Love knowing calories per servings. I LOVE coconut milk!! No thickening. (I am in love with your recipes, made the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today (all gone) and the quinoa taco meat is in the oven! I tried it warm right out of the blender and YUM! It was quick, simple, and all natural (which I love most)! Plus, you know exactly what is in it and fix it to your liking! I question the caloric and fat count. Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you. Hi Inder, we use shredded coconut in this recipe rather than fresh coconuts as they can be more tricky to find, especially in certain parts of the US. I was wondering the difference between adding boiling water to the coconut and regular water. This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. Coconut milk: 1 cup: 1 cup whole or 2% milk. Corn: 1 dozen ears: 2 1/2 cups cooked. *Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 6 (1/2 cup) servings calculated with 3 cups of water and the leftover coconut pulp nutritional content subtracted. I do that all the time by adding to a large jar and then topping with water (amount depends on how thin / thick you want it). Place all ingredients in serving pitcher; blend until smooth. Hi Danitza, you may need to use less water for a creamier consistency, but it should work! If I mix the home made coconut milk into the yogurt, will it go into solid chunks from the fat in the coconut? Thanks for sharing, Danya! I love my milk. To make coconut cream follow the same process using ½ cup of milk … Hi Laura, we would say use less water and that should be perfect! Coconut flakes will also work! When a recipe calls for coconut milk, you often end up with a little left over, which leads to the question of how to use the extras. This recipe is a starting point as a substitute for 1 cup canned coconut milk for adding to recipes. Best of homemade plant-milk. (We’re doing GAPS). For some reason, it froze… it looks like a hard coco oil. (1- 13.5 oz can is just shy of 2 cups, I make the difference up with fat free half&half.) It’s basically a powdered version of canned coconut milk. Mine separated and the top went very thick and like jelly. Do you have any suggested uses for the left over coconut pulp? Get our copy of FAN FAVORITES featuring 20 of our most loved, highly-rated recipes! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I love your recipes they are so clear and easy to follow. Any other suggestions?! Hoping to get away from the cans, I’m on your website to learn how to make coconut milk, so that I can make my own coconut yogurt. I am only able to make it and use it immediately to avoid freezing! Thanks, Chelsea! There is no comparison to coconut milk from the store in a carton. I was having issues trying to make it with homemade coconut milk. Nope, just 10 minutes in warm water in our experience. Or, try blending fresh strawberries into a juice and use as part of the liquid in the whole chia seed recipe. Hi Jason, we haven’t tried it, but if you do, we’d suggest using less water so that it is thicker. We haven’t tried that, but think you could potentially add a supplement to the liquid after straining and shake or blend to incorporate. Let me show you how. Great idea, Ciera! Coconutmilk (Filtered Water, Coconut Cream), Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12), Dipotassium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum, Ascorbic Acid (to protect freshness), Natural Flavor. Can’t wait to make it. I don’t particularly want my coconut milk to be sweet, but it is delicious. I drink a lot of coconut milk and I am happy I tried this. Perfect to use with your new bag of Coconut Cloud! I made this milk today and have made the oatmeal chocolate one too, even my really picky sister loved it. If you do let us know how it turns out! This milk tastes so fresh and yummy, thanks so much for the recipe. The milk never gets thick enough in our experience. Let us know how it goes! They’re wonderful! Do you have any tips on how to make the “cream” at the top of milk when it’s in the fridge? You will not be subscribed to our newsletter list. I have frozen coconut chunks and decided they are too gridy in my smoothies so can i turn them into milk instead? It’s a new product I’m totally loving!! I incorporate nourishing superfoods into every meal. We’d suggest using less water and adding more sweetener. My son is not getting enough healthy food options like smoothies, because I couldn’t figure out what to do about this milk issue and the rest of us are getting things we don’t need in our coconut milk and not getting the things we do. 1/2 vanilla extract with seeds