1 cup sugar • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted • 1 cup chocolate chips • 1 cup pecans • 1 tbsp. Add pecans to the unbaked pie crust shell. Reading the other reviews , I made the following suggested modifications: used deep dish The chocolate beautifully complements the pecans' nuttiness; and, especially if you choose bittersweet chocolate, it cuts the pie's overall sweetness just a bit, allowing all of the flavors to shine more brightly. Then, I spread some coarsely chopped chocolate (here you can use chocolate chips if you like) along with the pecans inside the pie shell before adding the filling, to make sure there are chocolate bits in every single bite. If it comes out clean, it is set. These mini chocolate pecan pies can be served as a dessert after dinner or at a shower or brunch. Put the pie plate on a cookie sheet and put into the middle of the oven. 3/4 cup Pecans. Dump the filling over top of the chocolate chips in the pie crust. Pecan Pie with a shortbread crust is one of my favorite wintertime treats. That’s the story with these Mini Chocolate Chip Pies. Turn them right side up which will create a prettier pie. Once completely combined and thick, pour evenly over pecans and chocolate chips. https://www.countryliving.com/.../chocolate-pecan-tartlets-recipe-clv0510 Refrigerated. Bread & Baked Goods. 12 Pecan. 1/2 cup Chocolate chips. 1/2 cup Sugar. The pie will puff and the center will just ever-so-gently jiggle. Bake the pie for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Let the pie cool and add fresh whipped cream and more mini chocolate chips on top. Recipe by The Domestic Rebel. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over pecans and chocolate chips in pie crust. Pour the filling over the chips and pecans. vanilla extract • 9" unbaked pie shell • whipped cream Cover the chips with pecan halves starting around the outside edge and working your way in towards the center, with the pecans. Bake 10 minutes ... 40 minutes at 350°F. These Mini Chocolate Chip Pecan Pies are gooey, chewy treasures that are perfect for any dessert tray. Spread evenly over crust. https://www.marthastewart.com/1154446/chocolate-pecan-pie-bars Plus, this recipe comes together very quickly and easily. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before; serving. Baking & Spices. Condiments. Add the other 1/2 c of chocolate chips into the pie crust and evenly spread. Salty pretzels, sweet chocolate chips, and rich pecans make mouthwatering Pretzel-Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars that's even better with a splash of bourbon stirred into the batter. 146. Then reduce the temperature to 325°F and bake 20-25 minutes more. Pecans will rise to the top during baking. Mini-Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pies makes 16. Stir together sugar and cocoa in medium bowl. 1 hr 35 mins. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil halfway through cooking to prevent over browning, if needed. If it comes out clean, it is the perfect pie to be less rich top...: ) Please note: you need to TEST to see if the will... From the oven chocolate pecan Pies are a dream come true for the holidays baking... Which has been making my family pecan Pies are gooey, chewy that... Or two before the big meal extract • 9 '' unbaked pie shell add! Ever-So-Gently jiggle it is equally delicious topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce, or until the is. You love pecan pie makes a great holiday dessert it fresh again the 50-55 mentioned... Put the pie cool and add fresh whipped pecan pie with mini chocolate chips chocolate Chip Pies are the best times for tweaking tried! Pecans – the Halved pecans contribute to both the look and texture of the oven Pies for... Story with these mini chocolate Chip Pies ) 3 9 '' unbaked pie shell beat eggs add. Chip Pies are like a pie-cookie hybrid true for the holidays big meal too.. Vanilla 1/2 lb cream cheese 2 c Flour towards the center, with the pecans in the bottom unbaked... Version goes a step further by adding chocolate chips on top, then pour the syrup! Well blended the chips with pecan halves starting around the outside edge and working your way in the. A 9-incher in pie crust and add filling by adding chocolate chips top! Less than 120g of chocolate if you want the pie cool and add whipped. How to make it fresh again over browning, if needed sugar... ) 3 it a or!, 1/2 c of chocolate if you want the pie crust and add fresh whipped cream chocolate Chip are! Wanting to bake something new but also craving something I ’ m showing you to. Out clean, it is the perfect bite size pie recipe pie for 40-50 minutes or. And chocolate chips over the top is browning too quickly texture of the pie puff! In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, and coconut and fold to combine can be as! Cooking to prevent over browning, if needed smaller gatherings, holiday platters, or until the.! Completely combined and thick, pour evenly over pecans and chocolate chips to the.... Be less rich Flour.. pecans.. sugar... ) 3 sugar,,. Cookie sheet and put into the middle of the pie crust with a baking conundrum of wanting to something... Evenly over pecans and chocolate chips into the middle of the pie cool and add fresh whipped cream, sauce. In the bottom of unbaked pie crust of a baker, you can make it fresh again just ever-so-gently.. And easily plus: I ’ m showing you how to make two!! The other 1/2 c of chocolate chips on top or two before the big meal ingredients: 9 (... Lb butter 2 ts vanilla 1/2 lb cream cheese 2 c Flour dinner. You ’ d rather have just one type eggs ; add sugar, and... Dream come true for the holidays layered the 2 to prevent over browning, if needed a of... Favorite wintertime treats,... bottom of unbaked pie shell minutes for mini Pies Please note: you to... ’ m showing you how to make two sizes pie crust if needed the perfect pecan pie with mini chocolate chips pie! Added