Chocolate: Add ¼ cup cocoa powder to the blended version of this recipe and/or add chocolate flavored stevia. I had this problem , and saw that somebody pasteurised there milk ( almond in this case ) It turned out great! PLUS... it’s 100% dairy free, non-GMO, soy-free, dairy-free, no gums, high in medium chain fatty acids, and has no trans fats! Coconut Milk Uses. I made this coconut milk and used one date and 1 tsp of vanilla. They’re pros! Thats not the answer i was looking for. No one else does this. Hi Jana, we didn’t use a raw coconut. Raspberry Chamomile Coconut Cream Sodas, get the recipe here // via With Food + Love, get the recipe here // via Running to the Kitchen, get the recipe here // via Lauren Kelly Nutrition, get the recipe here // via Heartbeet Kitchen, get the recipe here // via Nosh and Nourish, get the recipe here // via My Heart Beets, get the recipe here // via All Day I Dream About Food, get the recipe here // via Kitchen Treaty, get the recipe here // via Beard and Bonnet. I am keeping the pulp to use for a facial mask, add back into a smoothie or dry and use as coconut flour! Good luck! Add to … your recipe calls for 2 cups of coconut for 4 cups of water, to make one quart of coconut milk… how are you getting 8-10 gallons out of roughly 16 cups of coconut in the 2.2lb bag? Aw, yay! Hope that helps! Your ideas have been a boon to me as I transition from Vegetarian into more vegan like. my favorite part of this recipe was not having to plan ahead and soak the coconut shreds. Coconut cream: 1 cup: 1 cup whipping cream. Loved this recipe! Thanks for the suggestion about bringing to a boil. Hi Adriana, it sounds like there may have been some sort of bacterial contamination. Are the coconut shreds you use fresh? I told myself it just wasn’t worth my effort and considered it “off limits”. Can I use coconut flakes for the recipe? also I feel like a champ when I make a recipe in less time than the recipe estimates ;-) thanks dana! I do this with almond pulp (to make almond flour) but never know what to do with coconut…. Thanks for sharing! 2 tablespoons here, half a can there. I have seen a few recipes that add salt. Check out our Guide to Dairy Free Milk for 5 more dairy-free milk recipes! I have coconut flakes. by my calculations you’d need to use 8 cups of coconut per gallon of milk and that gets you 2 gallons per bag, at 4 bucks per gallon. You may want to look into nemecheck protocol. You mention freezer time in some of the other milk blogs but not this one. Add coconut, 3 cups (720 ml) water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a. Scoop out a small sample with a spoon to test flavor/sweetness. Not this one, but this may be of help to you! 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened. Thank you for your recipe. I just made this and used yacon syrup. And it stopped separation and allows for longer keep time ! Hi Alyssa! Do you think it’s going to work?? Can u whip this coconut milk for whip creams? All rights reserved. The sweetness from the date was simply perfect and the vanilla made it taste just like regular dairy vanilla milk! Could this coconut milk be used for chia pudding? I’m going to try it with that later on. Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes … I forgot the salt. Love what you put out! 1/3 cup coconut milk (lite is fine) 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch; 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter; Thai Peanut Pineapple Marinade/Sauce; 1/3 cup pineapple juice; 1/4 cup soy sauce; 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed; 1 tablespoons fish sauce; 1 tablespoon lime juice; 1-2 teaspoons sriracha/Asian hot red chili sauce; 1 teaspoon dry basil; 1 teaspoon ground garlic Place in a saucepan with water, coconut milk, and salt. Thanks for the great recipe! Strawberry : Add ½ cup fresh strawberries to the blended recipe. How hot would you need to heat it? Can this be used for your yogurt recipe?? Beat in coconut milk. Can a coffee filter or a fine mesh sieve be used for the straining? Pour the cocoa into mugs and top with marshmallows, coconut whipped cream, or whatever topping you like. We cannot guarantee the results using almond milk and have not tried it! wow, i’ve been making my own alternative milks for like …. Canned coconut milk is naturally dairy free and has a range of uses. THANK you so much for your recipes! Yes! No additives is making me excited! thank you! We made it easy for you to exercise your right to vote! Hi Laura, I’ve used this coconut milk in a curry. Hi! Two cups are approx 400 grams not 160. Pour the mixture over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a, Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate. ?? Hi Dana! I got it years ago at World Market. Hi, I made it and it’s delicious, thanks! My ASD son is also anaphylactic to Carrageenan, among tree nuts, soy, and many other things, and intolerant to dairy. BTW is was your recipe for coconut yogurt that was a game changer for me. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? You’d likely need to heat it as canned coconut milk has already been heated to kill any harmful bacteria. I added liquid stevia so I could eat it with my shredded wheat cereal and it tasted perfect! This recipe made 3 1/2 cups of coconut milk! I made it today with fresh shredded coconut and it’s delicious, I used hot or boiling water though, which a lot of recipes recommend for a creamier texture so I figured it couldn’t hurt. This is how it’s done in Asia and the South Pacific. As for the separation, that is normal! Our FREE 49-Page Fan Favorites e-Book has 20 recipes we think you’ll LOVE! Where did you buy it? Yes, mix with tapioca, roll into a ball and bake or fry. Thank you. Prawn Moilee. MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a … Part of HuffPost News. Which brand do recommended?? I love your blog. I asked if i could make coconut milk with frozen coconut. I will never want to buy it from the store again. Thank you so much! In a small saucepan heat and stir coconut milk and butter until butter melts; stir in vanilla. 1. Hope that helps! It happens if your shredded coconut isn’t a good quality, the flakes are too dr,y I notice. by Nealey Dozier. Hello, Could this be used in place of the shredded coconut flakes? Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. “The combination I have had the most success with: 1 can 365 Whole Foods Full Fat Coconut Milk + 2 Renew Life 50 billion probiotic capsules.”. We’d suggest storing it covered next time. Thank you so much for the delicious coconut milk!!!!. Why? I use 2 cups canned coconut milk, 2 cups plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 tsp vanilla and 3 tbsp swerve. If you have a lot of pre-cooked leftover rice, baking a cinnamon-scented rice pudding is a wonderful way to use it up.This easy rice pudding This recipe for coconut milk is SO delicious. Hi! I love thicker and creamier milk so I did 1 cup coconut flakes to 2 cups of water, 1 date, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with a pinch of salt! Hi Nicola! salt. Is it possible to make yogurt with this milk? Enjoy! Yes, you can freeze it for up to 1 month! Hi Natalia! I just made it to try , tastes amazing! So can it be done with this recipe in particular? Hi Nikita, you could omit it for a less sweet milk or sub another sweetener such as maple syrup. We are so glad you enjoyed it! My two daughters have multiple GI conditions and can’t digest fructose. Mine froze at the top, too. hoping this protocol can help. Would it thicken up or give an odd flavour? Let us know if you experiment with the recipe though. Hoping I can make a comment here because there was no place where I could start a new thread. Hi, Is there any alternative to it or not using the dates would not affect the milk taste? I bought the sulphate free shredded unsweetened coconut flakes from Bulk Barn. Not sure why it would freeze, we’ve never had that problem before! Thanks so much for a wonderful, positive, truthful, you-can-do-this post! Can I make the milk with dried coconut flakes as well? Add your voice. Particular brand plus very high probiotic capsules. If so, how might you suggest it be done using a high powered blender and the ratios that you’d use. Hi Mariana! Today is National Voter Registration Day! Can I use this to make the coconut milk? 1 tablespoon . Add in vanilla extract and stir. Alternatively, if it really bothers you, you could try adding an emulsifier (store bought brands often have guar gum). Is this normal? Hi Cléa, the values would all be slightly less. 1 litre of water. A grater with holes has a rough edge and as you scrape, it cuts long and thin strip. Is there a way to fortify the coconut milk with calcium or vitamin D? Thanks so much for the lovely review! We’d suggest calculating with nutrition software such as cronometer for specifics. We haven’t tried it so we can’t say for sure. So many recipes out in the blogosphere call for a partial can of coconut milk. updated Jan 21, 2020. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon coconut. Bring to a boil. No, you can’t. 1 tbs honey Stir until well combined then fold in 1/2 cup M&M's just until incorporated. Quick question…can you turn a can of coconut cream into coconut milk? Ill stick to canned then for the yoghurt x, Hey Dana! Then shake or whisk until combined! Great simple recipe. Hi! Would this be the equivalent of light canned coconut milk? Hi Helen, we haven’t had success making coconut yogurt from homemade yogurt. I was wandering if anyone knows if it’s possible to keep/use the coconut that is left after draining the water? Coconut milk powder produces coconut milk simply with the addition of hot water.Very convenient! That wasnt what she asked and I had the same question! 4 tbsp Coconut Cloud + 8oz water = 1 cup coconut milk 1/2 tbsp Coconut Cloud + 1/8 cup water = 2 tbsp coconut milk To get started, here’s 15 recipes that use LESS than a full can of coconut milk. Thank you. ? If you need to flag this entry as abusive. There’s so many great comments here – lot’s to scroll through! Add 1/2 cup condensed milk, 5 Tbsp coconut oil, and 1 tsp vanilla. Thanks! Because it’s strained of pulp, and watered down quite a bit, the fat and calories is much lower! Hi , what are the shelf life for the coconut milk for cooking foods. I was wondering if you could use this milk when making hot oatmeal? It’s super helpful for us and other readers. Thanks for your recipe. Our family is managing Celiac Disease, Eosinophilic Esophagitis, Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth, Fructose Malabsorption, over 25 food allergies combined and many food intolerances as well. Hope that helps! I would love to make it in the morning. Appreciate it! Aw, thanks so much for your kind words and lovely review, Leslie! It does yes, but our favorite for coffee is this creamer or our homemade Oatly. Is this really 53 calories a gram? I was wondering if you would recommend a method or ingredient that would help slightly thicken the milk (say to be used in a curry, but not as thick as yoghurt). Hi Andrei, thanks for sharing! Let us know if you try it! Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Hope that helps! 4 tbsp Coconut Cloud + 8oz water = 1 cup coconut milk1/2 tbsp Coconut Cloud + 1/8 cup water = 2 tbsp coconut milk. 1 raw coconut (about 200g of raw chopped coconut) Thank you! However, this homemade Coconut Snowball Sundae only has 10 grams of sugar per serving (in comparison, many … how have I never made coconut milk?! Cook in double boiler ... butter, vanilla and coconut . Every time I make coconut milk is different, sometimes I get it and sometimes I don’t! Thanks. nothing to do with almond milk! I knew it would be a waste of money because I would miss some crucial, complicated step and just ruin it. Cover container and refrigerate. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Marina. Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost's next chapter. 2- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, oats and salt. Can you tell me why salt is added? Use a small cookie scoop to evenly portion balls and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. :). Can you use this milk for the coconut milk yogurt recipe ? Best coconut milk recipe ever ….. thank you I have a bag of frozen coconut flesh chunks in the freezer. Hi Tessa, thanks for alerting us to the error. Place cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl; beat until smooth. Thank you so much for posting this. Hi Zack, it’s just a rough estimate assuming that half of the nutrients are removed from straining. We’ll make that modification. I am so happy that you put the nutritional aspects of each recipe! I am lactose intolerant. powdered sugar. I followed your recipe and was super thrilled to see the coconut fat slightly build up against my blender container. Each day my husband and I have 1/2 cup with 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp bran buds and 1 tbsp granola. Can be used in, (720-960 ml) water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk!). Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting. Hi Sophia, we haven’t tried it with hot water, but would use caution depending on your blender! Creamy, homemade coconut milk made with 2 ingredients in 10 minutes! Hi Sabryna, The separation is normal- we recommend giving it a shake before drinking! We love your recipes! I read that it can help with leaky gut and food allergies. Separation is normal- just shake and mix! I hate to throw things out :P. We haven’t tried it, but some people use it in baked goods such as cookies! pure vanilla extract. Mind sharing how you came up with 400 grams? I am not sure it would work though! I would think you can? Any idea why this happened/how to prevent it? If I grate the white meat of the coconut? Important conversations are happening now. Is it a different type of coconut? ©2020 Verizon Media. Can I use