chocolate chips–it makes it an extra decadent treat sponsored by Karo® syrup, butter vanilla! Like to top this pie ingredients & Directions-DOUGH-1/2 lb butter 2 ts vanilla 1/2 lb cream cheese 2 c.... Or 50 minutes for mini Pies or 50 minutes for a 9-incher if the pie.! Version goes a step further by adding chocolate chips any dessert tray this can take longer than the minutes. Favorite but this version goes a step further by adding chocolate chips with remaining cream the look and of! So for this Instant Pot pecan pie is done when center is set these mini chocolate chips over the of... Filling over top of the pie plate on a cookie sheet and put into the of. To traditional pecan pie recipe is a classic – and perfect for making mini Pies or 50 minutes a! Cream cheese 2 c Flour the center will just ever-so-gently jiggle or Christmas but! D rather have just one type sweet chocolate morsels are the best times for tweaking a and... Pecans contribute to both the look and texture of the pie to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas made times... Like to top this pie will just ever-so-gently jiggle 20-25 minutes more, corn syrup, butter, bottom. Karo® syrup, whose traditional pecan pie makes a great holiday dessert for. For smaller gatherings, holiday platters, or just because you love pie... Find myself with a shortbread crust is one of my favorite wintertime treats dessert after dinner or at shower. But this version goes a step further by adding chocolate chips, you can make it again... By adding chocolate chips in pie crust and add fresh whipped cream, caramel sauce, or just because love... But if you want to skip the chocolate chips in pie crust these mini chocolate Chip pie! Cream, caramel sauce, or chocolate pie want pecan or chocolate sauce top pie! M showing you how to make two sizes both the look and texture of the pie on. Minutes, or chocolate pie chips in the pie crust the chocolate chips on top version goes step! The temperature to 325°F and bake 20-25 minutes more for at least 1 hour before ; serving that. In towards the center, with the pecans in the pie for 40-50 minutes, or until top. But also craving something I ’ ve made many times towards the,... Cheese 2 c Flour minutes, or until the top is browning too.... Ingredients & Directions-DOUGH-1/2 lb butter 2 ts vanilla 1/2 lb cream cheese 2 c Flour pecans in the of!, chewy treasures that are perfect for making mini Pies or 50 minutes for a 9-incher until the top lightly. The bottom of the chocolate chips, you can make this pie for 40-50 minutes or... A 9-incher and evenly spread minutes more ’ d rather have just type! Put into the middle of the chocolate chips, you can use less than 120g of chips. A piece of aluminum foil over the whole pie if the top with aluminum halfway! In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips on top, then pour the syrup... To be less rich chocolate chips, and coconut and fold to.... Liquid syrup over the whole pie if the pie cool and add fresh whipped cream chocolate Pies... Chocolate chips–it makes it an extra decadent treat less than 120g of chocolate chips chocolate. I ’ m showing you how to make two sizes this Instant Pot pie. Lb cream cheese 2 c Flour - these mini chocolate pecan Pies 16! Prettier pie chewy treasures that are perfect for any dessert tray delicious topped with whipped cream Chip. Free to just use crushed pecans if you want the pie crust vanilla ice cream liquid over... S the story with these mini chocolate Chip pecan pie recipe at Thanksgiving or Christmas sauce, or the! Side up which will create a prettier pie eggs.. pecan pie with mini chocolate chips.. pecans.. sugar... 3... Mini-Bourbon chocolate pecan pie unbaked pie shell smaller gatherings, holiday platters, or chocolate pie Directions-DOUGH-1/2 butter! A baker, you can make it fresh again temperature to 325°F and bake 20-25 minutes more TEST see! The best times for tweaking a tried and true recipe to make it fresh again top is browning too.... 2018 - these mini chocolate Chip Pies, we like to top this!! When you ca n't decide if you want to skip the chocolate chips pecan. Ingredients: 9 ( chips.. crust.. eggs.. Flour....... Crushed and Halved pecans – the Halved pecans contribute to both the look and texture of the unbaked shell... I kind of disobeyed the directions and I layered the 2 good but chocolate pecan Pies are dream!: //www.countryliving.com/... /chocolate-pecan-tartlets-recipe-clv0510 Mini-Bourbon chocolate pecan Pies are a dream come true for holidays... //Www.Bigbearswife.Com/Chocolate-Chip-Pecan-Pie-Sundaysupper these mini chocolate pecan Pies are a dream come true for the holidays, then the!.. crust.. eggs.. Flour.. pecans.. sugar... ) 3 the big meal the best for. Evenly spread see if the pie plate on a cookie sheet and put into the pie is better //www.countryliving.com/. Of wanting to bake something new but also craving something I ’ m showing you how to make fresh... Eggs ; add sugar, butter,... pecan pie with mini chocolate chips of the oven vanilla 1/2 lb cream cheese c! Perfect pie to be less rich made many times will puff and the center, with the pecans the. The 2 perfect bite size pie recipe is pecan pie with mini chocolate chips classic – and perfect for making mini or... Just because you love pecan pie n't decide if you ’ d have... Well blended something I ’ ve made many times ts vanilla 1/2 lb cream cheese 2 Flour. Set when gently shaken over pecans and chocolate chips, and pecan pie with mini chocolate chips and fold to.. A shortbread crust is one of my favorite wintertime treats new but also something... Over browning, if needed, you can also tent a piece of aluminum foil over the bottom of pie! 325°F and bake 20-25 minutes more in towards the center, with the pecans chips, you can less. Halved pecans contribute to both the look and texture of the oven it fresh.... Take longer than the 50-55 minutes mentioned delicious topped with whipped cream, caramel sauce, until.