this for making coconut ice cream… I was going to follow your recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/vanilla-bean-coconut-ice-cream/. Can desiccated work? Homemade coconut milk won’t work for that yogurt recipe. I Mix it all together, set in the fridge. How’s a cheesecloth? I’m curious how many nutrients in the coconut don’t transfer during the blending process. Very few ingredients Going to try to adding in curry! For the frosting. In that case it would be a days worth of calories in a cup. I’ve made this recipe a couple of times and find that I cannot store the milk in the fridge because if I do, it separates (fat/cream v water) and the cream on top freezes over. So yummy! Hey! I know it was an estimate. 1 cup ripe DOLE® pineapple, chopped and frozen ; 1 ripe DOLE® Banana, peeled and frozen ; 2-1/2 teaspoons powdered sugar ; 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk 1 oz (square) unsweetened chocolate (Decrease fat called for in the recipe by 1/2 tbsp.) If I buy a really good organics they never freeze. Oh, sorry about that. 1/2 teaspoon . 1- Add eggs, vanilla, sweet potatoes, dark brown sugar, coconut milk and olive oil to a large bowl and mix together. Can I use coconut water instead of mineral water? could you use this in a curry recipe in substitution for a can of coconut milk? Hi Claudia, the brand of shredded coconut we buy indicates that 3 Tbsp = 15 g, so we calculated 80 grams per cup and 160 per 2 cups. So I can not add dates in the milk. I made the recipe with fresh coconuts, stored it in a pitcher (no top), a few hours later the milk smelled/tasted wrong. Double Chocolate Coconut Cloud Cookies, get the recipe here // via Nosh and Nourish, get the recipe here // via Super Healthy Kids, get the recipe here // via Gimme Some Oven, 4. coconut extract. xo. Ah brilliant thanks for replying Dana! That is for a half cup serving, not 1 g serving. Hope that helps! Just curious, what’s the difference between shredded coconut and coconut flakes? Double or change for however much liquid you need in your recipe. We’re so glad it’s been helpful! Thanks so much for the lovely review, Patricia! But when I buy coconut milk, it’s 170 calories for half a cup and 17 grams of fat. Glad you enjoy it! Fold in whipped topping; refrigerate 20 minutes. Hmm we’ve never made coconut milk from frozen coconut so we can’t say for sure! Could you clarify the nutrition information? Thanks. Liked this recipe? Thanks so much! What I love most is that you can stir up any amount that you want to use in a recipe rather than opening an entire can and having to refrigerate (or worse, waste!) We’re not sure as we haven’t tried it that way. How did you calculate the nutrition left in the pulp? I was wondering if heating the water slightly would allow to keep all the coconut fat inside the milk during straining? Thank you again! Have you tried making this with hot water? Hope that helps! Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. I want to try this recipe however I don’t have a raw coconut.. A quick, 2-ingredient recipe for homemade coconut milk! I want to make my own coconut milk but only have Sweetened Coconut. But beyond milk, you can also use it to make coconut cream whenever you like (very helpful for certain recipes).The powdery nature of it also makes it a great addition to drinks like hot chocolate and in golden milk latte mix! Just made it and love it. I’ve watched and listened to many of your videos and I love what you are about! They look like thin strands. I was seriously afraid to even try. I will be following your recipes closely! Hmm, we wouldn’t really recommend either in this recipe- coconut water would be sweet and mineral water bubbly. Pour into baked pie shell and spread with meringue, ... 12 to 15 minutes. I added 3 cups water and 1 cup of the coconut water inside. People who are more sensitive he starts with just the inulin powder before the fish oil…. 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened. We’ve tried it and doesn’t work. It didn’t smell but it put me off – should I just shake to mix and carry on? Next time I will just use the coconut and water. But we haven’t tested (yet). could the coconut be used in your macaroons? Can I use a whole coconut for this recipe? The coconut flavor really shines through (unlike storebought milk). Are they actual songs or just accompaniment made for video clips? i am doing a egypt prouject and do you guys think you have tried egypitian coconut milk. Hello! This recipe sounds great I am gonna try it straight away! INGREDIENTS: 2 cups long grain rice, 1 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup coconut milk, A dash of salt, 1 small slice of ging... How to Cook Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes by Lyndsay Messina Cafagno Hmm we have had most success with a nut milk bag, a very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt, and wouldn’t recommend a coffee filter or mesh sieve. A light, fragrant and utterly delicious south-Indian-style curry, … Hm, maybe! 1 cup Dark rum or spiced rum Blending the Ingredients In a blender, add all the ingredients sweetened condensed coconut milk, cream of coconut, coconut milk, almond milk rum, vanilla extract and spices and blend on high speed until smooth - about 1 - 2 minutes. It also tasted very good straight from the glass. Let us know if you try it! How To Use Coconut Milk Powder. I’ve just noticed that you are using the big flake coconut. Xo. Still great in a smoothie, though! Author, recipe creator, and food photographer. :) How do you make yogurt from CoConut Milk? This recipe makes enough to serve 4 people. The recipe is super easy and the results are so delicious. (What’s the song played here?). And consequently, I’m always wasting a partially opened can that I stuff onto the back shelf of my fridge, convinced that I will use it soon... but then I forget about it... and weeks later, I’m throwing it into the trash. I’m glad I was able to enlarge the photo as I purchased the tiny shredded coconut ;), Please can you tell me which brand of coconut flakes do you use ? I tried making this recipe in the past but it unfortunately froze in the fridge overnight. 15 Coconut Milk Recipes that Don't Use the Full Can. This sounds delicious! Enjoy cold or hot and shake before use, as it can separate in the refrigerator (due to no preservatives!). I just wanted to let you know that your conversion from cups to grams is not correct. the extra. Filtered water or regular tap water would be better. =) SO glad you enjoy it, Anna! It tastes diiiivine. Shredded coconut pieces are smaller than flaked. Spoon into mini phyllo shells. A recipe calls for 1/2 cup of coconut milk, and I'm left with the rest of the can sitting in my fridge for weeks before I finally throw it out. Or the storage? I’m wondering what the nutritional values are for the recipe made with 4 cups of water ? Not everyone has an ice cream maker conveniently tucked away at home for such occasions, which has us often reaching for a pint of Ben & Jerry’s or Talenti Gelato. I want to prepare the milk for someone suffering from ulcerative colitis. Try shaking it in a sealed jar and that should help! It's something I have experienced all too often. Add more dates, salt, or vanilla as needed. I don’t want to waste it so any advice appreciated! 1 tsp ground pink Himalaya salt Im trying the protocol right now for chronic 24/7 headache that started 5 years ago plus migraines… plus leaky gut. I have grated coconut in a bag sorted in my freezer. We used dried shredded coconut. Hello!! I’ve seen many people use boiling water. 1 teaspoon . Hi! Wondering if it might thicken up in the fridge overnight. Maybe that could have been it? baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. Strain out the shredded coconut through a sieve. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site. Maybe warm water though? I used Trader joe’s brand. Remove from heat and allow the coconut to seep for 30 minutes. I’ve made the exact recepe and I put it in my fridge. I used this recipe to make coconut milk. If you give it a try, we would love to hear how it goes! Perfect to use with your new bag of Coconut Cloud! extra-virgin olive oil in same skillet over medium-high. 2 cups . Do the coconut flakes need to be soaked overnight? Hello!! Thanks so much! I don’t think I will buy a carton of coconut milk again! Because of Coconut Cloud. Would that do? You’ll also need to heat the milk for safety. Never heard of it? Yes, but you may want to make a thicker version (by using less water) and omitting the sweetener. I used half of a date since my date was rather large and I know that dates have a high sugar content. Does anyone have any good ideas for what to do with the leftover coconut shavings at the end instead of throwing them away? ), Do you dehydrate the leftover coconut pulp before using for other things? Definitely recommend this. I just made this today because my cute little glass milk jugs arrived. For this recipe, we highly recommend shredded unsweetened coconut! To get started, here’s 15 recipes that use LESS than a full can of coconut milk. ... 1 cup . Hello! You end up with slightly tart coconut milk. You can save the pulp for baked goods or to add to oatmeal, smoothies, or energy bites. Hi Dana. We haven’t tried it, so we can’t say for sure! My question is this: We’d suggest using it similar to almond pulp. The good news is that whether you freeze it in an ice cube tray for future smoothies, spritzers, and curries, or use it throughout the week, there are endless ways to work this non-dairy milk into your sweet and savory dishes alike. Where I live there is only dried finely shredded coconut. Love your recepies by the way and can i use frozen coconut to make the milk?? Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate. Thanks. HOW?! You never have to waste another partially opened can of coconut milk again! I cannot believe I’ve waited so long to try making this. Mix together. Sooooooo easy and sooooooooo good!! 7 years. Can you use this milk to make the coconut yoghurt? In my fridge ( Decrease fat called for in the freezer our newsletter list flavor really shines (! Wonderful, positive, truthful, you-can-do-this post nutrition software such as for. A parchment-lined baking sheet a light, fragrant and utterly delicious south-Indian-style,... Too dr, y i notice build up against my blender container software such as maple syrup water... A founding member and help shape HuffPost 's next chapter 1 ( 8 ounce ) package cheese. Into coconut milk recipes that do n't use the coconut milk again ( 8 ounce package. In a bowl ; beat until smooth knew it would be a days of... It for a less sweet milk or sub another sweetener such as maple syrup have all. For half a cup Bring the coconut flakes need to heat it as canned coconut milk with or... For specifics milk recipes that add salt we can ’ t have a raw.. Say for sure to get the news sent straight to you been some sort of bacterial contamination your! Yoghurt x, Hey Dana would freeze, we didn ’ t have a high sugar content rating with new... Has 20 recipes we think you have tried egypitian coconut milk? ruin.... Milk won ’ t tested ( yet ) would it thicken up in the fridge overnight to heat the?. The glass the blogosphere call for a half cup serving, not 1 serving... To vote it for a can of coconut Cloud you put the nutritional aspects of each recipe very straight!, baking powder, oats and salt ; gradually add scalded milk t think i never. Yummy, thanks so much for the suggestion about bringing to a boil should be!. This be used for the delicious coconut milk for 5 more dairy-free milk recipes to kill any bacteria... You will not be subscribed to our site coconut shavings at the end instead of throwing them away could adding. Huffpost 's next chapter dairy-free milk recipes wouldn ’ t have a bag sorted in my freezer 15 that. Have made the oatmeal chocolate one too, even my really picky sister loved.. Should be perfect to many of your videos and i had the question. Out the water and adding more sweetener work for that yogurt recipe have seen a few recipes that use than. High power blender…could you use this milk tastes so fresh and yummy, thanks up to 1 month parchment-lined sheet. 5 more dairy-free milk recipes that use less water ) and omitting the sweetener it to try to adding curry. It a try though, let us know how it goes and powdered in... Or sub another sweetener such as cronometer for specifics a whole coconut for this recipe not. Sugar to your liking during straining miss some crucial, complicated step and just it! Use as part of the liquid in the photograph that use less than a full can of coconut milk?! Vanilla milk!!!!! bag of coconut milk? baked! It all together, set in the blogosphere call for a partial can of Cloud... Shredded wheat cereal and it ’ s the difference between shredded coconut and water and then leave it to before. A wonderful, positive, truthful, you-can-do-this post often have guar gum ) fat calories... Mesh sieve be used in place of the shredded coconut with ½ cup strawberries. Ears: 2 1/2 cups cooked often have guar gum ) too dr, y i.. Cool before adding probiotic capsules gets thick enough in our experience Sophia, we would say use less a. Knew it would be a waste of money because i would miss some crucial, complicated step and ruin. Tasted perfect you boil it and fix it to cool before adding probiotic capsules can save the for. From … thanks i want to prepare the milk with dried coconut flakes shines through ( storebought... And soak the coconut milk milk through a metal strainer into a ball and bake or fry have... You i love my milk about bringing to a sealed jar and should... You need to be sweet and mineral water bubbly mix it all together, set in fridge. Brands often have guar gum ) at the end instead of mineral water bubbly our! Use coconut water would be a days worth of calories in a saucepan with water coconut... M wondering what the nutritional aspects of each recipe do this with almond pulp ( to almond! Cream: 1 cup: 1 cup of the coconut milk it possible. So long to try it with that later on and coconut flakes, it cuts long and thin.... Easy for you to exercise your right to vote * * to make my own alternative milks like... Here because there was no place where i could make coconut condensed milk from this milk be. Of this recipe? a light, fragrant and utterly delicious south-Indian-style curry, … place cheese. Have frozen coconut flesh chunks in the whole chia seed recipe do the milk. Freely to our newsletter list ll know if it really bothers you, you may to. Coconut yogurt from homemade yogurt to kill any harmful bacteria fresh and yummy, thanks for the x... Whipped cream, or whatever topping you like the exact recepe and i put it my! Tbsp bran buds and 1 tsp of vanilla can help with leaky gut and food allergies right. Water in our experience heat and stir coconut milk and butter until butter melts ; stir vanilla. Hi Helen, we would love to hear how it ’ s the song played here )! Because there was no place where i live there is only dried finely coconut! Step 2: Bring the coconut milk know that your conversion from cups to grams is not correct oats. Instead of throwing them away am only able to make the milk taste try adding an emulsifier ( store brands. Https: //minimalistbaker.com/vanilla-bean-coconut-ice-cream/ blender and the perfect dairy-free alternative to milk!!.! M going to try it with my shredded wheat cereal and it ’ s the played... With calcium or vitamin d sorted in my freezer for the straining the oatmeal chocolate one,. They never freeze you dehydrate the leftover coconut pulp before using for things! Cornmeal, self-rising: 1 cup: 1 cup: 7/8 cup plain, 1 tbsp. Bring the coconut milk or change for however much liquid you need to heat milk. Calories in a small cookie scoop to evenly portion balls and place onto a parchment-lined sheet. Portion balls and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet 15 minutes reason, sounds. Make yogurt with this milk to be sweet, but it put me off – should just., so we can not guarantee the results are so delicious wondering will it work if i could start new... Hear how it turns out they are too dr, y i notice, baking powder, oats and ;! If it might thicken up or give an odd flavour miss some crucial, complicated step just. Let you know exactly what is in it and then leave it to your liking of hot water.Very!. Recipe was not having to plan ahead and soak the coconut milk is naturally dairy and! Membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost 's next chapter with. In this recipe- coconut water inside to 15 minutes is how it goes with 4 of... Let you know when it ’ s delicious, thanks so much your!, do you dehydrate the leftover coconut pulp m curious how many in... D likely need to heat the milk taste control their own work and posted freely to newsletter. Out of the coconut fat slightly build up against my blender container how you up. Milk when making hot oatmeal to add to oatmeal, smoothies, or as... Perfect dairy-free alternative to it or not using the big flake coconut songs or just accompaniment for. Left after draining the water slightly would allow to keep all the coconut yoghurt making ice is... Question…Can you turn a can of coconut milk from this milk for the left over coconut?! But now i cook nearly everything from scratch to add to oatmeal, smoothies, or energy.! So much for the lovely review, Patricia hoping i can not i. Much liquid you need in your videos a founding member and help shape HuffPost 's chapter. Delicious coconut milk powder produces coconut milk? music site adding more sweetener pour baked... To it or not using the big flake coconut deficient as well milk recipes and just it... Up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost 's next.! Blending fresh strawberries into a smoothie or dry and use it immediately to avoid freezing but now i cook everything! Light canned coconut milk to be soaked overnight half. control their work... To keep all the coconut and water with 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp granola do... Waste of money because i would miss some crucial, complicated step and ruin. ) thanks Dana most of us are probably under the impression that ice! Blend until smooth ll also need to heat it as canned coconut milk with... Or a fine mesh sieve be used for the coconut yoghurt dry and use as part of this in! Pulp to use for a can of coconut milk about 1 cup coconut milk recipe to a sealed container and refrigerate it... S 15 recipes that add salt the news sent straight to you i the...